Guys making 6 figures a month in CPA...?

32 replies
We do email submits and make pretty decent money.. easy to rack in 10k+ a month.
I don't really handle much of the marketing side of it though, so I don't know too much about it.

But what I want to know is --How are these people pulling in these HUGE checks on networks and where is their traffic coming from? what offers? etc...

I hear about these guys going to these affiliate conventions with Lambos and hookers in Vegas! :0

Cheers...
#cpa #figures #guys #making #month
  • Profile picture of the author Emily Meeks
    I'd say PPC if you guys do any sort of higher-ticket items (eToro pays $105/sale, though I imagine competition's through the roof), but for email submits... maybe media buys?
    Signature

    In all that you do, know your True INTENT...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1717388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hhguy10
    They guys who are tearing it are not going to tell. Although with a lot of work and a lot of searching you could probably find the answer.
    Signature

    The more you focus on what you want, the more you'll get what you want.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1717527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ShaneRQR
    Yeah, the real heavy-hitters are hardly going to come by and reveal their strategies.

    However, I think it's probably all down to very extensive testing and continuous up-scaling. The amount of traffic you can get with PPC and CPV is mind-blowing. If you have a killer offer and a killer page that converts like crazy, there's no end to the amount of targeted traffic you can throw at it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1717686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author essmeier
    Does anyone fill out e-mail submits? I can throw all the traffic in the world at them and they never convert.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1718172].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dschoen
      I know it's frustrating as hell to here these stories, but these guys/gals aren't doing it alone. The ones that are making 6 figures a month plus have staff, and most of their staff really know what's going on, on the internets, very tech savvy. Their main tasks are testing, testing and more testing, everything is monitored closely and often, maybe hourly.

      I have seen campaigns take off by just changing a word in the ad, or the color of the submit button. Keyword research is a biggy also, there are some fantastic tools out there, but you have to have the bucks and find tons of keywords, maybe thousands, then find out which ones are converting and which are not, this takes hours and hours to do. And the ones that don't get any clicks don't cost anything. And you have to think outside the box, ie. got a credit card offer? debt relief? Do you think these people will also be looking for coupons, free services, etc

      But this all takes eyeballs, man/women hours, and time, Gauher Chaudry says your enemies are time and money, so watch every minute and every penny, and keep on doing and learning.

      But don't feel like you can hit a switch and make millions, if that's what you're looking for stay where you're at. Because, if that's what you're shooting for, it turns into another pain in the ass job.

      Don't get me wrong, none of these guys started there, they tried everything, and lost their share of loot, before everything gelled. Plus when you reach a certain level in this business the networks give you favors the others don't have till they turn in some numbers

      You need to put the money back into your business, you can get into media buys fairly cheaply. You can go to Quantcast.com, open an account to use more features (it' free).
      Enter a search term, it will give you a drop down box of url's to search. And right on the top right it says "Accepts Ads" or "No Ads", how cool is that? Click on the Accept Ads and some will have the ad size they are looking for and more demo graphics, visiters etc. Get on the site and shoot them an email or ask in their contact us form. What can they do? Kill ya? Highly unlikely, but they will probably give you a better deal then Google. Put in pizza it will give you some url's to check, now you may be saying who the hell would have a pizza offer, but do you think, people looking for pizza, would be game playing teen, busy moms, broke moms, batchelors, quantcast also has demographics.

      Another thing is lists, most capture emails and keep on marketing, how can you do this all alone? You probably can't thusly you need staff, not fun.

      Well, I hope this helps a little.

      Cheers,
      Signature

      Darwin Schoenwald
      Albuquerque, NM
      "I hope to someday be the
      person my dog thinks I am"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1718511].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BigWealthTeam
        Wow, great points!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1720002].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cash37
        Originally Posted by dschoen View Post

        I know it's frustrating as hell to here these stories, but these guys/gals aren't doing it alone. The ones that are making 6 figures a month plus have staff, and most of their staff really know what's going on, on the internets, very tech savvy. Their main tasks are testing, testing and more testing, everything is monitored closely and often, maybe hourly.

