I Just Got Approved For Adsense! Now What Kind Of Website(s) Should I Make?

53 replies
So I just got approved for adsense..... can anyone recommend to me some websites to build? anyone?

I know how to get domains, get hosting, and set up wordpress....... but what i am not really that well-versed in is the "type" of website I should build in order to get traffic.....

I was thinking about perhaps building a website about a celebrity or something.... just take articles about celebs from news sites... re-write them and put them on a wordpress site..... I put the adsense code in and bam.... people come to my website, and then my ads start getting clicks....

Anyway, ideas? I welcome all input... Thank you!
#adsense #approved #kind #make #websites
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Fuentes
    What are your plans for driving traffic to your site?
    Signature

    Contact Me HERE...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024882].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
      Originally Posted by Michael Fuentes View Post

      What are your plans for driving traffic to your site?

      Good question. My answer is............................................ I don't know. lol.

      I was thinking about basically just putting content on the website daily, pinging my site, and then making youtube videos that link back to my website.

      I could pay for backlinking services which I could purchase from WF.

      The youtube option is free.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author astraler
    First, you have to draw traffic to your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024896].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
      Originally Posted by astraler View Post

      First, you have to draw traffic to your website.
      All right. Fair point.

      How does one do that? What is the best free method? I can write articles. I can make youtube videos.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024968].message }}
  • Focus on creating a content-rich website that your users can enjoy. Maybe pick a niche that you're passionate about, as it won't feel so work-life writing for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
    My current website which has adsense on it is about a certain female celebrity. The adsense ads on my site are all dating related banner ads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024969].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mvalerie79
      Relationships, Finance and health are all great niche categories to focus on. Use the Google Keyword tool to narrow down your niche. As far as Adsense earning look for keywords that cost $1.00 per click in order to earn more adsense revenue.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10041257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
    I wish there was an adsense community or forum that you can go to where you can agree to go to other people's websites where they also have adsense... and you click on their ads just so long as they agree to go to your website and click on your ads so that everyone is making money. LOL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10024970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by Now Is The Time View Post

      I wish there was an adsense community or forum that you can go to where you can agree to go to other people's websites where they also have adsense... and you click on their ads just so long as they agree to go to your website and click on your ads so that everyone is making money. LOL.

      There are many, I am a member of a few. Just use google.

      al
      Signature

      Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
      ~Jack Handey~

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10025027].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
        Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

        There are many, I am a member of a few. Just use google.

        al
        lol, okay. I was just kidding, though. I'm just going to rely on organic traffic and their clicks to make me money.... even if it is a paltry sum.

        I'll play it safe.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10026372].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author uktrader
      Everybody says this, but that's because it's so important: First of all, treat it as a business, because that's what it should be.

      A business has revenues (like AdSense income) and costs (like the time it takes for you to create content or promote the site, or the money you pay someone else to do that). Obviously the revenues must be greater than the costs.

      1) AdSense revenues are a factor of 2 things: number of clicks x what you get per click. Number of clicks is a factor of demand for info on the topic x how big share of this demand you are able to direct to your website x how much willing the visitors are to click your ads. Before selecting a topic/niche for your site, think about all these factors, because they will determine your success and profits/losses. You want to choose a niche which has high demand and high CPC and where you have some competetitive edge (e.g. you know a lot about the topic and can produce content quickly and easily, or you have access to promotional channels which others may not have). Of course, there is never a niche that is perfect on all these factors.

      2) Second part is costs. Before you select the niche, you should know your methods of 1) producing content (e.g. writing it yourself; how many pages per week or in total you want the create, about what...) 2) marketing (e.g. SEO, social - which social media you'll focus on etc.). Regarding the celebrity topic you are considering, personally I have no experience in that area, but one thing to keep in mind is that this kind of content is always short lived - celebrities come and go and no one is interested in some actress getting naked on some party two years ago (because new incidents like this keep coming). This will be reflected in the costs part of the equation - you will have to keep creating new content, because existing content will quickly become outdated and won't perform for long. Not that it's bad and can't make money (all news sites operate like this), but keep this in mind. Often timeless content has much better revenue/cost relationship in the long run.

