In dire need of ppv/cpv help!

22 replies
Hello Warriors,

(The first few paragraphs are just my background) So here is my story. I recently lost my job like many other americans its a tough life out there. Getting a job isnt really the problem its holding it for me. Im no slacker by any means im always on time. I always seek to do the best i can.

I was told by an online friend of mine about this whole cpa thing which i had never heard of prior to him telling me. He had a lot of success and shared many stories with me of others who had the same luck. Well, this pumped me up i took to my bank and scrapped together $50 and bought myself a ebook that my friend recommended. What really caught me about that ebook is that the creator promised to help us. Well he disappeared short after i bought it and that really disappointed me.

A month later i had figured out exactly how to do everything and i was ready to get going. I had dreaded the day for a while in a way as i had to spend a lot more money. Which i didnt have in the first place. I bought a domain and got vps for it from beyond hosting. Then i applied to maxbounty and neverblue. Got accepted. Then i was left to find the best traffic provider. Well the ebook stressed how awesome lead impact was. It was $1000 it hurt me to think about. However, I ended up gutting through it and bought into it.

A week later i got my first campaign set up along with prosper202 for tracking my keywords. Well before i placed a bid on my keywords i checked in with my online friend who promised to help me. When i contacted him there was no response back. I had tried to contact my friend 2 weeks prior just to give a heads up to tell him where im at and there was no response even then.

I ended up launching my campaign anyways and within the first hour or so lost about $50. That really has hit my morale hard. I seeked help from my affilate manager from maxbounty and after about 4 days of waiting for a response of what i should be doing, I got a less than pleasing answer. So no help from them. People on here have told me to buy affplaybook but i just cant afford it.

Today I just realized my vps hosting with beyond hosting expired. Thats another $50! I decided that id try to seek some expert help before i lose anymore money. I knew that this would take some money to get started and your first campaign isnt always a winner. But, I was told that the best people had mentors and thats really what i need.

Nobody likes to share their methods. I get that. I just need some kind of direction from those who have had success with ppv/cpv.
#dire #ppv or cpv
  • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
    Guys im not looking for you to share your money making secrets by any means at all. I want to find my own, i just need a little guidance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9603965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author charlesc2015
    Don't worry you will find the right person to tag along with. I just got lucky myself and found someone to help me with MLM.
    Signature
    Charles Comer
    1-on-1 Coaching Provided
    www.getnationalwc.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9603970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
    ill try changing my question so maybe ill get a response... Does anyone know anyone i can talk to for help?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604077].message }}
  • I don't even know where to start, why do you need VPS??? Why 50, you can get VPS for less but why not sharring then when it jams upgrade from profits.
    Why do you need lead impact $1000??

    Why not bumb marketing.

    Why not get a job while doing affiliate on the side??

    Just a few.

    Get a job first then play with part of your salary that's my advice. affiliate marketins is complex and 1 in 1000 figure it out 999 FAIL yes no gury will say that or they will not sell WSO but 99% of every person who buys CPA WSO makes how much money (answer is $0) that the no hype answer. I know it sucks.
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604093].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
      Originally Posted by HelpingYouBeAnExpert View Post

      I don't even know where to start, why do you need VPS??? Why 50, you can get VPS for less but why not sharring then when it jams upgrade from profits.
      Why do you need lead impact $1000??

      Why not bumb marketing.

      Why not get a job while doing affiliate on the side??

      Just a few.

      Get a job first then play with part of your salary that's my advice. affiliate marketins is complex and 1 in 1000 figure it out 999 FAIL yes no gury will say that or they will not sell WSO but 99% of every person who buys CPA WSO makes how much money (answer is $0) that the no hype answer. I know it sucks.
      Id get a job if I thought i could get one that holds. Most people i feel fail because they quit. Im no quitter and i have loads of time. All i need is someone to help push my swing a little so i can get started myself.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604133].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SocialNetworks
        Originally Posted by Trevor Till View Post

        Id get a job if I thought i could get one that holds. Most people i feel fail because they quit. Im no quitter and i have loads of time. All i need is someone to help push my swing a little so i can get started myself.