        I have seen campaigns take off by just changing a word in the ad, or the color of the submit button. Keyword research is a biggy also, there are some fantastic tools out there, but you have to have the bucks and find tons of keywords, maybe thousands, then find out which ones are converting and which are not, this takes hours and hours to do. And the ones that don't get any clicks don't cost anything. And you have to think outside the box, ie. got a credit card offer? debt relief? Do you think these people will also be looking for coupons, free services, etc

        But this all takes eyeballs, man/women hours, and time, Gauher Chaudry says your enemies are time and money, so watch every minute and every penny, and keep on doing and learning.

        But don't feel like you can hit a switch and make millions, if that's what you're looking for stay where you're at. Because, if that's what you're shooting for, it turns into another pain in the ass job.

        Don't get me wrong, none of these guys started there, they tried everything, and lost their share of loot, before everything gelled. Plus when you reach a certain level in this business the networks give you favors the others don't have till they turn in some numbers

        You need to put the money back into your business, you can get into media buys fairly cheaply. You can go to Quantcast.com, open an account to use more features (it' free).
        Enter a search term, it will give you a drop down box of url's to search. And right on the top right it says "Accepts Ads" or "No Ads", how cool is that? Click on the Accept Ads and some will have the ad size they are looking for and more demo graphics, visiters etc. Get on the site and shoot them an email or ask in their contact us form. What can they do? Kill ya? Highly unlikely, but they will probably give you a better deal then Google. Put in pizza it will give you some url's to check, now you may be saying who the hell would have a pizza offer, but do you think, people looking for pizza, would be game playing teen, busy moms, broke moms, batchelors, quantcast also has demographics.

        Another thing is lists, most capture emails and keep on marketing, how can you do this all alone? You probably can't thusly you need staff, not fun.

        Well, I hope this helps a little.

        Cheers,
        Quality post... dont forget in house programmers... I cant wait to put my team together, once I can afford american salaries.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1720460].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Pacman131
          Lot of it's black hat techniques. I'm surprised CPA lead is still around after seeing what kind of sites house their script.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1721701].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Flaura78
        Originally Posted by dschoen View Post

        I know it's frustrating as hell to here these stories, but these guys/gals aren't doing it alone. The ones that are making 6 figures a month plus have staff, and most of their staff really know what's going on, on the internets, very tech savvy. Their main tasks are testing, testing and more testing, everything is monitored closely and often, maybe hourly.

        I have seen campaigns take off by just changing a word in the ad, or the color of the submit button. Keyword research is a biggy also, there are some fantastic tools out there, but you have to have the bucks and find tons of keywords, maybe thousands, then find out which ones are converting and which are not, this takes hours and hours to do. And the ones that don't get any clicks don't cost anything. And you have to think outside the box, ie. got a credit card offer? debt relief? Do you think these people will also be looking for coupons, free services, etc

        But this all takes eyeballs, man/women hours, and time, Gauher Chaudry says your enemies are time and money, so watch every minute and every penny, and keep on doing and learning.

        But don't feel like you can hit a switch and make millions, if that's what you're looking for stay where you're at. Because, if that's what you're shooting for, it turns into another pain in the ass job.

        Don't get me wrong, none of these guys started there, they tried everything, and lost their share of loot, before everything gelled. Plus when you reach a certain level in this business the networks give you favors the others don't have till they turn in some numbers

        You need to put the money back into your business, you can get into media buys fairly cheaply. You can go to Quantcast.com, open an account to use more features (it' free).
        Enter a search term, it will give you a drop down box of url's to search. And right on the top right it says "Accepts Ads" or "No Ads", how cool is that? Click on the Accept Ads and some will have the ad size they are looking for and more demo graphics, visiters etc. Get on the site and shoot them an email or ask in their contact us form. What can they do? Kill ya? Highly unlikely, but they will probably give you a better deal then Google. Put in pizza it will give you some url's to check, now you may be saying who the hell would have a pizza offer, but do you think, people looking for pizza, would be game playing teen, busy moms, broke moms, batchelors, quantcast also has demographics.

        Another thing is lists, most capture emails and keep on marketing, how can you do this all alone? You probably can't thusly you need staff, not fun.

        Well, I hope this helps a little.

