22 replies
Do you guys drink coffee in order to work longer hours? It seems like the "affiliate lifestyle" requires long hours grinding online.

I drink about 6 cups of coffee a day to keep me going and I work from 10am - 3am everynight (sometimes longer). I'm managing several media buyers, two networks (one being BLAM Ads : Incentive Affiliate Network, Content Locking & Social Currency) and networking.
#caffiene #coffee #motivaton
  • Profile picture of the author jaymoney20
    IMO a combination of coffee in the morning and mountain dew through out the day/night. Is the best.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2214612].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wechito
      Sure. Caffeine is what keeps me going. I' m not sure about it is the best way, though. I'm a caffeine-addict.
      By the way, what is that network in your link about?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2214633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Originally Posted by RyanEagle View Post

    Do you guys drink coffee in order to work longer hours? It seems like the "affiliate lifestyle" requires long hours grinding online.

    I drink about 6 cups of coffee a day to keep me going and I work from 10am - 3am everynight (sometimes longer). I'm managing several media buyers, two networks (one being BLAM Ads : Incentive Affiliate Network, Content Locking & Social Currency) and networking.



    Interesting because the affiliate lifestyle is quite the opposite of that...sitting on the beach and drinking mojitos as your sites make you tons of money!


    Can't say I work terribly long hours anymore, but if I'm really excited about something I am doing I crack open a red bull and plug along just nicely!

    Nothing against what you do, but a good goal to have is to constantly look at outsourcing, hiring talented individuals, etc so your efforts are focused on the strategic decisions and not the operations. Becomes a little tricky when dealing with CPA campaigns because of trust issues though!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2214659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    I don't like coffee. Not too much. I drink Coke, though. I don't think it helps me to stay awake, but I don't really need help to do it. I rarely go to sleep before 4 am.
    Signature
    Steal My Profit Strategy



    >> Download Now <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukinara
    instead of coffee, how about Monster? it work good too
    and other energy drinks are ok, too many caffeine stuffs aren't good man
    Signature
    Only by helping your fellow businessman, you can finally achieve true success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yoyo
    red bull all the way
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freeman77
    I struggle with coffee -- it hurts my stomach, but I love it. I try not to drink it every day.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217283].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Caffeine, Taurine, all that garbage isnt very good, but then again so is a lot of food and drink out there.

    I've been trying to weed out garbage from my diet and get more into a natural lifestyle...no alarm clocks, no stimulants for the sake of staying awake, etc. Still working on it though!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HorseStall
    I am addicted to Code Red (it has tons of caffeine) without it, I'm not a pleasant person. :-(
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217318].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Johnaxe
      I generally wake up between 6 - 7 am everyday and the first thing I do is drink a big glass of water (got to start the day with hydration) and then I make some coffee for my wife and I. I'll usually drink 2 cups, but that's it. sometimes if I get that afternoon slump feeling I might make a cup of tea.

      As far as hours I work...

      they fluctuate as I have a 3 year old daughter who stays home with daddy and sometimes she can be quite demanding. On the days she goes to daycare though i'll work a solid 8 hours. I'll also put in a few hours here and there on nights and weekends if need be so all in all I think it's probably close to a 35-40 hour work week.
      Signature
      “It is curious - curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare”
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marian Berghes
    I say you listen to Finch Ryan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by RyanEagle View Post

    Do you guys drink coffee in order to work longer hours? It seems like the "affiliate lifestyle" requires long hours grinding online.

    I drink about 6 cups of coffee a day to keep me going and I work from 10am - 3am everynight (sometimes longer). I'm managing several media buyers, two networks (one being BLAM Ads : Incentive Affiliate Network, Content Locking & Social Currency) and networking.
    Ryan, I share a similar addiction, but it's pop for me, not a big coffee fan but love the pop.. It helps me get stuff done, managing several different businesses within a business is tough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217475].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BILLSBILLION
    I don't know, Coffee make me sleepy!! Ryan what motivates you to work hard??
    Signature
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." True, or true?!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217724].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author misterwrecker
      Originally Posted by BILLSBILLION View Post

      I don't know, Coffee make me sleepy!! Ryan what motivates you to work hard??
      I'm not sure but I think it begins with an "M"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2218355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RyanEagle
    Ken, I'd have to disagree with you. I'm not sure if you've ever managed a large scale affiliate campaign or not, but it's something that you need to maintain.

    Owning a network I get to see who makes the most money, and it's not the affiliates relaxing on beaches. It's affiliates that treat this like a job - waking up every morning and working long days. Watching bids, scaling campaigns, optimizing, everything.

    I do distribute work out, altogether we have a team of over 50 employees managing operations. There is always more networking, scaling, and distrbuting of work that I can do.

