by Ape23
73 replies
I just started with CPA about a week ago and have finally started seeing some good results. Starting out, I was averaging about $8 a day. Not bad for a start but I knew I could be making so much more. The great thing too is that it really wasn't very difficult to reach that $80 day.

Here is what I did:
I went onto Google Trends and looked to see what was hot at the moment. Once I found a good topic I jumped on it. I threw a post up on one of my websites, wrote one article, submitted blog post to digg, and submitted an answer to Yahoo Answers. Yes it was that easy! I instantly started seeing the traffic roll in since both my digg post and Yahoo Answers post got ranked on the first page very quickly. I used CPALead to generate a gateway for my content which is how I made my money.

The whole process took me no longer than an hour. Going in I wasn't even sure if it would work. Although I am happy for my success, I think the greatest lesson this has taught me is just to take action! I realized I need to stop over analyzing every single niche decision and whether or not it will work and just try it out myself.
#$80 #day
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff S
    Congrats! Sounds like you have a winning and repeatable method. Keep up the good work and start thinking how you can scale from $8 to $80 to $800 a day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500554].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Patricia1
      Congratulations, isn't great to be able to scale up like that. Keep up the good work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1506415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kimmer551
    I was wondering how do you put the code up, in my example its a blog. I do know where to put the code on the blog, so if you can help, it would be grateful, thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500557].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ape23
      Originally Posted by kimmer551 View Post

      I was wondering how do you put the code up, in my example its a blog. I do know where to put the code on the blog, so if you can help, it would be grateful, thanks.
      I've been using the CPALead plugin. You can choose which page or post to put the gateway on. Not sure how many people use it but it seems to be working fine for me. Here's the link: WordPress › CPALead WordPress Plugin WordPress Plugins
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500565].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Success With Dany
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Ape23 View Post

        I've been using the CPALead plugin. You can choose which page or post to put the gateway on. Not sure how many people use it but it seems to be working fine for me. Here's the link: WordPress › CPALead WordPress Plugin WordPress Plugins
        I tried the G-trend, capitalizing on Tiger Woods' randy texting, threw up a blogger, wrote an article, posted on Articlebase, social bm'ed article and blog put an email submit related to his numerous girlfriends (I think so) and made...

        ZERO leads ie no money at all.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500594].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ape23
          Originally Posted by Success With Dany View Post

          I tried the G-trend, capitalizing on Tiger Woods' randy texting, threw up a blogger, wrote an article, posted on Articlebase, social bm'ed article and blog put an email submit related to his numerous girlfriends (I think so) and made...

          ZERO leads ie no money at all.
          Did any of your content ever reach the first page for Google Trend keyword? That's what was key for me. I also did a little extra work after the initial digg, yahoo answers, article thing. I went ahead and looked on myspace and facebook groups and posted on there which got me slightly more traffic.

          It may also have something to do with the topic I chose. Mine was the UFC 107 fight with BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500647].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Success With Dany
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Ape23 View Post

            Did any of your content ever reach the first page for Google Trend keyword? That's what was key for me. I also did a little extra work after the initial digg, yahoo answers, article thing. I went ahead and looked on myspace and facebook groups and posted on there which got me slightly more traffic.

            It may also have something to do with the topic I chose. Mine was the UFC 107 fight with BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez.
            Oops, might be the problem.

            So you got number one ranking for "UFC 107 fight with BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez" word for word, is that it?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500662].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Ape23
              Originally Posted by Success With Dany View Post

              Oops, might be the problem.

              So you got number one ranking for "UFC 107 fight with BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez" word for word, is that it?
              Actually my keyword was "penn sanchez fight video." I just choose the exact keyword that was on the top searches at the moment and chose that.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500673].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Success With Dany
                Banned
                Originally Posted by Ape23 View Post

                Actually my keyword was "penn sanchez fight video." I just choose the exact keyword that was on the top searches at the moment and chose that.
                Did you factor keyword competition for "penn sanchez fight video"?