      Think about all these things before you register your domain and launch the site. When creating a website like this, the most important work, which has the greatest effect on success/failure is done before the website is started, during the research. Note that the way you'll do research will depend on your planned promotional tactics. If you want to focus on SEO, research keywords and competition in organic search. If you want to focus on some particular social media platform, research what kind of content is popular there and how the people who post it use it to drive traffic to their money sites.

      One last piece is I would try to think beyond AdSense. It's a good source of revenue, but maybe later you may come to a point where you'll want to take your website to the next level, promote affiliate products or even sell your own stuff. Or just find some advertisers on your own, which will make much more money, because with AdSense Google obviously keeps high share of the revenue. It's not a bad idea to focus solely on AdSense now, but you should have a rough plan for possible future expansion and for a possible future exit (you don't want to be writing celebrity articles forever I guess).

      One really last piece is be careful with buying lots of backlinks or black hat methods, especially if you use that for AdSense. I have no experience with black hat methods personally (of course ), but I'm sure you've also seen all those stories here, on BHW and elsewhere, about people getting their accounts banned or suddenly losing all traffic etc. These things won't happen if you treat it as a business and think long term. Google is smart and it's getting smarter every day.

      Good luck.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10025028].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
        Originally Posted by uktrader View Post

        Everybody says this, but that's because it's so important: First of all, treat it as a business, because that's what it should be.

        A business has revenues (like AdSense income) and costs (like the time it takes for you to create content or promote the site, or the money you pay someone else to do that). Obviously the revenues must be greater than the costs.

        1) AdSense revenues are a factor of 2 things: number of clicks x what you get per click. Number of clicks is a factor of demand for info on the topic x how big share of this demand you are able to direct to your website x how much willing the visitors are to click your ads. Before selecting a topic/niche for your site, think about all these factors, because they will determine your success and profits/losses. You want to choose a niche which has high demand and high CPC and where you have some competetitive edge (e.g. you know a lot about the topic and can produce content quickly and easily, or you have access to promotional channels which others may not have). Of course, there is never a niche that is perfect on all these factors.

        2) Second part is costs. Before you select the niche, you should know your methods of 1) producing content (e.g. writing it yourself; how many pages per week or in total you want the create, about what...) 2) marketing (e.g. SEO, social - which social media you'll focus on etc.). Regarding the celebrity topic you are considering, personally I have no experience in that area, but one thing to keep in mind is that this kind of content is always short lived - celebrities come and go and no one is interested in some actress getting naked on some party two years ago (because new incidents like this keep coming). This will be reflected in the costs part of the equation - you will have to keep creating new content, because existing content will quickly become outdated and won't perform for long. Not that it's bad and can't make money (all news sites operate like this), but keep this in mind. Often timeless content has much better revenue/cost relationship in the long run.

        Think about all these things before you register your domain and launch the site. When creating a website like this, the most important work, which has the greatest effect on success/failure is done before the website is started, during the research. Note that the way you'll do research will depend on your planned promotional tactics. If you want to focus on SEO, research keywords and competition in organic search. If you want to focus on some particular social media platform, research what kind of content is popular there and how the people who post it use it to drive traffic to their money sites.

        One last piece is I would try to think beyond AdSense. It's a good source of revenue, but maybe later you may come to a point where you'll want to take your website to the next level, promote affiliate products or even sell your own stuff. Or just find some advertisers on your own, which will make much more money, because with AdSense Google obviously keeps high share of the revenue. It's not a bad idea to focus solely on AdSense now, but you should have a rough plan for possible future expansion and for a possible future exit (you don't want to be writing celebrity articles forever I guess).

        One really last piece is be careful with buying lots of backlinks or black hat methods, especially if you use that for AdSense. I have no experience with black hat methods personally (of course ), but I'm sure you've also seen all those stories here, on BHW and elsewhere, about people getting their accounts banned or suddenly losing all traffic etc. These things won't happen if you treat it as a business and think long term. Google is smart and it's getting smarter every day.

        Good luck.
        Thank you for all the helpful information... you have given me a lot to think about.

        I have heard about the buying backlinks method and... yeah, I was considering maybe doing that. But if Google Adsense hates those kinds of things.. okay, maybe I'll stay away from that. Thanks.

        My biggest problem is that I have a very very very very very very very low tolerance for spending my time on something that disinterests me. I can't create a website about loans. I'm not doing it. I can't do it. I won't. It would be torture for me. I HAVE to be energized and like the content I am producing... and for me porn and movies are two things that always keep me preoccupied.