        Cheers,
        You know what? I' m feeling much better now... I'm working in a spare bedroom from a laptop that has Vista on... And haven't found the "Easy button" yet....
        Signature

        Online Marketing Agencies let you down? Leave it to Laura!
        Customized automated online marketing sales funnels for your business.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1736387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    I agree, the people doign huge huge numbers have teams. I know one such team and each person has their own role. Its not just a money making machine, its a business and the team is run like any offline business is. Roles may include a graphic designer, a programmer, a creative "thinker", an optimizer, a techy guy, an assistant, etc

    I think its also important to realize that most of these people or teams are probably not doing one thing. They may focus on CPA but may also do non-cpa related sites, may do facebook and phone apps, may do consulting, etc.

    Whats also interesting is that although they may be using prop software, they are essentially doing the same thing we are doing but at a much larger scale, no secret sauce, just scale. Instead of doing a placement with a small blog, they do so with a massive traffic site. Instead of spending 500 per day and making 1000 per day like us they are just multiplying that by 10 or 50.


    In any event, what keeps me driven is knowing that there is the ability to reach these insane numbers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1720044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cash37
    Rebill merchants.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1720458].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    There is a lot of blackhat but dont underestimate the potential of purely whitehat.

    Everybody that I know that does huge numbers is doing mostly whitehat. It helps create a sustainable business that will be successful for a long time. A lot of the blackhatters are making 10k a day for a few months and then struggle to even make 100 per day once their technique becomes irrelevant or impossible. Plus, whitehat helps you sleep better!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1722338].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Midas3 Consulting
      Originally Posted by Kenster View Post


      Everybody that I know that does huge numbers is doing mostly whitehat.
      This.

      While some big spam mailers can do huge numbers, the consistent guys , the guys making serious money are PPC heads, almost to a tee, nothing brings in traffic as fast as harnessing some of the ad platforms, especially the content network and the big three PPC models.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1723470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BigWealthTeam
    Who are the big dogs out there known of?
    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1722836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eclario
    The best way to learn is through working with multiple networks and split testing offers. Targeting niches is also key. For example, the hot niche in the zip/email corner is the iPad right now. 9 networks have some sort of offer (plus my network of course). Conversions seem to be around 15% - why because its hot. Your demographic is either going to read the stuff in the Social Media outlets or on news sites. Email wont work as spam filters pick them up.

    Essentially, pick offers that provide easy to target demos. That's the key and get accepted into some private networks like eClario's or EWA's where the information on how to promote is made clear as mud.
    Signature
    Jack Hyman, CEO & Managing Partner
    eClario Solutions LLC
    Founder of mobileAff - The 1st Mobile Affiliate Marketing Solutions | www.mobileaff.com

    AOL IM: eclariosolutions | Twitter: eclariollc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1722910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Doug59
      Originally Posted by eclario View Post

      The best way to learn is through working with multiple networks and split testing offers. Targeting niches is also key. For example, the hot niche in the zip/email corner is the iPad right now. 9 networks have some sort of offer (plus my network of course). Conversions seem to be around 15% - why because its hot. Your demographic is either going to read the stuff in the Social Media outlets or on news sites. Email wont work as spam filters pick them up.

      Essentially, pick offers that provide easy to target demos. That's the key and get accepted into some private networks like eClario's or EWA's where the information on how to promote is made clear as mud.
      Hi eclario,
      I agree with the ideas of targeting niches and split testing. I have 2s questions about the last statement you made: " get accepted into some private networks like eClario's or EWA's where the information on how to promote is made clear as mud."

      1. Do you have a private network named "eClario's"?
      2. How is the information they give you of any help if it is "clear as mud"?

      I am not trying to be funny here, just honest questions.
      Thanks,
      Doug
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1734497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marky12345
    Looks like he knows what hes doing, good luck I say.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1722922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ukbuddy2
    I think a lot of people dabble in BH ways but it is still a lot of work and not sustainabl!!!
    as mentioned above build something that will last you for ages on autopilot

    d
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1723078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seaGal86
    I'm new on the boards and signed up cause I met someone at the bar talking about this website and how if changed his life dramatically.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1723141].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Midas3 Consulting
    Originally Posted by BigWealthTeam View Post

    We do email submits and make pretty decent money.. easy to rack in 10k+ a month.
    I don't really handle much of the marketing side of it though, so I don't know too much about it.

