Are All CPA Offers Crap?

16 replies
I have a hard time promoting any CPA offers lately as all the one's I see lately have some fine print that basically screws the end user with some continuity plan that is buried in fine print or they are hard to cancel once in.

That is why the FTC has started to crack down on these types of offers. So it doesn't matter how you promote them whether PPC, PPV, Bum marketing, etc... if you can't feel good promoting them then why do it?

Have a lot of you stopped promoting CPA offers or are their really good one's out their that I'm not seeing? Or do you just turn a blind eye on what is happening to the end user which doesn't make me feel good either way.

TedK
#cpa #crap #offers
  • Profile picture of the author gwben
    Originally Posted by tjk1058 View Post

    I have a hard time promoting any CPA offers lately as all the one's I see lately have some fine print that basically screws the end user with some continuity plan that is buried in fine print or they are hard to cancel once in.

    That is why the FTC has started to crack down on these types of offers. So it doesn't matter how you promote them whether PPC, PPV, Bum marketing, etc... if you can't feel good promoting them then why do it?

    Have a lot of you stopped promoting CPA offers or are their really good one's out their that I'm not seeing? Or do you just turn a blind eye on what is happening to the end user which doesn't make me feel good either way.

    TedK
    This really depends on the CPA itself, there are some industries that are great for CPA and some that aren't. I personally see people making a killing doing CPA for gambling. I personally run a couple of different sites and I use different sources to monitize:

    PPC Adverts like adsense
    CPA/RS/CPS type deals
    and then banner/link exchanging with relevant sites

    I think you should just check out different CPA's, They still can make a bunch of money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1194920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Imran Naseem
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1194941].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ben565
      Originally Posted by Imran Naseem View Post

      Depends what niche you are going for.

      Not all CPA offers are bad...I have promoted Google Kits with great results..

      and weight loss offers..

      I would target those offers that help to solve a problem...i.e. money, weight loss, finance...
      You say that not all cpa offers are bad, the google kits were one of the biggest scam offers out there and got many peoples adwords accounts banned for promoting them so how can you say that they are not bad.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1196971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jhf14
    you're right though, the fine print can seem a little shady. For instance, I once promoted the google kit CPA ... which is pretty much a free trial for the kit for only $1.95 shipping and handling or something like that...

    then, out of no where, they will charge a monthly fee to the person who got the kit... i got complaints about how it was hard to cancel the service... so i ultimately stopped promotion.

    That said, CPAs can work well, and if you are upfront with the charges and what not, then you may feel better about promoting them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1194952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author he_august
    I'm agree with Imran :>
    Not all CPA are bad, it depends on the niche you runs..
    Usually it work best for tips niche. As for me, it works on weight loss, relationship, and health :>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1194973].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author he_august
    I'm agree with Imran :>
    Not all CPA are bad, it depends on the niche you runs..
    Usually it work best for tips niche. As for me, it works on weight loss, relationship, and health :>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1194993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DrewG
    It comes down to ethics. If you feel that the visitor should be responsible for reading the fine print, then promote away. If you feel it's scammy and you'll lose sleep over it, then don't do it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1195012].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pikachu
    Personally I think you should just do whatever you feel comfortable with. That's what I've learned from "experts" and it has worked well for me. Personally I'm very OK with dating websites. I promote these successfully because I feel fine, if not good about it. I also am OK with promoting email submits. I have heard of success in getting the product, further more I don't think it is all that harmful to the user.

    As long as you do what you're OK with, you'll feel good and be successful

    (Didn't mean to get all wooo wooo on you, just saying what works for me )
    Signature
    AffiliIt - Before joining I knew nothing about Affiliate Marketing. Now it's my Full time Job.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1195022].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tjk1058
      Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

      Personally I think you should just do whatever you feel comfortable with. That's what I've learned from "experts" and it has worked well for me. Personally I'm very OK with dating websites. I promote these successfully because I feel fine, if not good about it. I also am OK with promoting email submits. I have heard of success in getting the product, further more I don't think it is all that harmful to the user.