        I don't really have a budget so I haven't really gotten too involved in Adult niches... I do have one website that is promoting a female sex toy, but that's about it.

        I thought I'd go the movie/celebrity website route first just to see what happens... a little trial and error, a little testing....

        I'm babbling.

        Thanks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10026378].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author atavasci
          This is one of the most complete netted out description of what it takes to make a website more than just a plain, take up space website. I have been studing, researching, etc. to jump on the internet business environment. Right on info here!!!!!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036062].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andrew Wilson
      Originally Posted by Now Is The Time View Post

      I wish there was an adsense community or forum that you can go to where you can agree to go to other people's websites where they also have adsense... and you click on their ads just so long as they agree to go to your website and click on your ads so that everyone is making money. LOL.
      Don't even think about it. You will lose your account quick sharp for engaging in click fraud.
      When you undertake such fraud you are stealing from advertisers.

      Think about adding a section about ethics to your business plan.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10035536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nmwf
      Originally Posted by Now Is The Time View Post

      I wish there was an adsense community or forum that you can go to where you can agree to go to other people's websites where they also have adsense... and you click on their ads just so long as they agree to go to your website and click on your ads so that everyone is making money. LOL.
      Just remember the same when you want to advertise with PPC.
      Signature
      Write comprehensible articles on *any* topic in seconds with First Draft...
      First Draft's: Download | Add-Ons | Templates | Purchase | Support | Affiliates
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
    Your a few years too late if you plan on using Black Hat methods to promote AdSense ads on a Celebrity site you plan on building. First the links will get you put in the google sandbox. Be careful you don't violate any TOS of Google or your AdSense account will be banned with out warning !


    This forum use to have a AdSense section here. In the adding of several other forums here since the ownership changed. The section either disappeared or is merge with another section.


    Build something you are very passionate about and work that method. Eventually you may be able to add other streams of income. AdSense can take along time to build up a solid amount of any revenue. If you do go the celebrity route, make sure it is very high quality top to bottom. Take a look at the competition in that area. If you throw average stuff up, your just wasting your time.


    Final suggestion type AdSense into the search button here and read as many older threads about a year and back. You may find some stuff from a poster here that was doing great with AdSense. I think his user name was Paul Ig or something alone those lines. He would have a pirate avatar with a treasure chest in it. Good luck, worst comes to worst head back to Google and read their AdSense tips.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10025003].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
      Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

      Your a few years too late if you plan on using Black Hat methods to promote AdSense ads on a Celebrity site you plan on building. First the links will get you put in the google sandbox. Be careful you don't violate any TOS of Google or your AdSense account will be banned with out warning !


      This forum use to have a AdSense section here. In the adding of several other forums here since the ownership changed. The section either disappeared or is merge with another section.


      Build something you are very passionate about and work that method. Eventually you may be able to add other streams of income. AdSense can take along time to build up a solid amount of any revenue. If you do go the celebrity route, make sure it is very high quality top to bottom. Take a look at the competition in that area. If you throw average stuff up, your just wasting your time.


      Final suggestion type AdSense into the search button here and read as many older threads about a year and back. You may find some stuff from a poster here that was doing great with AdSense. I think his user name was Paul Ig or something alone those lines. He would have a pirate avatar with a treasure chest in it. Good luck, worst comes to worst head back to Google and read their AdSense tips.

      Thank for all the suggestions. I love movies, heavy metal music, porn, girls.... that's about it. I have no idea how to monetize any of those things, but I thought I'd start with a movie-related wordpress site with some adsense ads. I've gotten some traffic, no clicks yet though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10026370].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author essmeier
      Be careful you don't violate any TOS of Google or your AdSense account will be banned with out warning !

      Or explanation.

      Charlie
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10035932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imza86
    Dont u need to have a website first? Only then u can apply for adsense?
    Signature

    Get portable bathtubs, no installation needed. Click here now

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10025032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I wish there was an adsense community or forum that you can go to where you can agree to go to other people's websites where they also have adsense... and you click on their ads just so long as they agree to go to your website and click on your ads so that everyone is making money. LOL.
      So your first "wish" is to find a way to cheat google? I hope the "LOL" is real because there are people who try that - and when you LOSE your adsense acct you lose it permanently.