        Trevor - do you have any experience in websites or are you starting straight out of the gate with ppc? I would support the argument that 99% of people fail, but I think it is important to understand that failure is in large due to lack of drive and giving up. If you take the time to read everything you possible can on warrior forum, learn from everything you see, you will get a massive head start into this whole process.

        The ebooks, the courses, they are all well and good, but there is so much information here that will get to miles ahead of where you are now.

        I don't know your financial situation, or lifestyle, but I would also recommend erring on the side of caution while you get educated in the field and continue working even if it is for a little bit to help offset some stuff ppc can be extremely expensive... Especially while starting.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604154].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
          Originally Posted by SocialNetworks View Post

          Trevor - do you have any experience in websites or are you starting straight out of the gate with ppc? I would support the argument that 99% of people fail, but I think it is important to understand that failure is in large due to lack of drive and giving up. If you take the time to read everything you possible can on warrior forum, learn from everything you see, you will get a massive head start into this whole process.

          The ebooks, the courses, they are all well and good, but there is so much information here that will get to miles ahead of where you are now.

          I don't know your financial situation, or lifestyle, but I would also recommend erring on the side of caution while you get educated in the field and continue working even if it is for a little bit to help offset some stuff ppc can be extremely expensive... Especially while starting.
          Thanks for the response Yeah, ive been reading around on here for a while but unfortunately nobody is really sharing the info i need. Sure i can set up tracking create a campaign and create a good looking landing page but im very weak when it comes to choosing a good offer and then getting the right keywords. Warrior forum seems to be lacking that kind of info. Yes i get it that there is no one great offer but i also know that sometimes in sense there is a BETTER offer.(I recently failed with a mmo game offer)

          Also im doing cpv not ppc. Pcc is much more expensive i believe which is why im not doing that.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
    I feel that maybe if i was to get a little guidance (as simple as an experience where they had success or an experience where they failed) id be that much better. The last campaign i had was getting bad traffic(probably due to my keyword selection). Id get like 5 click throughs a day off of like 100 views which isnt bad but no leads at all. Didnt quite make sense to me. Also when i was starting i had one keyword getting like 100 views a minute.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604171].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nickutis
      Originally Posted by Trevor Till View Post

      I feel that maybe if i was to get a little guidance (as simple as an experience where they had success or an experience where they failed) id be that much better.
      This is exactly what you would find in affplaybook follow-alongs.

      59$ is what, one evening out with friends drinking beer. But it could be a huge headstart in your ppv career
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604217].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
        Originally Posted by nickutis View Post

        This is exactly what you would find in affplaybook follow-alongs.

        59$ is what, one evening out with friends drinking beer. But it could be a huge headstart in your ppv career
        Id love to join affplaybook seems exactly what I need. But what if I buy it and it doesn't help me start making some money? Then I've lost yet more money which I can't afford to do given my budget.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604229].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SocialNetworks
          Originally Posted by Trevor Till View Post

          Id love to join affplaybook seems exactly what I need. But what if I buy it and it doesn't help me start making some money? Then I've lost yet more money which I can't afford to do given my budget.
          Hate to be negative at all, but i really think if you are looking for a "Tell me how to make money" guideline where someone full out lays out how they make money, i dont think you are going to have much luck... there is going to need to be an investment in time and money to create success (Less money = more time ... more time invested = less money)

          this also gives some weight to why people are saying you should keep working while learning the ropes? so the $59 isnt a big hit?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604348].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
            Originally Posted by SocialNetworks View Post

            Hate to be negative at all, but i really think if you are looking for a "Tell me how to make money" guideline where someone full out lays out how they make money, i dont think you are going to have much luck... there is going to need to be an investment in time and money to create success (Less money = more time ... more time invested = less money)

            this also gives some weight to why people are saying you should keep working while learning the ropes? so the $59 isnt a big hit?
            No I'm definitely not looking for that. What I'm looking for is simply someone to tell me there experience with CPV. Like for example if I was describing my campaign id tell someone this "I didn't/did have luck with mmo game offers. I used Maxbounty. I targeted all URLs for my keywords. I used a landing page. I created the landing page myself." I'm just looking for something along those lines not the entire package. I just want to know what didn't work and what did for you guys. I'll base my campaigns from that angle.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
    Maybe this sounds useless and stupid to ask this to you guys who know what your doing. But, it means a lot to me. I love learning I always have. I've basically self taught myself everything in life. But, there's a moment every now and then in someone's life where you will need someone's advice on something. This is my moment. A moment where I'm stumped and out of resources.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9604408].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Trevor Till View Post

