[WAMA] Chris Goward, Author of You Should Test That! - March 19th 6pm EST

by Chris Goward 14 replies

I will be doing an 'Ask Me Anything' event on March 19th at 6pm PST.

I worked in advertising for years, and I left to found WiderFunnel in 2007 with the belief that marketing agencies should prove their value.

Today, WiderFunnel is regarded as one of the best conversion optimization agencies in the World with clients like Google, Electronic Arts, ebay, Magento, DMV.org and BuildDirect.com If you are interested in building or running a services company - ask me about it.

I am a keynote speaker at a lot of conferences and events, and I wrote the book 'You Should Test That!' which redefined conversion optimization and has a 5 star rating on Amazon. If you are interested in conversion rate optimization or lead generation - ask me about that.

Feel free to ask me anything and everything about: conversion rate optimization, landing page design, lead generation, e-commerce, affiliate marketing, marketing principles, value proposition, branding, or building and running a company.

I am looking forward to it. Ask away!

Watch the Chris Goward WAMA Replay Here
#warrior ask me anything (wama) #16th #5pm #author #chris #conversion optimization #goward #march #pst #wama
  • Profile picture of the author Alaister
    The event with Chris Goward from WiderFunnel is over.

    Watch the Chris Goward WAMA Replay Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9937943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hamzaghani
    Hi Chris,

    I wanted to say you Hi
    How are you?

    I am a web designer and part time affiliate marketer, but I never had much success with affiliate marketing. I am willing to make it my full time job. Do you have any suggestions?

    Regarding niche that I am focusing is web hosting. Is that okay or should I find a better niche instead?


    Cheers,
    Hamza
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9941070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YourBizAid
    Hey Chris,

    Thank you for this WAMA. I'm a Conversion Rate Expert and want to know if you are aware of the latest lead generation strategy in the industry.

    Thank you Alaister for all these great guys you and your team are bringing into the community.
    I'm blown away! Just keep them coming...

    - Ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9941119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chris Goward
      Originally Posted by YourBizAid View Post

      Hey Chris,

      Thank you for this WAMA. I'm a Conversion Rate Expert and want to know if you are aware of the latest lead generation strategy in the industry.

      Thank you Alaister for all these great guys you and your team are bringing into the community.
      I'm blown away! Just keep them coming...

      - Ken
      Hi Ken,
      I'm not sure which strategy you're referring to. Are you looking for input on something specific?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9953314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author heyglenns
    Chris,
    Thanks for your personal passion for CRO. You have gone from being a sole CRO service provider to running an agency of people who deliver WiderFunnel's services at scale. My question is - as you were building the agency, what were the first few positions you hired and what kind of milestones acted as triggers for adding to headcount?
    Thanks,
    Glenn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9948978].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chris Goward
      Originally Posted by heyglenns View Post

      Chris,
      Thanks for your personal passion for CRO. You have gone from being a sole CRO service provider to running an agency of people who deliver WiderFunnel's services at scale. My question is - as you were building the agency, what were the first few positions you hired and what kind of milestones acted as triggers for adding to headcount?
      Thanks,
      Glenn
      When we began at WiderFunnel, I did all the CRO strategy, design, copywriting, client management, operations, bookkeeping, marketing and html myself. That didn't last long, though. I started by hiring freelance designers, copywriters and developers who I could train in the systems I was developing and test out on a part-time basis.

      Those freelancers eventually were working full time with us until we had enough client work to hire a full time developer and project coordinator to support me. From there, it was a balance of adding production, account management, marketing support and administration as we could afford to.

      I never took on outside investment and always ran it at a profitable level. Sometimes, we didn't know where our next client would come from in those early days, and that was stressful, but we rode the roller coaster to the point where we reached a stable level.

      No matter how hard it was, though, I couldn't give up. This is what I always wanted to do. I can't imagine anything more fulfilling for me, personally. I love it!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9953340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kimistry411
    Hi Chris,
    If you were starting your online business, today, with the knowledge the you have, now, "Where" would you start generating traffic? (i.e. social media, email, ads) The best place for newly beginning marketers...

    Thanks for everything...
    ~Kimistry
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9951285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chris Goward
      Originally Posted by Kimistry411 View Post

      Hi Chris,
      If you were starting your online business, today, with the knowledge the you have, now, "Where" would you start generating traffic? (i.e. social media, email, ads) The best place for newly beginning marketers...

      Thanks for everything...
      ~Kimistry
      The approach I'd take depends on the business. At WiderFunnel, I'd do exactly what we did all over again. We focused on building our thought-leadership expertise and credibility by publishing our blog, case studies, the book, and speaking at conferences.

      But, I wouldn't do that for every business.

      For a purely online business, I believe the most defensible strategy is building a large list of subscribers or followers. You could do that through various methods: a valuable blog, a hard-hitting PPC-to-landing-page offer, a newsletter, from an SEO-focused content site. It all depends on what assets you have as a strength. But, I'd focus on building the list to sell to.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9953352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author csthomp2171
    Hi Chris,
    My question is basically the same as Kimistry411's question. I'm trying to get started in internet marketing and am lost. I can't seem to wrap my head around the whole Idea. Is there information somewhere set up in a step by step process, ie. Step one: Watch such and such videos, step two: find a niche, step 3 set up paypal or whatever, etc. I'm trying to watch videos about this business but cant seem to get it together. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks again,
    Curry
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9951758].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chris Goward
      Originally Posted by csthomp2171 View Post

      Hi Chris,
      My question is basically the same as Kimistry411's question. I'm trying to get started in internet marketing and am lost. I can't seem to wrap my head around the whole Idea. Is there information somewhere set up in a step by step process, ie. Step one: Watch such and such videos, step two: find a niche, step 3 set up paypal or whatever, etc. I'm trying to watch videos about this business but cant seem to get it together. Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks again,
      Curry
      You're at the right place, asking questions, Curry.

      The first step is to read all you can, identify your knowledge gaps and teach yourself what you need to know. There are no step-by-step guides to online success.

      So, fire up your browser and read away!

      The key is to learn, learn, learn.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9953359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author asapoctopus
    how do i earn money on clickbetter.com?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9973701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Karthik Reddy
    Replay link please.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10002727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danieljb
    Thanks for your patience while the recording was produced. The event is now available inside the War Room.

    Watch the Chris Goward WAMA Replay Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10012945].message }}

Trending Topics