      There are many, I am a member of a few. Just use google.
      Really? And you admit that on a public forum? And people wonder why google is so strict about violations...
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10025045].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
        [QUOTE=Kay King;10025045]So your first "wish" is to find a way to cheat google? I hope the "LOL" is real because there are people who try that - and when you LOSE your adsense acct you lose it permanently.



        I was just kidding, lol.

        I also wish Scarlett Johansson was my girlfriend. Never happen.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10026382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
      Originally Posted by imza86 View Post

      Dont u need to have a website first? Only then u can apply for adsense?
      Yes, you're right. I have one website that is promoting a female sex toy. I have another website about a celebrity. I have another website that I created as a test. And a few others.

      The celebrity website is the one with the adsense ads on it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10026379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tuanng
    Create a site about a topic you're passionate about, that people with your same interest would find interesting and naturally share/read your site.

    If your get go goal is to make money off adsense, you will likely fail, or give up half way.
    Signature

    Need 3D ebook covers right NOW? Make your own at myecovermaker.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10025050].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
      Originally Posted by tuanng View Post

      Create a site about a topic you're passionate about, that people with your same interest would find interesting and naturally share/read your site.

      If your get go goal is to make money off adsense, you will likely fail, or give up half way.
      My only real interests are porn.... movies.......girls... porn... movies... heavy metal music..... porn... I also like movies... and also porn... and I also like food, but I don't think I could create a website about food... too boring.... I like eating it, not creating content about it on some wordpress site... not for me.....

      In the long run... I honestly think the only way I will be able to focus long enough to make a living online will be from the Adult niche... if I create a number of websites around adult content.. yes... then... maybe... maybe then I can keep focused.... if I have to write 500 word articles about crap that I ain't interested in day after day, I'm going to have to kill myself...... but if I create websites around porn or something... I'll have a chance.

      Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10026384].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        Rather limited attention span - but I guess if online doesn't work out you can get a job in the adult industry....
        Signature
        Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

        Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10026850].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by Now Is The Time View Post

        My only real interests are porn.... movies.......girls... porn... movies... heavy metal music..... porn... I also like movies... and also porn... and I also like food, but I don't think I could create a website about food... too boring.... I like eating it, not creating content about it on some wordpress site... not for me.....

        In the long run... I honestly think the only way I will be able to focus long enough to make a living online will be from the Adult niche... if I create a number of websites around adult content.. yes... then... maybe... maybe then I can keep focused.... if I have to write 500 word articles about crap that I ain't interested in day after day, I'm going to have to kill myself...... but if I create websites around porn or something... I'll have a chance.

        Thanks.
        Oh great, just what the internet needs is more Porn.

        Also, the Celebrity thing is tough to crack. Real competitive and I know Adense will pay squat for clicks on celebrity sites.

        Best bet is to build up over time and charge for Ad space with them


        - Robert Andrew
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10027007].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author uktrader
        Originally Posted by Now Is The Time View Post

        My biggest problem is that I have a very very very very very very very low tolerance for spending my time on something that disinterests me.
        This can be a problem in internet marketing and in business in general. There are always things you don't enjoy doing which have to get done, especially when you don't have the budget to hire others. However "passive" your business is. But I get your point - better focus on something you enjoy topic-wise, and I agree.

        But be careful - if you start to work in one of your areas of interest, you may end up losing interest, because the hobby becomes work (it's not that much fun to browse pictures of naked girls 6 hours every day, it gets old after some time). Not that it must happen of that there's a high risk of that, but some probability is there. And the opposite can also happen: you start to work in some area you're not interested in and as you learn more about the topic it starts to get interesting (even loans can be fun). Again, it may happen, or it may not.

        Originally Posted by Now Is The Time View Post

        My only real interests are porn.... movies.......girls... porn... movies... heavy metal music..... porn...
        Have you considered the dating niche? There are many possible angles to it and some can overlap a bit with either the celebrity thing and the porn thing, even without creating an outright porn site. You can make solely an adsense site, or promote dating sites or porn sites as affiliate, or eventually create your own products (get your ex back, pick up artist stuff etc.)

