Are Adword accounts wasted without proper conversion tracking tools?

8 replies
Am I wasting my time using adwords without tracking my conversions? Im pretty happy with my conversion rate, but how can all these details about the conversions help me.
#accounts #adword #conversion #proper #tools #tracking #wasted
  • Profile picture of the author PBScott
    You MUST MUST MUST track conversions. Otherwise you will never be able to increase your ROI. Get the tracking code up and running, it really is not that hard.

    When you have proper tracking up you can take down the keywords that you are wasting money on, and put more money into keywords that convert.
    Signature

    If you don't look at this => Really Funny Shirts <= you missed something in life

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927861].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FutureSiliconCEO
      Originally Posted by PBScott View Post

      You MUST MUST MUST track conversions. Otherwise you will never be able to increase your ROI. Get the tracking code up and running, it really is not that hard.

      When you have proper tracking up you can take down the keywords that you are wasting money on, and put more money into keywords that convert.
      Hi PBScott. Thanks for the advice and the strong words. Advice is definitely better when served with conviction. I'll take your word and follow up for sure.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10930740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AymanGham
    Yes, well you won't know exactly which keyword is converting. So you wont be able to filter the bad and good keyword. Which can break your bank account. The #1 reason people are not profitable in adwords is they dont properly target to get the best ROI.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10928608].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FutureSiliconCEO
      Originally Posted by AymanGham View Post

      Yes, well you won't know exactly which keyword is converting. So you wont be able to filter the bad and good keyword. Which can break your bank account. The #1 reason people are not profitable in adwords is they dont properly target to get the best ROI.
      Hey Aman. Thanks for your advice. Advice alsays seems stronger when it comes with a warning of losing money. I definitely DON'T want to break my bank account. So I'll for sure follow up on your advice. Thanks,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10930745].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by FutureSiliconCEO View Post

    Am I wasting my time using adwords without tracking my conversions? Im pretty happy with my conversion rate, but how can all these details about the conversions help me.
    Yes. Without tracking you are pretty much wasting money (IMO)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929120].message }}
  • yes of course without tracking conversion is like adding money to google empire without knowing what you are doing. conversion tracks your sale and for ppc conversion is needed. if you got 30 coversions from all adwords campaign then you will be elegible to open cpa ads and need to pay only for conversion only.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dvz
    Well from my experience the conversions I see in adwords doesn't always reflect the real picture. I have a system that people register to and in my system I can see that x people registered but in adwords conversion sometimes it shows that y people registered.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10930947].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fraggler
    dvz, you have to take into account the attribution model when tracking conversions; especially if the conversion doesn't happen on the first click. If you have your account linked to Google Analytics then go to Conversions > Attribution > Model Comparison Tool and have a play with the different attribution models.

    I also create a custom audience in Analytics that tracks users who come to the site initially through Adwords. This lets me view the more accurate Adwords data within the different views in Analytics.

    You can also play with the Attribution modelling within Adwords but I find it more useful and accurate within Analytics. It's frustrating you can't change the default model but this is usually why conversion data doesn't add up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935321].message }}

Trending Topics