We're currently in heavy development on the feed at the moment and have been thinking about how we might go about improving the look and feel of the market place.
One thing I'm keen to try is sharing the designs with you guys to get feedback about things we might have overlooked. Consider this a test of that idea. I encourage all forms of feedback I just ask that it's constructive.
Constructive feedback here could very well influence the direction the marketplace moves!
I emphasise again the following are the designs that we currently have in mind, but are open to some degree of flexibility.
I'm sure the following will raise many questions I'll try and answer most of them as they come through. To get started though I'll try and pre-empt a few of them.
- We have not made a decision yet as to whether or not we will keep the current marketplaces separated, or combine them all as one and have options to filter specific sub market places.
- There will be an option for running a deal for a limited time only and having a featured spot. These will be payed for thread upgrades.
- The Trending, Most Recent and Top Voted are unlikely to be in the final, they are more of a 'what if' scenario.
- Providing that the three options raised in the previous point aren't included bumping and sticking will work as it does now.
- There is a small potential that we could open up spots on the top hero image for advertisers. These would likely be more orientated toward daily deal style products though.
Moving on then to how the product pages might start to look. We want to make it super easy to fill in a few fields and have an awesome looking product landing page. The following example is with all the current optional elements we've been thinking of included.
The idea is that the page will be constructed from different elements like 'Features' or 'Testimonials' and you will be able to simply add them wherever you want.
The top title + image will likely be fixed in position so as to create a more coherent browsing experience for users which will hopefully end up in more conversions for you guys.
There is also the potential to include a rating system moving forward but in order to do that it would only be available on products linked with warrior payments so we can understand who has legitimately purchased the product and who hasn't.