        Perhaps a dating advice website for heavy metal fans (I guess there is certain kind of girls they are looking for, and a certain kind of events they frequent, so give them tips how to meet and talk to the girls at these events). Create something that has a meaning and is useful to people, so they have a reason to share it and recommend it. Then you will realize that you don't need to buy links or likes, because they will come naturally (I'm not saying you won't need to do any marketing, but that it will be much easier if you are promoting quality).

        Just some thoughts.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10031035].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
          Originally Posted by uktrader View Post

          This can be a problem in internet marketing and in business in general. There are always things you don't enjoy doing which have to get done, especially when you don't have the budget to hire others. However "passive" your business is. But I get your point - better focus on something you enjoy topic-wise, and I agree.

          But be careful - if you start to work in one of your areas of interest, you may end up losing interest, because the hobby becomes work (it's not that much fun to browse pictures of naked girls 6 hours every day, it gets old after some time). Not that it must happen of that there's a high risk of that, but some probability is there. And the opposite can also happen: you start to work in some area you're not interested in and as you learn more about the topic it starts to get interesting (even loans can be fun). Again, it may happen, or it may not.



          Have you considered the dating niche? There are many possible angles to it and some can overlap a bit with either the celebrity thing and the porn thing, even without creating an outright porn site. You can make solely an adsense site, or promote dating sites or porn sites as affiliate, or eventually create your own products (get your ex back, pick up artist stuff etc.)

          Perhaps a dating advice website for heavy metal fans (I guess there is certain kind of girls they are looking for, and a certain kind of events they frequent, so give them tips how to meet and talk to the girls at these events). Create something that has a meaning and is useful to people, so they have a reason to share it and recommend it. Then you will realize that you don't need to buy links or likes, because they will come naturally (I'm not saying you won't need to do any marketing, but that it will be much easier if you are promoting quality).

          Just some thoughts.
          Wow, you really give excellent advice, sir.

          I actually do have dating websites, lol! I started building some of these sites because of another warrior forum user named DATINGWORLD created a course I bought. Building these sites are quite easy because the dating label I am with takes care of the hosting and alls I have to do is come up with the niche and the domain name.... well, that and then I have to go promote the site.... but yeah I have gotten 2 sign ups for one of my dating sites with little promotion... I have done Bing Advertising for these sites... I don't have patience for the whole SEO thing.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10032934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slade556
    My suggestion would be to create a website in a less competitive niche, if you choose a very popular niche, like 'weight loss' or even 'make money' niches, you won't earn much.
    Either go with the more "difficult" niches, if you want to make real money - insurance, lawyers, ecc. - or choose an easy niche and work your butt off to get tons of traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xembergg
    There is a big information to be covered up mate. You need to find high cpc niche and with less competition. Try reading some courses on how to choose the niche properly before you move further
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10030827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
    Sounds like you got it! Your celebrity idea sounds good. Like you said you can learn and re-write what is trending using keywords and that will help with seo.

    A basic wordpress blog sites works very well. You can get a theme with all the plugins you need or simply stick with the free wordpress verson and using plugins to help with your on page and off page seo.

    Sounds like you have a plan to be using organic search traffic. Just be aware that it can take weeks if not months before you start seeing some decent return for your time.

    Have fun,
    Signature
    Targeted Viewers! All your traffic needs in one spot. Get seen today!
    Click Here Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10031038].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
      Originally Posted by EPoltrack77 View Post

      Sounds like you got it! Your celebrity idea sounds good. Like you said you can learn and re-write what is trending using keywords and that will help with seo.

      A basic wordpress blog sites works very well. You can get a theme with all the plugins you need or simply stick with the free wordpress verson and using plugins to help with your on page and off page seo.

      Sounds like you have a plan to be using organic search traffic. Just be aware that it can take weeks if not months before you start seeing some decent return for your time.

      Have fun,
      Thanks... I am using a model that was created by another warrior forum poster..... taking current events with a lot of searches and low competition and trying to convert some of the organic traffic into clicks for some of my ads.... I am building an arsenal of these sites so I can make a lot of money from the adsense.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10032937].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris Lee
        Originally Posted by Now Is The Time View Post

        I am building an arsenal of these sites so I can make a lot of money from the adsense.
        Arsenal of sites aren't too profitable anymore. It takes a lot longer for sites to start ranking in search engines, it's better to establish a lot of authority with one, and create the same amount of content on one domain. It's a lot faster and easier to manage than trying to grow out multiple of them.