    Have any of you read this: The Grind: Only Cool When You Know How To Stop Finch Sells
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2218596].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenster
      Originally Posted by RyanEagle View Post

      Ken, I'd have to disagree with you. I'm not sure if you've ever managed a large scale affiliate campaign or not, but it's something that you need to maintain.

      Owning a network I get to see who makes the most money, and it's not the affiliates relaxing on beaches. It's affiliates that treat this like a job - waking up every morning and working long days. Watching bids, scaling campaigns, optimizing, everything.

      I do distribute work out, altogether we have a team of over 50 employees managing operations. There is always more networking, scaling, and distrbuting of work that I can do.

      Have any of you read this: The Grind: Only Cool When You Know How To Stop Finch Sells


      Hey Ryan!

      I wasn't saying anything about you, I was just saying that the "affiliate lifestyle" as is commonly referred to involves relaxing on beaches and driving hot cars and not doing a lot of work. I wasn't saying that is a reality because as you know, depending on how you structure your business, it can be a crapload of work monitoring, testing, cranking, optimizing etc.

      Managing a large PPC campaign is a lot of work, particularly as you build it. But then of course there are other ways to structure your business where you dont need the constant work. This is where I am tryign to take my business.


      But the "Affiliate Lifestyle" is in theory (not necessarily in practice) one where you sit on beaches and watch the money roll in.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2219031].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Saluki Guy
        Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

        Hey Ryan!

        I wasn't saying anything about you, I was just saying that the "affiliate lifestyle" as is commonly referred to involves relaxing on beaches and driving hot cars and not doing a lot of work. I wasn't saying that is a reality because as you know, depending on how you structure your business, it can be a crapload of work monitoring, testing, cranking, optimizing etc.

        Managing a large PPC campaign is a lot of work, particularly as you build it. But then of course there are other ways to structure your business where you dont need the constant work. This is where I am tryign to take my business.


        But the "Affiliate Lifestyle" is in theory (not necessarily in practice) one where you sit on beaches and watch the money roll in.
        "The Affiliate lifestyle" sounds a whole lot like the "The MLM Lifestyle" where you see all kinds of ads of people sitting on the beach sipping on coconut drinks while the money rolls in. This, of course, is bull**** designed to lure in suckers who think they too can get rich on the beach.

        The real ballers are dudes who are pasty white from no sun and live on coffee and stay up all night grinding away.

        Most high earners are workaholics and big time coffee drinkers --and they work like crazy because they love it.
        Signature
        There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted — all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures. - Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2219292].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
      Originally Posted by RyanEagle View Post

      and it's not the affiliates relaxing on beaches. It's affiliates that treat this like a job - waking up every morning and working long days. Watching bids, scaling campaigns, optimizing, everything.
      Amen.. the most successful affiliates are success because they put in the work.. (not because of fluke or anything else)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2220071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author numba8
    the affiliate lifestyle is stressful no matter how well your campaign is doing because you always know it can do better. Also, you never know when a niche is going to die and sometimes it happens fast, and when it does it is a scramble to get something else going. I wouldn't trade it though :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2219335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carlsbadd
    I bought one of those keureg coffee makers and love it, hot fresh coffee anytime of the day!
    It's hard to keep up with out it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2219781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Caffeine is horrible. It actually does more harm than good in terms of concentration and productivity. Multiple studies have proved this. You think you are doing better with caffeine because of the way it makes you feel "wired" when in fact it's quite deceptive, you are doing worse. Caffeine is not all bad, it has some good properties, but in terms of helping you concentrate and get things done, it actually hurts. It actually lessens your ability to focus.

    Go ahead. Call me a crackpot, but this is what I believe from what I've read and experienced. I hate using caffeine to help work productivity, and it just makes me feel worse whenever I've tried to use it for that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2220083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Finch
    Before I quit my day job, I used to be the guy who strolled in to the office at 8:59am with a pint of coffee. It helped me through the day, but I'd still consider it an unhealthy fix. Not good for your blood pressure to be fishing your way through that much coffee.

    It also makes it incredibly hard to get a normal night's sleep. If you're buzzing through the day, it can be hard to switch off at the end of it.

    But the "Affiliate Lifestyle" is in theory (not necessarily in practice) one where you sit on beaches and watch the money roll in.
    Not really. That's the affiliate lifestyle we slap on the front of an ebook to generate bizopp leads, right? The real affiliate lifestyle is nothing of the sort.
    Signature
    Finch Sells: The Affiliate Marketing Blog of Your Wettest Dreams
    Grab my Free [50+ Page Survival Kit] of What Works Today
    ** FinchPremiums.com - Affiliate Products to Build an Online Business, Take Over the World, etc etc **
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2221217].message }}

Trending Topics