I thought it might be helpful to post what I've done and am doing (I'm happy to provide my feedback, and get other experienced folks to chime in to help out the community). There will be a lot that I go over and test during this campaign, and in the end I might not be successful, but the key thing is I'm DOING something, taking action, have a plan and will be happy to share.
Here's what I've done:
1. Created a new campaign in one of my non-primary Adwords accounts (in case it gets banned, I don't want other campaigns effected). This campaign is set to only content network, max bids of $0.20, US traffic only as that's what the CPA offer allows (and they allow PPC traffic too)
2. I picked a Zip submit offer that has a decent EPC on the network, and has a wide appeal to target multiple keyword group
3. I picked out about 20 brands in the niche I'm going after, and then used SpeedPPC to create tons of targeted keywords/adgroups. I put in my expansion keywords such as "buy, get, discount, free" etc. Then I used Google Adwords Editor to upload all my ads/keywords/adgroups/etc
4. For this initial test, I created one graphic ad per adsize allowed by Google. Depending on how it goes, I'll create a second image ad group.
5. I'm using a newer domain for my landing page. Normally I'd put in all the extra work to ensure I have good relevant content so I get a good Quality Score, but in this case I'm testing to see if that's necessary for Content Network traffic. I literary have a one page home page, and a dynamic landing page that I built. The keyword is populated once on the LP's headline, in the ALT tag for images, in the TITLE tag, and once in the LP's content. I picked some graphics from the CPA offer page and put those on my LP so the visitor is familiar.
I submitted my Ads on Friday, and they were approved today (that's the quickest turn around I've seen for display ads, it's usually been a week for me). I'll update on this thread as I get some data.
Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, and again if any experts want to add in some tips, that would be great!
* If you find this post helpful, please hit the THANKS button