Celebrity photos for CPA?

19 replies
Hey Warrriors,

Need some celebrity photos for some CPA campaigns.

Anybody know where I can buy these for a sensible price for this type of use?

Thanks,

Andy
#celebrity #cpa #photos
  • Profile picture of the author Andy1750
    Hi Tina,

    Really? Just wanted to set up some CPA sites with a question followed by a link to a "free" reward. So, for example, who's you favorite celebrity chef - Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey and wanted to throw in a couple of photos.

    Could this really get me into trouble? Even if I pay for the images?

    Andy
    Signature

    Not trying to sell you anything :-)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[947105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nzdealer
    If I was you I will use it for ppc but at the same time have privacy domain name but do not use it for long term etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[948294].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LeivaMatias
    Originally Posted by Andy1750 View Post

    Hey Warrriors,

    Need some celebrity photos for some CPA campaigns.

    Anybody know where I can buy these for a sensible price for this type of use?

    Thanks,

    Andy
    Hey,

    I would set your site on a offshores hosting. Then right click and save image and use it.

    It will cost you a lot to buy a photo of a celebrity, look at the cpa offers using CNN-NBC etc..

    Being offshores, Private Domain. Goodluck getting caught!
    Signature

    The Youngest Network Marketer To Crack The Internet Code: http://www.matiasleiva.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[948507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimLillig
    I know a thing or two about using celebrity pics. I was the co-founder of MrSkin.com.

    With paparazzi pics you always need to pay for them. Try a site like this one: PR Photos - Exclusive Celebrity Stock Photos For The Press! - $5 a pic and you are good to go.

    As described you will need to add in a disclaimer on the bottom of your site that makes sure that the end user is not confused by your use of the image as an endorsement of your site or any offers that you have waiting behind the lead gen form. For this you will want an atty to draft the language.

    I hope this helps.

    Cheers,
    Signature

    Jim Lillig
    Owner - SynergyIntermedia.com
    Blog: www.jimlillig.com

    Download my book on how to win using CPA networks: http://www.jimlillig.com/state_of_CPA.pdf

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[948588].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Srikanth D
      Ah.. Interesting.. What happens if you use the content+pic directly from "Wikipedia" in your blog. Is that still a prob?
      Signature
      >> Getting back into IM game <<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[948594].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gianne2705
        I guess so..you need first the permission of the celebrity you want to use,As i know,without permission to the person you used for advertising is a violation against the law..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[948837].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andy1750
    I wrote to PR photos and described what I want to use the photos for. Here was the response:

    "Yes it is a permissible use, we have many banner ad companies that do this kind of work. The only thing is that the cost is far different from the standard pricing. To license the photos we require $300 per month per image used. The number of impressions that the image gets and the viewers that see it is way higher than your average web use. If you would like to discuss this further I can get you out a contract for you to look at"

    Are they having a laugh!?

    Andy
    Signature

    Not trying to sell you anything :-)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[950887].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TE2
      Originally Posted by Andy1750 View Post

      I wrote to PR photos and described what I want to use the photos for. Here was the response:

      "Yes it is a permissible use, we have many banner ad companies that do this kind of work. The only thing is that the cost is far different from the standard pricing. To license the photos we require $300 per month per image used. The number of impressions that the image gets and the viewers that see it is way higher than your average web use. If you would like to discuss this further I can get you out a contract for you to look at"

      Are they having a laugh!?

      Andy
      Andy,

      They are dead serious.

      A friend of mine paid a guy to build his business site and the web designer threw up some images (that he had not properly licensed).

      A few months later, he received a FedEx package containing a cease and desist order for the copyrighted pictures along with a demand letter for about $15,000.

      He was able to reach a deal with the company twhere he removed the images and paid them around $3500.

      I related the above real life example to demonstrate that they are dead serious - its their business.

      Regards,

      John
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[950988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Austin E Anthony
    use a blogger for the site and you cant be tracked!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[951288].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[951449].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cash37
      Pay the extra 6 bucks for whois protection....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[951462].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author koolphoto
        First. Talk to a lawyer if you don't want to get sued.

        You can not use a photo of any type of celebrity for anything commercial, even if you license it from a photographer or agency. The celebrities lawyers if they find out will send you at the very least a cease and desist and that is if you are very lucky. Celebrities don't like anyone to use their photos unless they approve. They don't want to appear to endorse anything they are not getting paid for. You need a release from the celebrity.

        All photos you see in ads are with the celebrity's approval. All photos you see in magazines with stories or photos like People's Startracks etc. or blogs like perezhilton.com (as long as they license the image from a photographer) are allowed because they are considered editorial content. Editorial content it is allowed. Commercial content it is not allowed.

        I also would be surprised that a cpa network would allow it. They don't want trouble from the celebrities lawyers either.
        Signature

        My name is Ken Katz and I am a Web Designer and Photographer. My motto: "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -Jim Rohn

        Celebrity Portrait Photgapher - My Photography Portfolio.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[951709].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Cash37
          Originally Posted by koolphoto View Post

          First. Talk to a lawyer if you don't want to get sued.

          You can not use a photo of any type of celebrity for anything commercial, even if you license it from a photographer or agency. The celebrities lawyers if they find out will send you at the very least a cease and desist and that is if you are very lucky. Celebrities don't like anyone to use their photos unless they approve. They don't want to appear to endorse anything they are not getting paid for. You need a release from the celebrity.

          All photos you see in ads are with the celebrity's approval. All photos you see in magazines with stories or photos like People's Startracks etc. or blogs like perezhilton.com (as long as they license the image from a photographer) are allowed because they are considered editorial content. Editorial content it is allowed. Commercial content it is not allowed.

          I also would be surprised that a cpa network would allow it. They don't want trouble from the celebrities lawyers either.
          Incorrect.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[951860].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author koolphoto
            If you are going to tell me I am incorrect then explain. One word answers like that are meaningless.

            I guess telling them to seek a lawyer's advice is incorrect. He would know for sure.
            Signature

            My name is Ken Katz and I am a Web Designer and Photographer. My motto: "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." -Jim Rohn

            Celebrity Portrait Photgapher - My Photography Portfolio.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[951948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerfectTracking
    50 cent did recently sue someone using his photos to promote a CPA offer on MySpace, for $1mil.
    LINK: www (DOT) foxnews (DOT) com/story/0,2933,290274,00.html (i can't post a link to it as my post count is less then 15)

    You can't use anyone's photos to promote your own product, celebrity or not, but if you do use a celebrity you'll be hit much harder :-) ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[952316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Drewry_Media
    if you have not found what you're looking for yet, please let me know, as I am happy to be of service in helping you to find a celebrity stock photos :-)
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5253076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexander K
    You just responded to a thread two years old?

    But, actually brings up a good question.

    All the people who did the poll websites or youtube videos with images of celebrities in them for CPA... they could all get sued? Never saw that mentioned once in any of the threads about doing it.
    Signature
    [EliteWebsiteTraffic.com] - Purchase Up To 10 Million Targeted Visitors a Month.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [EasySocials.com] -Buy Youtube (Views, Followers, Subs, Likes, Comments), Facebook Fans, Twitter (Followers & Retweets), Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Vimeo, Soundcloud. [Affiliate & Reseller Program Available]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5253940].message }}

Trending Topics