      Maybe this sounds useless and stupid to ask this to you guys who know what your doing. But, it means a lot to me. I love learning I always have. I've basically self taught myself everything in life. But, there's a moment every now and then in someone's life where you will need someone's advice on something. This is my moment. A moment where I'm stumped and out of resources.
      Ok, one of the things I know is fundamentals work. I'm from Serbia, where I"m from there are no basketball clubs in my area and no one plays basketball (my county is poor all villages play only soccer no basketball - most Serbia like my county). The country is tiny but the few who play win medals in the world cup and Olympics, how? I saw what they do and they do it over and over again and it's a good lesson. They train fundamentals the boring stupid stuff no one likes.

      So in CPA try the fundamentals. Make 2 landing pages, then get 1 traffic source rotate and see what happens.

      Then repeat. Make 2 landing pages get a traffic source repeat. Improve.

      Repeat.

      Do fundaments. Then ask specific question.

      that is how you will make it.

      Good luck!
      Signature
      soon people... Relax...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9605293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
    That's a very good idea. I thought to do that but got discouraged right after my first LP failed to perform.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9605329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Techieyou
    Hi Trevor,

    "Helpingyoubeanexpert" is absolutely right on the approach you should take given that you don't have the money to invest into your initial marketing efforts.

    Like you I was a newbie a couple month ago and i did not have much cash to invest however, I looked to free alternatives to get started. The only thing am paying for right now is my domain and hosting which is pretty cheap. But for that you can us article directories to post your money pages.

    If you want help, stick to the warrior forum, avoid information overload by deviating to other sources on the web. Don't buy products until you can really afford it i.e. when you start making money that you can reinvest.

    As for what i've learnt about the fundamentals of CPA marketing, and other forms of affiliate marketing is that its fundamentally a three phase process.

    1. You build pages that ads value to the reader i.e. a how to, a report, a review. > Do that with squidoo
    2. You include affiliate links to products that are related to your content > maxbounty, peerfly, clickbank
    3. You drive targeted traffic to these pages > (in your case free traffic) Facebook, Yahoo Answers, Youtube, Craig's List, Twitter, Forums,

    Remember, stick to the warrior forum. I've already made much progress just by soaking in the wealth of information in this forum. Your next buy should be a war room membership (when you can afford it)

    Hope this helps,

    Damian
    Signature
    "As you think, so shall you become" ~ Bruce Lee
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9605657].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
      Originally Posted by Techieyou View Post

      Hi Trevor,

      "Helpingyoubeanexpert" is absolutely right on the approach you should take given that you don't have the money to invest into your initial marketing efforts.

      Like you I was a newbie a couple month ago and i did not have much cash to invest however, I looked to free alternatives to get started. The only thing am paying for right now is my domain and hosting which is pretty cheap. But for that you can us article directories to post your money pages.

      If you want help, stick to the warrior forum, avoid information overload by deviating to other sources on the web. Don't buy products until you can really afford it i.e. when you start making money that you can reinvest.

      As for what i've learnt about the fundamentals of CPA marketing, and other forms of affiliate marketing is that its fundamentally a three phase process.

