CPA-ing...in your life

12 replies
Okay, so today I was at the beach, basking in the sun, life was good. I get back to my car and find a little flyer sitting nicely on my window. At first I was bitter that somebody touched my car. Its quite annoying, even though I can be rightfully accused of doing the same thing when I was starting on my CPA journey.

On the little tiny flyer it said I won a Free Weight Loss Trial. Not something I'm interested in, but out of curiousity I decided to check out the domain on my iphone and guess what...a redirect to a CPA offer. Just when I thought I was in my own little world with this CPAing, I get CPAed on myself!!


Have you ever seen any kind of CPA promotion in your everyday offline life? Perhaps in the newspaper, flyers, local magazine or pennysaver? I'm talking something that was obviously a CPA marketer doing.
#cpaingin #life #public
  • Profile picture of the author bigbrian
    Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

    Okay, so today I was at the beach, basking in the sun, life was good. I get back to my car and find a little flyer sitting nicely on my window. At first I was bitter that somebody touched my car. Its quite annoying, even though I can be rightfully accused of doing the same thing when I was starting on my CPA journey.

    On the little tiny flyer it said I won a Free Weight Loss Trial. Not something I'm interested in, but out of curiousity I decided to check out the domain on my iphone and guess what...a redirect to a CPA offer. Just when I thought I was in my own little world with this CPAing, I get CPAed on myself!!


    Have you ever seen any kind of CPA promotion in your everyday offline life? Perhaps in the newspaper, flyers, local magazine or pennysaver? I'm talking something that was obviously a CPA marketer doing.
    I know this might not be directly what you are talking about, but I always laugh when I am walking through the mall and see the "Win This Car". You see all the people filling out the little white papers giving away all their information. Talk about free leads... LOL!

    Brian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2286928].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author misterwrecker
      I was getting these messages on my phone that my car warranty has expired. I assumed it lead to a cpa offer for an extended car warranty.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2286973].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seantrepreneur
    That's what we call a CPA Sazzle. Just out of pure curiosity (also to drive me more to follow your footsteps), what kind of car do you drive?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2288037].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenster
      Originally Posted by Seantrepreneur View Post

      That's what we call a CPA Sazzle. Just out of pure curiosity (also to drive me more to follow your footsteps), what kind of car do you drive?

      Internet marketers go crazy over cars and houses for some reason haha.

      I always laugh and tell my buddies I am going to eventually do a sales video but instead of it being while driving my car like Kern and the others, I'm going to do it on my snowmobile or ATV haha.

      I am a pretty private person but let me share with you this. It doesnt matter what anybody drives, it matters what they COULD BE DRIVING. Even somebody making an average income can be driving a lamborghini if they get a long enough lease or financing option.

      My advice would be to follow in others footsteps to achieve what they achieved in terms of success, not to drive what they drive or live in the house they live.


      In my personal opinion, you will get much farther chasing success than chasing cars or houses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2288227].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Freeman77
        That's a funny little story.

        On a similar note, I've never actually stumbled across an internet marketer in my daily life. That is, I've never made someone's acquaintance and then learned that they make their money online. Is that because I don't get out much, or are we still kinda rare creatures, relatively speaking?



        Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

        Internet marketers go crazy over cars and houses for some reason haha.

        I always laugh and tell my buddies I am going to eventually do a sales video but instead of it being while driving my car like Kern and the others, I'm going to do it on my snowmobile or ATV haha.

        I am a pretty private person but let me share with you this. It doesnt matter what anybody drives, it matters what they COULD BE DRIVING. Even somebody making an average income can be driving a lamborghini if they get a long enough lease or financing option.

        My advice would be to follow in others footsteps to achieve what they achieved in terms of success, not to drive what they drive or live in the house they live.


        In my personal opinion, you will get much farther chasing success than chasing cars or houses.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2288359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seantrepreneur
    Kenster, you're like Mr. Miyagi. I love it! I agree with 100% of what you said. You just sparked my interest when you said you were "bitter" that someone touched your car. It made me think that you were driving in something high end. I could be totally wrong with that assumption tho. Just curious.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2288362].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cpabrainstormer
      That is a pretty funny story. It's amazing how big this stuff is getting! I called my dad the other day and we were talking about CPA marketing, how I was doing with my business, you know, all the father-son stuff you would expect.