                For example, I use Micro Niche Finder and right now top kw is "jennifer hudson" with 200 K local searches and 12 million exact phrases.

                Too much? Or should one go with the usual <10 000 exact phrases search?

                How can one monetize that trend?
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500693].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Ape23
                  Originally Posted by Success With Dany View Post

                  Did you factor keyword competition for "penn sanchez fight video"?

                  For example, I use Micro Niche Finder and right now top kw is "jennifer hudson" with 200 K local searches and 12 million exact phrases.

                  Too much? Or should one go with the usual <10 000 exact phrases search?

                  How can one monetize that trend?
                  I did zero keyword research beyond going on Google trends and finding what was hot at the moment. Looking back on it I probably could have done a little more SEO and keyword research to make it a little more profitable in the long run. Using Google trends though it's more of a one shot thing.

                  It really all depends on how many competing pages there are when you search that keyword.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500735].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Big JP
                  Originally Posted by Success With Dany View Post

                  Did you factor keyword competition for "penn sanchez fight video"?

                  For example, I use Micro Niche Finder and right now top kw is "jennifer hudson" with 200 K local searches and 12 million exact phrases.

                  Too much? Or should one go with the usual <10 000 exact phrases search?

                  How can one monetize that trend?
                  You should go with the strength of competition, not the number of exact pages !

                  A keyword could have 20 exact match pages, but what if they are all High PR, With solid links and optimisation? you would be better off going for something with 100,000 exact match pages, with the top results being weak competition, you should analyze the top results AT LEAST.

                  This can be done pretty quickly using SEOquake, and type the keyword/phrase into google, have a quick look at all the SEOquake parameters for the top 10 results.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500739].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Success With Dany
                    Banned
                    Originally Posted by Big JP View Post

                    You should go with the strength of competition, not the number of exact pages !

                    A keyword could have 20 exact match pages, but what if they are all High PR, With solid links and optimisation? you would be better off going for something with 100,000 exact match pages, with the top results being weak competition, you should analyze the top results AT LEAST.

                    This can be done pretty quickly using SEOquake, and type the keyword/phrase into google, have a quick look at all the SEOquake parameters for the top 10 results.
                    So as long as the keyword's SOC is green between 1-50, any keyword is rankable on Google 1st page no matter the competitive numbers?

                    Or are there "magic" SOC green numbers that one should look for?
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500772].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Big JP
                      Originally Posted by Success With Dany View Post

                      So as long as the keyword's SOC is green between 1-50, any keyword is rankable on Google 1st page no matter the competitive numbers?
                      Yes and No.

                      The number of exact match pages tells you just that, (how many exact match pages there are) now this can be used to give you a rough idea of how popular, or common the phrases is, and to see how many others have got some content related to the keyword/phrase.

                      But it doesn't tell you how tough the competition is, so that is why you need to analyze the other parameters, or you will just be walking blind-folded, and may be wasting your time.

                      I do have/use MNF, but don't rely on the SOC numbers it gives, I like to look and analyze myself, and make my own decision, but you can use it along with the exact phrase page count, just to give you an idea.

                      Basically, the more you analyze, the more information you can get, and it will help you make a better decision on whether it is worth your time.

                      Personally, I don't have any "set in stone" rules by which I stick to when choosing a keyword/phrase to target, I take each one as it comes, and make a decision based on what I see, once you do it so many times, you just get used to judging what is good or not.

                      Hope that helps

                      JP
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500821].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Cash37
          Originally Posted by Success With Dany View Post

          I tried the G-trend, capitalizing on Tiger Woods' randy texting, threw up a blogger, wrote an article, posted on Articlebase, social bm'ed article and blog put an email submit related to his numerous girlfriends (I think so) and made...

          ZERO leads ie no money at all.
          This is the problem following forum methods. 9/10 times the poster leaves some key detail out and you end up with $0
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1508379].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author socomplete
          Originally Posted by Success With Dany View Post

          I tried the G-trend, capitalizing on Tiger Woods' randy texting, threw up a blogger, wrote an article, posted on Articlebase, social bm'ed article and blog put an email submit related to his numerous girlfriends (I think so) and made...

