How much is my website worth?

24 replies
Hey guys I was wondering how much you think my website is worth?

World News Heard Now | World News Heard Now

5,000 visitors per day

Thanks!
#website #worth
  • Profile picture of the author .
    how much you make $ per month?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2111814].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tjmcnich
      lets say 800 a month
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2111891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    I'm not an expert on flipping sites, but I think that you probably can sell your site for 6x or 7x the monthly income it generates. Also, how are you monetizing your site? 800$ a month for 5,000 visitors a day is not all that much (this is my opinion, but I have never owned a news site, so I can be wrong ).


    William
    Signature
    Steal My Profit Strategy



    >> Download Now <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2111965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    check out flippa and see what similar ones are selling for
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2112310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterwrecker
    Ok you said it is making $800 a month and that does help but a few more questions.

    How much work is involved in maintaing that profit or is it mostly hands off?

    How much do you spend on the site per month.

    How long has it been generating that kind of income?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2112613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TE2
    Originally Posted by Tjmcnich View Post

    Hey guys I was wondering how much you think my website is worth?

    World News Heard Now | World News Heard Now

    5,000 visitors per day

    Thanks!
    Since you asked.

    Here's the bottom-line first - Your site is worth... $970.90

    Your site also has the following stats:
    • Your site is 2 weeks old
    • Daily pages - 442
    • Average daily Adsense revenue - $1.33
    • Zero (0) backlinks from the top 3 search engines
    • No Meta Description
    • A title tag that repeats the site name
    • Google pagerank of zero
    • No DMOZ listing
    • Global traffic rank of 2487804
    • It's host by 1&1 on an Apache webserver
    • It's built on wordpress 2.9.2
    • It has an Adsense account (acct # withheld for your protection)
    • 2 Outbound links (one to Maxbounty and 1 to Gabfire themes)
    • Your site has HTML validation problems (73 Errors, 36 warning(s))
    • You own six (6) other domains
    And Thomas, because you live in Chicago, you were up late posting this thread.

    Any questions?

    Regards,

    John

    ps - Value of your site is not bad for a two week old site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2112804].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author inter123
      5,000 visitors = 150,000 a month. This is not bad if its all organic.

      $800 x 12 = $9600 revenue per year.

      With these stats you can easily get $8000 but I'd hold out for 13 - 15 k.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2116850].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tjmcnich
        I know I'm just talking raw numbers I'm not selling my site (yet) and I'm not driving that traffic yet Lol
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2117910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ShaunJohnson
      Originally Posted by TE2 View Post

      Since you asked.

      Here's the bottom-line first - Your site is worth... $970.90

      Your site also has the following stats:
      • Your site is 2 weeks old
      • Daily pages - 442
      • Average daily Adsense revenue - $1.33
      • Zero (0) backlinks from the top 3 search engines
      • No Meta Description
      • A title tag that repeats the site name
      • Google pagerank of zero
      • No DMOZ listing
      • Global traffic rank of 2487804
      • It's host by 1&1 on an Apache webserver
      • It's built on wordpress 2.9.2
      • It has an Adsense account (acct # withheld for your protection)
      • 2 Outbound links (one to Maxbounty and 1 to Gabfire themes)
      • Your site has HTML validation problems (73 Errors, 36 warning(s))
      • You own six (6) other domains
      And Thomas, because you live in Chicago, you were up late posting this thread.

      Any questions?

      Regards,

      John

      ps - Value of your site is not bad for a two week old site.

      Hi john

      May i ask how you got all that info? Theres a few sites i would love to do checks like these on but not sure how to do it. Do you just type the url into a web program and it shows you?

      Cheers
      Signature

      I see Pride. I see Power. I see a Bad ass mudda who wont take no crap off of nobody!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2124448].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TE2
        Originally Posted by ShaunJohnson View Post

        Hi john

        May i ask how you got all that info? Theres a few sites i would love to do checks like these on but not sure how to do it. Do you just type the url into a web program and it shows you?