      He started telling me how he is seeing these "little signs" popping up everywhere in our town. I asked him, "What do you mean? What kind of signs?" He replied by saying, "I'm not sure, I'm assuming they have something to do with Internet Marketing because they all say something about getting a free credit score, winning free stuff, auto insurance, etc."

      I started laughing and said, "Yea Dad, those are called bandit signs, I think. Do they have a URL on them and perhaps a phone number to call?" And he, of course, replied, "Yes they do." So I asked him to write down the URL and phone number and let me know. He replied, "Why don't you just stop over the house, there's a sign right across the street!"

      So I stopped over and got the URL and, of course, it was a CPA offer! I couldn't believe it! CPA marketing was now appearing right outside the house I grew up in! Just thought that was a bit ironic and I was actually going to start new thread with this story, but I saw your thread here Ken and I figured it fit pretty well!

      Just goes to show you how incredibly HUGE affiliate marketing/CPA marketing is getting. I grew up in a relatively small town, so to see that was pretty amazing to me. Really makes you wonder what the industry is going to look like 5 years from now!
      Signature

      Tim Van Dalsum - Owner of CPABrainstorm.com. A site dedicated to bringing the community of Cost Per Action Marketers together. Check out the site and see exactly what I do, every day, with my CPA marketing business!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2288652].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenster
      Originally Posted by Seantrepreneur View Post

      Kenster, you're like Mr. Miyagi. I love it! I agree with 100% of what you said. You just sparked my interest when you said you were "bitter" that someone touched your car. It made me think that you were driving in something high end. I could be totally wrong with that assumption tho. Just curious.


      Yeah, keep your paws off my car haha


      CPABrainstormer...great story. Figured there were more people in this forum with experiences where they saw CPA marketing in action in their daily offline lives.


      I used to do it in a few of my local papers and then had some copycatters there. I also remember getting a Google Money Tree flyer on my windshield once a long time ago. Funny stuff
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2289646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheBryan
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2289804].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aprilm
      I think I have been CPA'ed a few times too without even knowing it. Now that I belong to a network and look daily at the offers, I am starting to notice them more and more. However, I know not one single internet marketer in my local area. I have never actually met one face to face. Closest I have come is my friend's husband who works for Clickbooth as an affiliate manager. When I found that out, I was floored! And he was floored too and said he has never actually met a CPA publisher outside of work.

      IM is definitely not well known, at least not where I am from. In fact, I don't even try to explain to people what I am doing on a daily basis because it would just be too complicated, drawn out, and until I actually start making some dough, I don't think anyone would really be interested. :rolleyes:

      Sounds like you've been had Kenster! See what happens when you lay around on the beach all day!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2290714].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bigbrian
        Originally Posted by aprilm View Post


        IM is definitely not well known, at least not where I am from. In fact, I don't even try to explain to people what I am doing on a daily basis because it would just be too complicated, drawn out, and until I actually start making some dough, I don't think anyone would really be interested. :rolleyes:
        It's always hard to explain it. I have tried numerous times to tell family and friends what I do and although the listen to me, you never see that spark go off like they know what I am talking about, they just kinda look there with their eyes slightly squinted in like they are trying to understand, but they still really have not grasped the concept.

        So... I guess what I am trying to say. It doesn't matter how much money you make with it, they will never understand.

        Brian
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2291436].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kenster
          Originally Posted by EnvyusBrian View Post

          It's always hard to explain it. I have tried numerous times to tell family and friends what I do and although the listen to me, you never see that spark go off like they know what I am talking about, they just kinda look there with their eyes slightly squinted in like they are trying to understand, but they still really have not grasped the concept.

          So... I guess what I am trying to say. It doesn't matter how much money you make with it, they will never understand.

          Brian


          Haha, yeah its always good to be honest to people because you never know who can help you out. Its a smaller world than you may think.

          With that said, I many times find it more of a hassle to explain what I do to people, so sometimes I make things up. At best I will tell them I do affiliate marketing or web development and that bores them enough not to ask any more questions haha.


          And then other times I say I am independently wealthy...no more questions normally result from this answer which is nice haha



          If you say you make money online, people automatically assume its porn or gambling
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2293310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spesialis
    ^ that's good. if everyone else and their mother doing this game, I quit!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2291672].message }}

Trending Topics