          ZERO leads ie no money at all.
          Its ok just go on to the next trend and keep going. Using google trends I've made 4 sales in 3 days. You really have to stay on product related trends and hot shopping items when it comes to trends.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1539975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Big JP
    Nice one! Sounds great.

    What exactly does this CPA Plugin do?

    I haven't come across this before???

    JP
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BluRoze
    Originally Posted by Ape23 View Post

    I realized I need to stop over analyzing every single niche decision and whether or not it will work and just try it out myself.
    Wow! Congratulations! That's a great success story. I always over analyze my every move. I should take your advice.

    Thank you for sharing! Much success to you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Also with Tiger Woods, if the trend is "Tiger Woods girlfriends" do you realize that this will be incredibly hard to rank for, as it's big news and all the news sites will be dominating these kinds of phrases? With the Google trends method, it's not always going to work to go after terms that are highly searched. But a lot of the trends will be something that will not necessarily be on a bunch of high PR news sites, of you have to use a little common sense there. Also, you should be trying tons of those phrases and just go ahead and do the hard work and some of them will make you money and some will not.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500911].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ape23
      Originally Posted by redicelander View Post

      Also with Tiger Woods, if the trend is "Tiger Woods girlfriends" do you realize that this will be incredibly hard to rank for, as it's big news and all the news sites will be dominating these kinds of phrases? With the Google trends method, it's not always going to work to go after terms that are highly searched. But a lot of the trends will be something that will not necessarily be on a bunch of high PR news sites, of you have to use a little common sense there. Also, you should be trying tons of those phrases and just go ahead and do the hard work and some of them will make you money and some will not.
      Yea it involves a bit of trial and error. You have to jump on the trends as early as possible to get your good Google rankings.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1500920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lazavas
    cpa lead leads u on a chase to fill out the offers, so ur saying that u made money by people actually paying for the offers in the site?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1501022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Helmbrecht
    Originally Posted by Ape23 View Post


    Here is what I did:
    I went onto Google Trends and looked to see what was hot at the moment. Once I found a good topic I jumped on it. I threw a post up on one of my websites, wrote one article, submitted blog post to digg, and submitted an answer to Yahoo Answers. Yes it was that easy! I instantly started seeing the traffic roll in since both my digg post and Yahoo Answers post got ranked on the first page very quickly. I used CPALead to generate a gateway for my content which is how I made my money.

    Hi,

    Could you explain what digg post and yahoo answers are?

    Melody
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1502704].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Arseniy
    yahoo answers are just questions that people ask online and others who are online answer them... go to yahoo.com and click on answers and there you will find yahoo answers, there should be a whole bunch of questions but you have to have a yahoo account to answer or ask any questions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1502797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EmmaA
    How much content did you provide once they filled in your offer? Was it just one blog post?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1503920].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hyaku_Man
      What kind of offers are they? Email and zip submits?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1503931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nerodea
    congratulations. Your first nice money day is always realy exciting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1503924].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author roachman313
    Congratulations. I haven't made more than $3 in a day yet but I am looking forward to the bigger paydays.
    Signature
    Discover the Secrets to Building a Massive Following on Twitter
    Click Here for Details!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1504215].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ape23
      Originally Posted by EmmaA View Post

      How much content did you provide once they filled in your offer? Was it just one blog post?
      I posted a link to see the full fight online. It was a simple image link and about one sentence of text underneath. Really not a whole lot at all.

      Originally Posted by nerodea View Post

      congratulations. Your first nice money day is always realy exciting.
      Thanks! Yea it is. Now I just have to do this consistently and scale things up a bit.

      Originally Posted by Hyaku_Man View Post

      What kind of offers are they? Email and zip submits?
      The offers from CPALead are mostly surveys that people complete. Have yet to come across a single page email/zip submit type offer yet. They also have "mobile" offers which users put their phone numbers into but they cost the user about $9.99 a month I believe.

