How to properly "Scale Up" your profitable campaign??

10 replies
To all the CPA experts here, I'm asking you how to properly "scale up" a profitable adwords campaign?

Let's say for example I am running a test campaign, and im getting good conversions/leads.

How do you scale up from here? I am only running a $25 to $30 daily adwords spending limit.

Please let me know how to scale up from here. Do I just increase my daily spending limit?

I have narrowed the campaign down to 3 keywords that pull in the leads, and only using my most profitable ad.

Thanks!
#campaign #profitable #properly #scale up
  • Profile picture of the author munnacircuit
    first where are u advertising? search or content?

    if search - try different keywords, try to increase daily limit, go wide with keywords
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1886153].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ex9to5guy
      Originally Posted by munnacircuit View Post

      first where are u advertising? search or content?

      if search - try different keywords, try to increase daily limit, go wide with keywords

      what is the difference between search and content?????????
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Angelz
    Try increasing by $2 to $3 every week and see if your profits increase.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1890328].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Scaling up is an art form in its own right. Everybody has their own method of scaling up in terms of parameters and timing, but some things are pretty universal.

    First, if you are doing ppc you will want to make sure you have optimized your keyword list and turned off the losers. One thing you will want to try is expanding the winner keywords. Horizontal expansion will hopefully get you even more winner keywords. For my good keywords, if it is converting well, I will try and test a bit broader of a keyword. If that converts well, then you will likely get more traffic because the keyword is broader.

    Then you want to start tinkering with your bids. Increaing your ad position will likely bring more traffic, if increasing the bid price is justified because you are still seeing good conversion, this means you will make more profit because again, there will be more traffic volume. Most campaigns have a sweet spot in terms of ad position and you will want to try and find that position.

    And then if you have a good landing page and your offer converst well, you will want to scale with other traffic sources. This whole process is how people go from makign $40 per day to $400 or $4000. Leveraging the scope and scale or the net is critical.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1890662].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mr.forex
      What do you mean by "Horizontal expansion" of a keyword?

      Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

      Scaling up is an art form in its own right. Everybody has their own method of scaling up in terms of parameters and timing, but some things are pretty universal.

      First, if you are doing ppc you will want to make sure you have optimized your keyword list and turned off the losers. One thing you will want to try is expanding the winner keywords. Horizontal expansion will hopefully get you even more winner keywords. For my good keywords, if it is converting well, I will try and test a bit broader of a keyword. If that converts well, then you will likely get more traffic because the keyword is broader.

      Then you want to start tinkering with your bids. Increaing your ad position will likely bring more traffic, if increasing the bid price is justified because you are still seeing good conversion, this means you will make more profit because again, there will be more traffic volume. Most campaigns have a sweet spot in terms of ad position and you will want to try and find that position.

      And then if you have a good landing page and your offer converst well, you will want to scale with other traffic sources. This whole process is how people go from makign $40 per day to $400 or $4000. Leveraging the scope and scale or the net is critical.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896673].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bryan V
        Originally Posted by mr.forex View Post

        What do you mean by "Horizontal expansion" of a keyword?
        I think by horizontal, Kenster (great WSO ) means loosen up the search parameters.

        For [sparkly blue widgets]
        It could include changing the match type from exact to phrase or broad.

        and or removing words:
        sparkly blue widgets
        blue widgets
        widgets
        Signature
        Perhaps an attic I shall seek.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1904308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author indexphp
    omg the previous posters are giving horrible advice...

    #1) If you have a positive ROI, you have no budget! Set your budget to $100,000/day
    #2) Put the same campaign on Yahoo/MSN
    #3) Start Exploring other traffic sources (CPV, Solo Ads)
    #4) Take your highest converting URL's (edit: keywords, rather - URL's too) 1-by-1... type them into Google, and advertise on THOSE sites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1890766].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cash37
      I am only running a $25 to $30 daily adwords spending limit.
      Add some zeroes to this.

      I usually start at 50 or 100 daily limit. If it holds, then I add 50-100 more, every day until I get past the point where ROI stops increasing. If that makes sense.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1891040].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pragun
      Originally Posted by indexphp View Post

      #1) If you have a positive ROI, you have no budget! Set your budget to $100,000/day
      That's a good point right there.
      Although the 100,000 is just a figurative number, if you're getting a return, you should try and reinvest the same amount into advertising for the first month or so.
      Also, try applying the same technique accross a different set of verticals, and that'll just multiply your income linearly.
      Signature

      Web development problem? No problem! Contact me and let's make it happen!
      Color Coding the world, one pixel at a time.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896661].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author badboy_Nick
    Originally Posted by mr.forex View Post

    To all the CPA experts here, I'm asking you how to properly "scale up" a profitable adwords campaign?

    Let's say for example I am running a test campaign, and im getting good conversions/leads.

    How do you scale up from here? I am only running a $25 to $30 daily adwords spending limit.

    Please let me know how to scale up from here. Do I just increase my daily spending limit?

    I have narrowed the campaign down to 3 keywords that pull in the leads, and only using my most profitable ad.

    Thanks!
    You scale a campaign by maxing out your daily spending limit (get all the impressions you can for a given keyword) and then simply add more keywords by going DEEPER and BROAD. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. More keywords and increase your daily spending limit.
    Signature
    Read my incredible story: www.affiliatechamp.co.uk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1904470].message }}

Trending Topics