        If you have a lot of niches in mind, choose one or create something broader where you can organize them into categories.

        Good luck.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10035917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Knightsofusa
    Originally Posted by Now Is The Time View Post

    So I just got approved for adsense..... can anyone recommend to me some websites to build? anyone?

    I know how to get domains, get hosting, and set up wordpress....... but what i am not really that well-versed in is the "type" of website I should build in order to get traffic.....

    I was thinking about perhaps building a website about a celebrity or something.... just take articles about celebs from news sites... re-write them and put them on a wordpress site..... I put the adsense code in and bam.... people come to my website, and then my ads start getting clicks....

    Anyway, ideas? I welcome all input... Thank you!
    How did you get approve for adsense when you don't even have your site up and running?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10032793].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author xembergg
      Originally Posted by Knightsofusa View Post

      How did you get approve for adsense when you don't even have your site up and running?
      I think he has some basic website and got adsense approved. Now he is looking for profitable categories. Maybe i am right
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10032859].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
        Originally Posted by xembergg View Post

        I think he has some basic website and got adsense approved. Now he is looking for profitable categories. Maybe i am right
        Yes. You are 100% right.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10032956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Now Is The Time
      Originally Posted by Knightsofusa View Post

      How did you get approve for adsense when you don't even have your site up and running?

      I already had websites when I applied for adsense. My original question was just for y'all to give me suggestions on "types" of websites I could build so as to make more money.

      Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10032939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmacklyn
    This is the first case I have come across, that adsense is getting approved first without a website. Planning to get website at the very later stage of getting the adsense approved? Let me know what is the procedure to get that. Even I have a website but the average daily traffic is like 10-20. I want adsense in that as well.

    Waiting for your reply!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10032866].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kadyjoyce
    Banned
    You can try specialized website on certain niche
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10032933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stackman
    If you want to focus on the adult niche, you'll find millions of competitors out there. Building a new site and actually getting decent traffic in that niche will be the challenge of a lifetime. Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10035512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aeriol
    Originally Posted by Now Is The Time View Post

    So I just got approved for adsense..... can anyone recommend to me some websites to build? anyone?

    I know how to get domains, get hosting, and set up wordpress....... but what i am not really that well-versed in is the "type" of website I should build in order to get traffic.....

    I was thinking about perhaps building a website about a celebrity or something.... just take articles about celebs from news sites... re-write them and put them on a wordpress site..... I put the adsense code in and bam.... people come to my website, and then my ads start getting clicks....

    Anyway, ideas? I welcome all input... Thank you!
    you can either write on a topic you love or you can "curate" information on a topic from other sites. Research the Curation method and use that along with perhaps your own info. Like Huffington Post or Dogginton Post. Build quality on the site first, then start adding in affiliate links, then start thinking about how to pull in more traffic. If you focus on traffic before there is quality on your site they will never come back. You want them to sign up for your news and keep coming back. Quality first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10035760].message }}
  • Find something that you a re really interested in, something that you really enjoy. Either doing or a product or a hobby and then create a website from that.

    If you get caught to much in your head thinking analytically it makes the process much slower and harder

    find your interest and then the content and traffic will come naturally
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PBFDan
    If you wan't to making money quickly, I'd recommend a viral content clickbait site like virlanova or upworthy. Then utilize stumbleupon and reddit to bring in the traffic. I'd say just copy the articles that are most popular (you can check on their facebook pages to see which gets more likes) and this will improve it's chance of success of stumble upon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 03navneetkumar
    Whatever your knowledge, whatever your interest - Just Stuck to that! Select method and budget, you can spend.

    If you want to go for free traffic- Dating Site, Entertainment Site, Interesting Facts, Gaming Videos Type of site will give you good benefit if you know - how to promote

    if you have good skill in writing content and making videos, you may have blog on reviews and on any niche where you can do affiliate marketing with adsense. Best of luck...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author asiogroup
    Dear 'Now Is The Time'

    Quoting you and then adding my suggestion.

    I wish there was an Adsense community or forum that you can go to where you can agree to go to other people's websites where they also have Adsense... and you click on their ads just so long as they agree to go to your website and click on your ads so that everyone is making money. LOL.

    -> No ever think about it, you'll never receive a payment, because BAN.