      Originally Posted by roachman313 View Post

      Congratulations. I haven't made more than $3 in a day yet but I am looking forward to the bigger paydays.
      Just keep working at it and don't get discouraged.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1505104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nobita_m
    Congratulations. And encouraged.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1504967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dreamer111
    congrats on your good start with good earning. I would like to know more about CPA., Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1506826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author valdivz
    MaxBounty also has incentive type offers that are not always survey related.
    Signature
    Cut The Crap & Give Me The Goods...!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1506881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XRevJosh
    nice man, you can really bring in some cash with gateways, and google trends is a really good way to find that spark of traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1507951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayPeete
    $80 in a day with CPA, not too shabby... Congrats!
    Signature
    What Misunderstood Traffic Source SUCKS In
    3 Million Visitors Daily and Spits Out
    $560.81 Per Day In Commissions?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1508083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dirtmaster
    Congrats mate! just need to rinse and repeat now! and try to aim for higher and higher targets each time. you'll get there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1508306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author areevez
    very good money per day, just make sure to keep looking for ways to make it worth more a day with less work!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1508380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AvidAZ
    Awesome. Now make it stick and aim for the next level.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1508481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alamest
    Great that you have started making money $8 a day and you will start making money with $80,

    Can you tell me that how long it take you to reach that level of understand, I am asking this question because many people ask me this question and I want some advice from WF member what I will say that people who does not believe..

    You are great for new people who just started..

    Thanks
    Alam
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1508613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ape23
      Originally Posted by alamest View Post

      Great that you have started making money $8 a day and you will start making money with $80,

      Can you tell me that how long it take you to reach that level of understand, I am asking this question because many people ask me this question and I want some advice from WF member what I will say that people who does not believe..

      You are great for new people who just started..

      Thanks
      Alam

      I got started with all of this about 4 months ago so it really has been very long at all. It may take longer for some to make any decent income but it's all about trial and error. You will have many flops before you ever have any success. The key is not to give up and have clear goals set for yourself. People say it all the time but I'm going to say it again; take action.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1508978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author missmojo
    Congratulations! I know the feeling. Now you're going to have $800 and $8,000 days! Keep up the good work and don't forget to come celebrate with us...

    "Everyone who got where he is has had to begin where he was."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
    Signature
    FREE class "Make 4 Figures An Hour Doing What You Love!"

    Go now ==> http://magneticmojo.com/4figureteleclass


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1509000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketeers
    Congratulations champ. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your first $100 day

    Sean. T
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1510295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fox30
    That is awesome! Congrats on your success. Actually DOING is the most important thing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1516077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affiliate2010
    Sounds great! My congratulations!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1521435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cpaofferalert.com
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1521794].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jer Inverno
      Congrats bro! u gimme some motivation here, just getting started.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1521892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeremyc
    now you Have got a income you should expand it some more and outsource is needed try for $150 a day now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1521985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author preatorian
    Wow congratz you already have reached $80. Me i just still $20 til now, how sad.
    Signature
    Boxing News Update | Upcoming Movies | Newbie Blogger
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1538264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kuterdan
    congrats on your success and thanks for the informative post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1538322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RebeccaL
    You make it sound easy enough
    And it can be.. if you let it.

    Congrats.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1539830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stackman
    Great going and congratulations. Keep adjusting your site and trying new ideas and you'll be at $800 in no time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1540026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mimshach09
    Congratz you can do better, all you need do is step up what you are doing right now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1540730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warrice7
    Check out Imran's posts for some great CPA ideas. Great work. I can't wait for my first $80 day.
    Signature
    Attn. Internet Marketers - Get all the information you need to make money online at www.warinternetmarketing.info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1556253].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jawshh
    Congrats and thanks for sharing
    Signature

    Get a Website Loaded With Unique Content Every Month For Free. Check it out NOW!!!

    Advanced Internet Marketing Tactics

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1556277].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brootal
      congrats on your success!

      I have a total newbie question, but how long does a result like this typically last?