      As long as you do what you're OK with, you'll feel good and be successful

      (Didn't mean to get all wooo wooo on you, just saying what works for me )
      Yeah... I think dating CPA offers are OK as most of those seemed up front on what you are getting. What irks me have been most of the one's that have come out recently with all the fine print on the continuity part of them that get people mad and then they can barely cancel after the fact.

      Gives the whole industry a bad name and that is why the FTC is looking hard at these offers.

      Like the Google kit... why couldn't they offer some kind of ebook for free (only the shipping) that really pre-sold the idea to get the upsell instead of hiding the monthly billing that they got banged for.

      TedK
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1195487].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yuds
    I have pretty much written off CPA because just about every offer out there is a pure scam.

    I completely disagree with anyone who says that weight loss offers in particular help people.

    Every single offer connected to health and weight loss is some kind of overpriced, worthless pill that will do nothing for the user. And they are almost guaranteed to go through a nightmare trying to cancel that continuity bill that's dinged from their credit card every month.

    If you feel comfortable putting people in a situation where they take a useless supplement, lose hundreds of dollars and go through a nightmare canceling their credit card, then sure, promote weight loss offers.

    As for me, I couldn't sleep well at night if I did it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1195556].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayInOrlando
    Yuds, your wrong. There ARE company's that offer products that work, don't rebill at high amounts and treat there customers fairly. Of course, those company's can't do the high payouts, that everyone is looking for, but at least the payouts you do get, are real and legit.

    Jay
    Signature
    $600 a day? Easy! - Super Affiliates Contact ME for to get in on this private health supplement offer.
    !!! ONLY FOR THOSE WHO PUSH VOLUME !!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1195649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stefanjames
    I understand where you are coming from Jay. I promote a ton of cpa offers. I usually stick to the ones at the moment that are free to the user. I can earn anywhere from $2-$5 per email or survey completed. That may not seem a lot but I can earn $1000-$2500 a week promoting these types of offers. You just have to do your research on ones that you would like to promote and feel good about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1195761].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
    Its only a matter of time before you see "Ethical" offers doing really well. Advertisers that really add value and are clear and up front about their offers and packages wil be the ones to stay.

    For now- Well, lets just say things are little haywire. So I stick to promoting PPL offers instead of PPS.

    -Lakshay
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1195788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Faraday
    Feel good marketing : )

    CPA is lead generation feeding leads to a hungry machine designed to churn dollars (monetize) them - for better or worse. Thats how it pays.

    It will be exciting to see the emergence of ethical CPA networks focused on specific niches - who get it right and provide real value and ultimately change lives.
    Marketing is a combination of survival, greed, manipulation, along with genuine caring, and even selfless righteous offers (at times). There is heart when dealing with individuals - lost quickly though when dealing with large organizations.

    Again focus on Niches as CPA's will eventually get slapped and do the same

    Check this thread if link works:
    file:///Users/christoph/Desktop/CPA%20Programs/PPC%20TO%20CPA%20WSO%20own%20the%20market.webarchi ve
    Signature

    Super-Conscious Affiliate

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1195916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mithu
    All CPA offers naturally cannot be crap! How can you say that such a large industry is just crap. There is definitely a good amount of substance in CPA offers and individuals must be having success with CPA offers (this is evedient from the fact that a large number of people are investing thousands of dollars to promote CPA offers month after month). Search the faults you are commiting and rectify them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1196956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ben565
      Originally Posted by mithu View Post

      All CPA offers naturally cannot be crap! How can you say that such a large industry is just crap. There is definitely a good amount of substance in CPA offers and individuals must be having success with CPA offers (this is evedient from the fact that a large number of people are investing thousands of dollars to promote CPA offers month after month). Search the faults you are commiting and rectify them.
      Well you obviously have not promoted too many cpa offers because most of the offers that affiliates make money with are the free trial offers,gov grants,google money kits,resveratrol,**** berry all of these offers have scammed people in one way or another.

      Originally Posted by mithu View Post

      There is definitely a good amount of substance in CPA offers and individuals must be having success with CPA offers (this is evedient from the fact that a large number of people are investing thousands of dollars to promote CPA offers month after month).
      Just because people are having success with these offers does not mean that they are legit offers,they are having success with these offers because the affiliates were promoting them in an unethical way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1196983].message }}

Trending Topics