    Thank for all the suggestions. I love movies, heavy metal music, porn, girls.... that's about it. I have no idea how to monetize any of those things, but I thought I'd start with a movie-related WordPress site with some Adsense ads. I've gotten some traffic, no clicks yet though.


    Google Adsense won't work for Porn. but then there are other Ad Networks that pay 1% of what you will make from Adsense. Meaning you will need tons of traffic to match that level.


    My biggest problem is that I have a very very very very very very very low tolerance for spending my time on something that disinterests me. I can't create a website about loans. I'm not doing it. I can't do it. I won't. It would be torture for me. I HAVE to be energized and like the content I am producing... and for me porn and movies are two things that always keep me preoccupied.


    That's a good thing, focus on something you enjoy doing, even if that is not making you any money. You have to show up in front of your PC every day and create content, so it better be something you enjoy doing.

    Take your other interests, for example, Heavy metal music and stuff. You can create a fan site, promote upcoming talent, find them on Twitter, YouTube, feature them, they will share it on their network, and so on, you get the idea.


    I am using a model that was created by another warrior forum poster..... taking current events with a lot of searches and low competition and trying to convert some of the organic traffic into clicks for some of my ads.... I am building an arsenal of these sites so I can make a lot of money from the Adsense.

    I own web sites in different niches, here is what my experience. I'll talk about the RPM ( revenue per 1000 impressions), that is, how much you can make per 1000 pageviews on your site.

    In Tech Tips niche, you will get over $6-$10 RPM
    In Fashion niche, you will get over $1-$4
    In Entertainment, Celebs niche, Music it is over $0.5-$1
    In Auto / Car / Bikes niche, I've got over $20-$30 RPM.

    Hope this will help you.
    Signature
    TURNING PROFITABLE: A 7-day email course to know how to turn your blog profitable ➜ SIGN UP NOW!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FibeOpBlack
    If your serious about starting an online business in an attempt to make money, and you are really willing to put the time and effort into what needs to be done with no return just to get on the map.

    Then I would consider a different (type) of online business.

    In my opinion, Adsense is not going to make you a full time income unless

    1. You are already well established, and have traffic coming in.
    2. You are an expert seo, who can have a site receiving 1000 unique visitors a week within a couple of weeks.
    3.You work for google lol

    And even if you are one of those people, I cannot see it generating a steady, livable, income you can rely on.

    There are alot of ways to make money online, and IMO, adsense would be the last on that list for me.

    I would rather write a book then build a website just geared towards adsense.

    If your going to put in that much work, why don't you look at better options to make more, upfront cash?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anynewsbd
    How do you get approved without your website ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10036650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author raymagnetic
    I would target all of the high paying niches such as weight loss, make money online, car insurance etc.

    However I would target smaller niches within the larger niches. For instance, I would build a site all about underarm fat, underarm flab, arm flab etc. I would then buy ppc clicks to my website.

    Once I got visitors I would have strategically placed links to interior pages on my site. The interior pages would be targeting the higher paying keywords such as weight loss, diet plan etc.

    With the right tracking set up you should be able to arbitrage your ppc traffic and Adsense clicks.

    Hope that helps!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10038883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shawnmackay
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10039165].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Slade556
      Originally Posted by shawnmackay View Post

      I would advice you a single thing - Screw Adsense! PPC monetization is getting harder for newbies.

      Go for affiliate marketing.
      This is actually not bad advice. Many have noticed how Adsense earnings have dropped over the last few years. Yeah, looking into alternatives for Adsense might not be a bad idea, especially if your website is / will be new.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10043626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author leilapearse
    Banned
    Well you have to some traffic on your website first and then pick a certain niche that you're passionate about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10043389].message }}
  • You're talking about a long, drawn out process to make any real income from Adsense. Unless you plan on building a top-quality authority website, which is still going to take a long time and a lot of work, I wouldn't even go this route. But that's just me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10043892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SaeedKhan
    IMHO i think building adsense sites business model these days is very slow income as it takes time to build content, get it ranked etc. You're also under the control of google, if for example you get bot traffic or fraudulent clicks by you or someone, they could easily shut your adsense account down, i've heard so many stories on this. Therefore I personally adopt the listbuilding business model, its simple, and can generate income much faster.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10044103].message }}

Trending Topics