Shall I Send Tracking Pixel to My Affiliate Maneger

7 replies
Hi,


I am running a CPA offer with Azoogle. To my surprise I have a very varying EPC from last 10 days. Sometimes its 0.15 and sometimes its 0.90. Which is quite unusual. I think the network is shaving off my leads.

Yesterday I talked to my affiliate manager and told her about my concern. She suggested me to give my tracking pixel to her so that he can place it on offer page.

Now my question is:

1. Will that really help me tracking the conversions. How will I know that they have actually placed the tracking pixel.

2. Is there any chance that they can alter the tracking code in their favour so that they can still shave off in a similar manner. Because these people have got brilliant software engineers and I don't know even "abc" of this coding language.

3. Right now I am using a quite simple tracking software hippojaw.com. Will that be good enough to give to affiliate manager or should I use bit advanced one like traffic junky or tracking 202.


Thanks,


dbadwal
#affiliate #maneger #pixel #send #tracking
  • Profile picture of the author oni3350
    Im sorry, i cant answer all of your questions because i do not know exactly. But i do know that you should be tracking everything yourself

    use prosper202 and host it on your server and you should be good.

    They have lots of tutorials on how to use it all and best of all its free. Its for PPC but you can also use it for PPV if your doing that.

    Tracks which keywords are working for you and everything, gives you your ROI % for each keyword ect
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1843273].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dbadwal
      Originally Posted by oni3350 View Post

      Im sorry, i cant answer all of your questions because i do not know exactly. But i do know that you should be tracking everything yourself

      use prosper202 and host it on your server and you should be good.

      They have lots of tutorials on how to use it all and best of all its free. Its for PPC but you can also use it for PPV if your doing that.

      Tracks which keywords are working for you and everything, gives you your ROI % for each keyword ect

      Thanks buddy for your kind suggetions.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1843323].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author terrytibbs
    Originally Posted by dbadwal View Post

    Hi,


    I am running a CPA offer with Azoogle. To my surprise I have a very varying EPC from last 10 days. Sometimes its 0.15 and sometimes its 0.90. Which is quite unusual. I think the network is shaving off my leads.

    Yesterday I talked to my affiliate manager and told her about my concern. She suggested me to give my tracking pixel to her so that he can place it on offer page.

    Now my question is:

    1. Will that really help me tracking the conversions. How will I know that they have actually placed the tracking pixel.

    2. Is there any chance that they can alter the tracking code in their favour so that they can still shave off in a similar manner. Because these people have got brilliant software engineers and I don't know even "abc" of this coding language.

    3. Right now I am using a quite simple tracking software hippojaw.com. Will that be good enough to give to affiliate manager or should I use bit advanced one like traffic junky or tracking 202.


    Thanks,


    dbadwal
    Hi,

    What does it mean when a network shaves off leads?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1844355].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dbadwal
      Originally Posted by terrytibbs View Post

      Hi,

      What does it mean when a network shaves off leads?
      It means not paying for the leads . You may say deleting the leads from affiliates account and not paying for it. e.g if you generate 100 leads. Some networks use unethical means. They just pay you for 80 leads and keep commission of rest 20 with them. Its a very frequent exercise in CPA industry. Not unusual at all.

      Hope u got the point.:rolleyes:


      dbadwal
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1844396].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author terrytibbs
        Originally Posted by dbadwal View Post

        It means not paying for the leads . You may say deleting the leads from affiliates account and not paying for it. e.g if you generate 100 leads. Some networks use unethical means. They just pay you for 80 leads and keep commission of rest 20 with them. Its a very frequent exercise in CPA industry. Not unusual at all.

        Hope u got the point.:rolleyes:


        dbadwal
        I got ya, so basically they are taking your money that you spent time to earn.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1844504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Colton
    I was wondering if this would help also, I don't think anyone answered your question directly. I would think if they put the pixel on the offer page for you then when the lead is generated it would fire the pixel and credit you so that you know right away you have the lead and maybe they wouldn't shave as much, I'm just not to sure how it all works as I've never done the call backs or pixel tracking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1844606].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dbadwal
      Originally Posted by Colton View Post

      I was wondering if this would help also, I don't think anyone answered your question directly. I would think if they put the pixel on the offer page for you then when the lead is generated it would fire the pixel and credit you so that you know right away you have the lead and maybe they wouldn't shave as much, I'm just not to sure how it all works as I've never done the call backs or pixel tracking.
      Hey buddy thanks for your kind words.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1844796].message }}

Trending Topics