      1. You build pages that ads value to the reader i.e. a how to, a report, a review. > Do that with squidoo
      2. You include affiliate links to products that are related to your content > maxbounty, peerfly, clickbank
      3. You drive targeted traffic to these pages > (in your case free traffic) Facebook, Yahoo Answers, Youtube, Craig's List, Twitter, Forums,

      Remember, stick to the warrior forum. I've already made much progress just by soaking in the wealth of information in this forum. Your next buy should be a war room membership (when you can afford it)

      Hope this helps,

      Damian
      Yeah I kinda wish I would have started with Facebook, YouTube, and blog marketing. I think I'm going to try to continue with ppv and split test landing pages. I do have a question still though and that is wether or not it's a good idea to target search words to a site, the site itself, or the site and a sub category within the site such as: Facebook.com/something.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9606173].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Techieyou
        Originally Posted by Trevor Till View Post

        Yeah I kinda wish I would have started with Facebook, YouTube, and blog marketing. I think I'm going to try to continue with ppv and split test landing pages. I do have a question still though and that is wether or not it's a good idea to target search words to a site, the site itself, or the site and a sub category within the site such as: Facebook.com/something.
        You can target your site's main keyword and long tail key words. For example if the broad subject of your site is weight loss you can target that keyword and you can also target a page on your site that talks about weight loss supplements which is a long tail key word.

        But to increase your chances of converting along with perfecting your copy, also focus on targeting buyer's key words.

        As a beginner myself, the best advice i can give you from what I've learnt and what I've seen work is that your try to target traffic that is already looking to buy. In a sense try to intercept these buyers and provide an affiliate link to what they're actually looking for.

        Continuing with the my above example a good example buyer's keyword would be Best weight loss supplements.

        Hope this answer's your question.
        Signature
        "As you think, so shall you become" ~ Bruce Lee
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9606255].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GodOfCPA
        Originally Posted by Trevor Till View Post

        wether or not it's a good idea to target search words to a site, the site itself, or the site and a sub category within the site such as: Facebook.com/something.
        With Lead Impact, I think it is better to bid on URLs when you're starting as there is less chance of suddenly getting thousands of impressions that don't convert. You also have a better chance of putting the right offer in front of the right people if you're targeting sites, keywords take a lot more testing and loss. Also, think broad demographics and mass-appeal offers, otherwise you'll never get enough traffic.

        Example: You have a diet offer with a farticle lander aimed at women - you don't need to find websites mostly browsed by women looking to lose weight (ie. weightwatchers.com), all you need to do is find websites with a lot of adult women. Think of a few categories, such as browser game / bingo sites, celebrity news sites, local weather, etc. where women are well known to visit.

        If you try to get too clever and highly-targeted with CPV, you'll never get anywhere. Just get an offer with a broad demographic, find a site category where they hang out and target that with one offer and a few landing pages. Start with one category, see what the response is, if there's low CTR across several pop ups, then move onto another category.

        You may as well copy a few landing pages from others to start with, test a few and figure out why one worked better than the others and then use that info to make the lp better. Creativity is a waste of time when you're starting, just copy landing pages (whatrunswhere has a 5 day trial, lots of landing pages there) and focus on analyzing your data and optimizing your targeting -- the true competitive advantage -- until you start to understand why some convert better than others.

        But you have to be ready to lose at least half of your deposit before you start seeing something work (not seeing profit, just potential). These days, nothing is profitable unitl you've lost significant money testing and optimizing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9606328].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Trevor Till
          Originally Posted by Techieyou View Post

          You can target your site's main keyword and long tail key words. For example if the broad subject of your site is weight loss you can target that keyword and you can also target a page on your site that talks about weight loss supplements which is a long tail key word.

          But to increase your chances of converting along with perfecting your copy, also focus on targeting buyer's key words.

          As a beginner myself, the best advice i can give you from what I've learnt and what I've seen work is that your try to target traffic that is already looking to buy. In a sense try to intercept these buyers and provide an affiliate link to what they're actually looking for.

          Continuing with the my above example a good example buyer's keyword would be Best weight loss supplements.

          Hope this answer's your question.
          Originally Posted by GodOfCPA View Post

          With Lead Impact, I think it is better to bid on URLs when you're starting as there is less chance of suddenly getting thousands of impressions that don't convert. You also have a better chance of putting the right offer in front of the right people if you're targeting sites, keywords take a lot more testing and loss. Also, think broad demographics and mass-appeal offers, otherwise you'll never get enough traffic.

          Example: You have a diet offer with a farticle lander aimed at women - you don't need to find websites mostly browsed by women looking to lose weight (ie. weightwatchers.com), all you need to do is find websites with a lot of adult women. Think of a few categories, such as browser game / bingo sites, celebrity news sites, local weather, etc. where women are well known to visit.

