I am looking for partners. I will provide the money and expertise and you will provide the idea.
Have a PPC campaign but don't have much money to invest in to it? We can work out a deal to split the profits. Have an idea for a new product but don't know how to market it? Talk to me. Want to create some software or a new app and don't have the resources to make it happen? Send me a PM. Want to start up an offline IM consultancy but don't know where to get started? I can help you.
Basically, if you know how to do something that will be profitable but you don't have the money or expertise to do it yourself, I can help.
PM me with your idea/business plan and I will see what we can do
Note that this thread was created over 2 years ago (I only just happened to check it again today since a few people posted recently and bumped it back up).
In terms of feedback, I had probably 50+ people contact me so far from this thread. Honestly, most of the ideas people came to me with were either complete rubbish, too early/unproven to get an investment or they could not seem to see that their idea would not be a profitable one. Amongst all of that though, there were some fantastic ideas/business plans.
Of the ones I did invest in, it has overall been a profitable experience so far which has been nice - have invested in to the 6-figures now. One was a complete scam but I could kind of see it coming (it was only a small investment so I considered it being worth the risk at the time - only $2k odd). A couple that I invested in are still building up to their potential so it is too early to call them a win/loss yet - I knew that these would be long term investments when I jumped in so no surprises there. There were two projects that have already made back more money than all of the investments put together which have made it all worth while
It was really just great to meet a lot of people with new and innovative ideas to share information/advice with. I have actually kept in touch with a lot of the people even if we didn't reach an initial investment deal or partnership.
For people wanting to contact me, it is very simple - here are some tips;
1. You need to make it very clear from the start exactly what you want to do, how you want to do it, how much money you need to make it happen and a realistic estimate of how to make that money back + more. The amount of people who have contacted me without being able to clearly spell this out has been ridiculous.
2. Provided it is legal, I am happy to get in to any project in any niche in any country. Don't bore me with technical details about what your idea is, I just need to know what is covered in point #1.
3. If you make me read/sign your "NDA" which you have slapped together using a generic template then I am generally not going to bother. I don't plan on stealing an idea and just like I would be trusting you with my money, you will need to trust me in the same way.
4. Since I am going to be taking the majority of the financial risk, I am going to expect a decent financial reward. Don't try offer me a small % of your business/idea as it likely won't be worth the risk.
5. Don't ask for an investment and then also want me to work on the project unless you are willing to give away more of a % in the venture. This should be obvious.
6. More times than not, I am going to want full control of the money and accounts. This means using my accounts to make the necessary payments AND my accounts to process payments where possible. In most cases, you may not actually get the investment in your hands. You might not like this but at the end of the day, I am taking the financial risk so I will do what I can to control the funds.
What is an ideal venture that I love to partner with? Nothing beats a profitable marketing campaign. If for example you have a good record of being able to convert $1 of paid traffic in to $1.20 in sales... it becomes very easy to scale that up and spend more to make more. In this case, we would use my paid traffic accounts (adwords, etc.) and my affiliate accounts (clickbank, jvzoo, commission junction, etc.) so you would not actually see the investment money in your hands. We would simply split the profits generated at an agreed % by way of me sending you your % once I have been paid out. Simple right?