With Warrior Forum joining the Freelancer.com family, we received a huge number of messages with your feedback and suggestions. First of all I would like to give a huge amount of thanks to all of you for the great ideas on how to improve the site and increase engagement and discussion in the forums.
The first thing we did was to assign a dedicated devops team to improving the infrastructure. This is well underway and we plan to have the site fully migrated to Amazon AWS by mid May.
Secondly, we've launched the Warrior Ask Me Anything (WAMA) section, and have an incredible line up of world famous Internet marketing experts to kick it off! I'm really excited to see how this goes! I'm sure we'll all learn a lot from this. Remember you can submit a WAMA too! This is all about hearing and sharing interesting stories- no matter who you are, just as long as you have a good story to tell that would interest the community.
The next thing we're going to do is create a new community team to help grow the forums on Warrior. Here we are going to do two things:
- First, we are going to open up for suggestions for new topic areas; for example there is a lot of interest to start a Growth Hacking forum. We're open to suggestions, so please send them in!
- Secondly, we're going to open up community positions for Warrior Champions for each of the forum sections. Ideally we would like at least two per forum area.
Warrior Champions will be responsible for:
- Increasing engagement in their area
- Stimulating, directing and nurturing discussion
- Coming up with new ideas that will add value to their area
- Must be a regular contributor to the forum
These roles are volunteer roles for people who are passionate about a particular topic area and have a few spare hours per week to commit to building their area into the best it can possibly be. They will help drive the future direction and culture of Warrior Forum.
The current moderators are doing great job at ensuring the sections are run smoothly. They will continue their roles and can also apply to be Warrior Champions if they would like to adopt a more public role.
To apply all you need to do is fill in the form below. We're looking for a bit of information on what you would do to build conversation and discussion in the forums you want to be responsible for as well as the amount of time you are able to spend on the forums. Current moderators can also apply.