    But what I want to know is --How are these people pulling in these HUGE checks on networks and where is their traffic coming from? what offers? etc...

    I hear about these guys going to these affiliate conventions with Lambos and hookers in Vegas! :0

    Cheers...
    Guys like Amish etc have a pretty decent team but they have their hands in a lot of pockets, with software development , CPA, their own network and so forth, there's plenty of one man bands out there however doing $100k a month or more.

    In terms of the BIG money earners, it's mailers and paid traffic models across a variety of platforms, some PPV and media buys etc but the big volume is in good old fashioned PPC.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1723460].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Yes, lots of very talented and helpful people on this forum...agreed.

    I would be curious to set up a graph of every single Warrior's yearly profits and see how many people are doing small, medium, huge, and gigantic numbers...would be interested.

    Prob wont ever happen reliably because the more people make, the less willing they are to reveal figures...for obvious reasons!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1723912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrCruzin
    I would assume they are not doing PPC or CPV in the way you are thinking. When you are making that much you are doing Media Buys and paying CPMS. You have a good amount of people helping and testing and doing all sorts of things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1725179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    True about the team aspect, but dont assume PPC isnt crazy profitable...it is. Its hard to get a great campaign going with PPC but once you do, the scalability and scope make it massively profitable. PPC is still in the arsenal of many many super publishers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1725662].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Flaura78
      Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

      True about the team aspect, but dont assume PPC isnt crazy profitable...it is. Its hard to get a great campaign going with PPC but once you do, the scalability and scope make it massively profitable. PPC is still in the arsenal of many many super publishers!
      It is easy to make 6 figures in CPA and spend 5 figures.
      You are absolutely right, it all comes down to Testing.
      And the more bucks you have to "throw in" for testing, the more chances you have to find the ideal ad portfolio and run successful campaigns.
      Signature

      Online Marketing Agencies let you down? Leave it to Laura!
      Customized automated online marketing sales funnels for your business.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1793400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crecemedia
    Its called media buys. Never done it and dont have the money to do it but, if you have $30,000 or a bit more to invest and test in media buys you can make some pretty ridiculous amount of money. You can loose it all too pretty darn fast.

    These guys bring millions on hits to their websites each week. Convert that traffic and you can bank pretty hard.

    Now, you can get some pretty decent numbers, if you scale up a content network campaign. You need to select which sites you want you ads placed and keep testing placements. Can be done so get to it.

    You dont need staff, huge assents and a genius mind to pull good numbers.
    Signature

    Sail Fast, Live Slow

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1734613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheCPAInsider
      Originally Posted by crecemedia View Post

      Its called media buys. Never done it and dont have the money to do it but, if you have $30,000 or a bit more to invest and test in media buys you can make some pretty ridiculous amount of money. You can loose it all too pretty darn fast.

      These guys bring millions on hits to their websites each week. Convert that traffic and you can bank pretty hard.

      Now, you can get some pretty decent numbers, if you scale up a content network campaign. You need to select which sites you want you ads placed and keep testing placements. Can be done so get to it.

      You dont need staff, huge assents and a genius mind to pull good numbers.
      ^^^^
      Media Buys - thats where all the big players make their money. Everything Crecemedia said was on point. Signing up with a Media Buy network will allow you to see all of the possible websites where you can promote your offer. Take a look at any of the major websites (Driving HUGE numbers of traffic) and you'll see sponsored links - these links can lead to your offer.

      Here's the best part: You DO NOT need 30K to get started. 30K is great but its not needed. Right now you can find clicks on the top sites for as low as $.30 - $.50 per click
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1742498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Various offers on various networks on various platforms - diversification is key
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1734849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayInOrlando
    30K, for that amount of spend, you can get a good infomercial made up, hell even get a spot on HSN and other shopping TV networks. You want to make some cash, that's what you do!
    Signature
    $600 a day? Easy! - Super Affiliates Contact ME for to get in on this private health supplement offer.
    !!! ONLY FOR THOSE WHO PUSH VOLUME !!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1735227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    I think another important thing to consider is that yes as Gauher says TIME IS YOU ENEMY but you also have to remember that in many ways TIME IS YOUR FRIEND...