      Would you expect to make money from this exact phrase for months to come, or does it die off quite quickly?

      Thank you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1557531].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ape23
        Originally Posted by Brootal View Post

        congrats on your success!

        I have a total newbie question, but how long does a result like this typically last?

        Would you expect to make money from this exact phrase for months to come, or does it die off quite quickly?

        Thank you!
        It died off very quickly for me but this is not to say that it can't last for awhile. The strategy I used is good for maybe a day or two but the trends tend to die fast and your pages end up getting buried by other pages.

        This is a good technique if you want to a decent amount of money fast but unless you want to be doing this everyday, it's not very good for long term income. All of my traffic came from Yahoo Answers primarily but if I had done a little SEO work on the page where the CPALead gateway was at, there's no reason why I wouldn't still be generating a tiny bit of income still.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1557862].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cmo140
          What are you making these days and how many $80 days did you have?

          Originally Posted by Ape23 View Post

          It died off very quickly for me but this is not to say that it can't last for awhile. The strategy I used is good for maybe a day or two but the trends tend to die fast and your pages end up getting buried by other pages.

          This is a good technique if you want to a decent amount of money fast but unless you want to be doing this everyday, it's not very good for long term income. All of my traffic came from Yahoo Answers primarily but if I had done a little SEO work on the page where the CPALead gateway was at, there's no reason why I wouldn't still be generating a tiny bit of income still.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1558135].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ape23
            Originally Posted by cmo140 View Post

            What are you making these days and how many $80 days did you have?
            I've only had one $80 day and recently I've been making anywhere from $10 to $20 a day with really no work at all. I'm working on a couple of other sites that I think will bring me really good results so I will update more when I have those up and running.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1559563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sshirdi
    Great man. I have also tried this method before 3 months and i received 80-100 targeted visits daily only from Yahoo answers and the conversion was very good. I earned up to $10 daily with Adsense but after some times Yahoo answer denied me and I had not time to concentrate on this methods. For noobs, it will still the backbone to earn your first money online with CPA and Adsense.
    Cheers...!
    Signature

    My best affiliate programs
    My best converting Clickbank Product - Adsense Websites
    FREE WEB 2.0 Blog At Ningler.com Ideal For Link Wheel.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1558645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fasmail
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1558705].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adamonation92
      congrats! i never knew about google trends, i think i'll go and check that out haha.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1559495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MFirdaus
    wow ape,

    U just give me an inspiration.
    Thanks for lesson.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1559684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KennardB
    Originally Posted by Ape23 View Post

    I just started with CPA about a week ago and have finally started seeing some good results. Starting out, I was averaging about $8 a day. Not bad for a start but I knew I could be making so much more. The great thing too is that it really wasn't very difficult to reach that $80 day.

    Here is what I did:
    I went onto Google Trends and looked to see what was hot at the moment. Once I found a good topic I jumped on it. I threw a post up on one of my websites, wrote one article, submitted blog post to digg, and submitted an answer to Yahoo Answers. Yes it was that easy! I instantly started seeing the traffic roll in since both my digg post and Yahoo Answers post got ranked on the first page very quickly. I used CPALead to generate a gateway for my content which is how I made my money.

    The whole process took me no longer than an hour. Going in I wasn't even sure if it would work. Although I am happy for my success, I think the greatest lesson this has taught me is just to take action! I realized I need to stop over analyzing every single niche decision and whether or not it will work and just try it out myself.


    Awesome job...Where can I find more information about this CPA... Never really heard of it before!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1563751].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ape23
      Originally Posted by KennardB View Post

      Awesome job...Where can I find more information about this CPA... Never really heard of it before!
      There is a ton of information about CPA that can be found on the forum. Just search around or you could even check out some of the WSO's that are for sale.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1568889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author President
    Congrats! and thanks a lot for your share.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1569011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webtrends
    Nice Ape. Actually I'm also posting for G Trends but still I don't get traffic. I think I have to post on Social bookmarks and Yahoo Answers. Thanks a lot for the tip.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1581590].message }}

Trending Topics