          If you try to get too clever and highly-targeted with CPV, you'll never get anywhere. Just get an offer with a broad demographic, find a site category where they hang out and target that with one offer and a few landing pages. Start with one category, see what the response is, if there's low CTR across several pop ups, then move onto another category.

          You may as well copy a few landing pages from others to start with, test a few and figure out why one worked better than the others and then use that info to make the lp better. Creativity is a waste of time when you're starting, just copy landing pages (whatrunswhere has a 5 day trial, lots of landing pages there) and focus on analyzing your data and optimizing your targeting -- the true competitive advantage -- until you start to understand why some convert better than others.

          But you have to be ready to lose at least half of your deposit before you start seeing something work (not seeing profit, just potential). These days, nothing is profitable unitl you've lost significant money testing and optimizing.
          Thank you both for very thorough answers! Yeah my last offer i had a situation where i bid on one keyword that took in $50 in less than an hour almost with only a few click throughs.

          I recently tried to promote a mmo game and i targeted all mmo sites with mmo game lists. Id get one click through about every 50 impressions which i heard isnt to terrible. (this was after i got rid of the nasty keyword) The traffic was very slow though id get like 7 impressions a hour sometimes. So i ended that campaign and now i think im going to go after a more targeted mmo game. If that fails ill leave the game category for a little while. Is using googles display planner a good place to start?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9606356].message }}
        • Originally Posted by GodOfCPA View Post

          With Lead Impact, I think it is better to bid on URLs when you're starting as there is less chance of suddenly getting thousands of impressions that don't convert. You also have a better chance of putting the right offer in front of the right people if you're targeting sites, keywords take a lot more testing and loss. Also, think broad demographics and mass-appeal offers, otherwise you'll never get enough traffic.

          Example: You have a diet offer with a farticle lander aimed at women - you don't need to find websites mostly browsed by women looking to lose weight (ie. weightwatchers.com), all you need to do is find websites with a lot of adult women. Think of a few categories, such as browser game / bingo sites, celebrity news sites, local weather, etc. where women are well known to visit.

          If you try to get too clever and highly-targeted with CPV, you'll never get anywhere. Just get an offer with a broad demographic, find a site category where they hang out and target that with one offer and a few landing pages. Start with one category, see what the response is, if there's low CTR across several pop ups, then move onto another category.

          You may as well copy a few landing pages from others to start with, test a few and figure out why one worked better than the others and then use that info to make the lp better. Creativity is a waste of time when you're starting, just copy landing pages (whatrunswhere has a 5 day trial, lots of landing pages there) and focus on analyzing your data and optimizing your targeting -- the true competitive advantage -- until you start to understand why some convert better than others.

          But you have to be ready to lose at least half of your deposit before you start seeing something work (not seeing profit, just potential). These days, nothing is profitable unitl you've lost significant money testing and optimizing.

          Ha ha, that is what happened to me, I put some lame keyword the first time I ran Leadimpact and when I woke up all the money was gone from the account and I got 0 conversions

          You got to watch Leadimpact like a hawk.
          Signature
          soon people... Relax...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9606907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    There is a fair bit of good advice here, I'm going to add a few points of my personal opinion

    1. Manage expectations - to think you are going to make money on your first campaign isn't a realistic expectation, it often takes many to find success. Not every campaign will be successful, even for the veteran affiliates

    2. I'd recommend getting more than one campaign running at a time, try different types of offers and niches. Don't out all your faith in one campaign.

    3. Make sure you have a strategy going in with your campaigns, know how much you will invest into your campaign before pausing targets, before chaning your lp, before pausing the campaign

    4. The more details we have the more we can help, if you can share more details about your first campaign we might be able to give you some tips

    5. Right now, don't think that you're losing money. You are investing in your learning and development. It's going to take money to make money and this is normal. Even when starting campaigns, at first you are buying data (not losing money) to see which targets convert or don't, etc.



    Don't lose faith. Keep going and keep asking questions and keep learning.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9606438].message }}

Trending Topics