        Cheers
        It took me 5 minutes to generate that post - most of which was typing it.

        Here's how...

        Step 1 - a quick query using Website value calculator and web information
        (websiteoutlook numbers are not gospel - only estimates)

        Step 2 - a "Mass Check" of baclinks and indexed pages using SEOpen

        Step 3 - valdiate HTML using SEOpen

        Step 4 - check whois record using SEOpen

        Step 5 - some simple deduction using the data above and the original post

        SEOpen is a Firefox plugin - get it free > SEOpen: The SEO Firefox Extension

        Regards,

        John

        ps - Be sure to hit the "thank you" button... Right down there - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - V
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2124550].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jag82
          Originally Posted by TE2 View Post

          ps - Be sure to hit the "thank you" button... Right down there - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - V
          *Sidetrack*

          Because you made the effort to do the above (which made me smile)...I made the effort to thank you.

          - Jag
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2125388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tjmcnich
    John how did u get those numbers? Impressive
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2117916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Smale
    Where does the traffic come from? Has the income been consistent? Depending on these factors your site would be worth anywhere from $800 to $16,000 (or possibly more if there is historic adsense revenue). There are so many factors to take into account, but ultimately it is worth what someone is willing to pay and will depend how well you present it to potential buyers.

    Can't really tell without more information though or without digging a little deeper.
    Signature
    I specialize in selling websites over $10,000 in value. No obligation, confidential valuation here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2117931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    I was just wondering the same thing about my site...LOL

    (just kiddin' I know what it's worth)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2117947].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author claywalsh
    did you write all those news articles?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2117951].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tjmcnich
      I found information on a few different sites and just wrote my own article in my own words.... if you look all my articles are short 150-300 words... you can knock out an article in 20 mintues
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2117978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author halfoli
    your site is worth $3,219.3 websiteworthchecker.com/worldnewsheardnow.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2125096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TE2
      Hey Thomas,

      Which site is closest to your real numbers - websiteoutlook or websiteworthchecker?

      It would be nice to compare and contrast the two to see which, if either, may actually be useful.

      John
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2125242].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Intrepreneur
        Originally Posted by TE2 View Post

        Hey Thomas,

        Which site is closest to your real numbers - websiteoutlook or websiteworthchecker?

        It would be nice to compare and contrast the two to see which, if either, may actually be useful.

        John
        Neither are.

        They use a crappy formula.

        The best way to value a site is to put it up for sale and state the specs. Afterall it's only worth what it's worth to the buyer no matter how much you think you should get.
        Signature

        Owner easiery.com

        Started in 2009 now working on the above project.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2125280].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TE2
          Originally Posted by Intrepreneur View Post

          Neither are.

          They use a crappy formula.

          The best way to value a site is to put it up for sale and state the specs. Afterall it's only worth what it's worth to the buyer no matter how much you think you should get.
          When it comes to the actual valuation, I agree that neither is accurate and as such, I view them with little weight.

          But what I am asking is about the traffic numbers.

          On the flip side, the link info is accurate from what I can tell by using other tools.

          John

          ps - You are also correct that value is what someone will actually pay you for it. I learned this doing a bit of real estate investing. I often laughed at the "appraised value" and insulted a lot of people explaining what fair market value means - i.e what someone is willing to pay for it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2125311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author harro1
    I have seen websites which are valued at $4000 at website outlook are often sold for $400-500 at Dp,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2125302].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    The thing about determining market value of a web site is that it is much more subjective than finding the market value of traditional assets.

    What a web site is making is only a small factor considered my many web site buyers. What they care about is potential, they care about what they can do to your site and how that will affect the numbers.

    If a site is making 200 per month, the potential to grow that site or monetize may be significantly greater than a site that is currently making 2000 per month. Because of this, the previous site may actually be more "valuable".

    And then of course, a site and any asset is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it. If a site is making 2000 per month but requires much attention and daily maintenance, it may not fetch a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2126424].message }}

Trending Topics