    Depending on what you are doing and how you structure your business, time can be amazing. If you focus your business on creating sustainable income streams, then yes you will work your butt off in the beginning, but all that work will pay dividends into the future without you doing anything. Eventually if you set up enough autopilot streams, then these little streams will eventually get to the point of creating a river of income without you doing any more work.

    I will give you an example using video marketing. And remember I am trying to show a point here so dont take everything so literally. For arguments sake, once you create a video, it will stay up forever (ie youtube doesnt suspend your account etc)

    Ok so say you create 30 videos a day. Those 30 videos market a trial offer which pays out $40. Say from those 30 videos you get one conversion per month. This means that you work all day to create 30 videos and and for all that work you only make $40 per month or $480 per year. Ok now after your first day you get all depressed because you arent seeing any results at all for a few weeks and then one lousy conversion and then you dont see anything for another 4 weeks. You may quit or complain that CPA marketing doesnt work.


    OK instead of doing it for one day and stopping, lets say you create 30 videos every single day for 1 month straight. Again, every 30 videos only gets one conversion per month. But, since you did this every day, then by the end of the month (30 days later) you have now created 900 videos and you are making $40 x 30 conversions per month or $1200 per month. This means, after working your butt off creating videos for a month, you have now created an income stream of $14,400 per year. It's not that much money, but you only put in one month of work.

    Ok, now lets say you create 30 videos per day, each set of 30 videos converts once per month making you $40 per month. Ok, now you do this for 1 full year or 365 days. That means at the end of year one, you just created 10,950 videos. Each set of 30 videos converts once per month meaning now you have created an income stream of $14,500 per month of $175,200 per year. And guess what, assuming your videos dont get taken down, in year number two, you dont even have to do 1 minute of work, and you will make another $175,200 that year and the year after, and the year after that.


    The point here is the power of internet marketing...its that you can create these seemingly insignificant auto-pilot income streams and they eventually add up to a good sum of money. Yes, your first day you do all that fricken work for only 1 conversion per month. But, do it for a year and now you just created an income stream of $175,000 per year completely autopilot.


    Hope I didnt confuse you there and again, I was trying to illustrate a point here so dont take everything 100% literally.

    Cheers All!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1736618].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bioshift
    I see your point kenster, the power of numbers... but good lord, how the f do you make 30 vids a day? I mean, I have animoto and between finding the photos, doin the bs to get them into the software and so on, it takes me a good hr to throw a video together. and I was a video editor at a production house for 3 years!

    I don't know, I have a hard time being that productive, that's all I'm sayin...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1742449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emaildeliverypro
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1742915].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenster
      Originally Posted by bioshift View Post

      I see your point kenster, the power of numbers... but good lord, how the f do you make 30 vids a day? I mean, I have animoto and between finding the photos, doin the bs to get them into the software and so on, it takes me a good hr to throw a video together. and I was a video editor at a production house for 3 years!

      I don't know, I have a hard time being that productive, that's all I'm sayin...

      Originally Posted by emaildeliverypro View Post

      Ya, I would be interested to know how you make 30 videoz a day?

      I didnt get good conversion of email submit offers either. Any body else who had good experience with email submits?

      The videos don't necessarily all have to be 100% unique. Think about if you are making a video using animoto about say Britney Spears. You get images. Now you can open mutiple browser windows and run animoto at the same time on a few. you create a video, when done, you re-render the video at a different speed, different sequence of images, different taxt slides, different music etc. BAM you have a bunch of different videos rendering at the same time, then re-render and change up small things.



      I'm not saying I do this (its against animotos terms and most video sites etc) but this is just what some people do. Then it is quite possible to do 15 videos in an hour or more.


      Also remember, my point wasnt necessarily about making videos...it was about setting up autopilot streams of income. I was trying to make a point more than be 100% literal.

      After all, I would rather stick a 10" rusty blade into my eye socket than create videos every day, all day, for a whole year! hehe
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1743750].message }}

Trending Topics