Using Animoto for Video's?

27 replies
Hey everybody, since I know that Animoto doesn't like people using their platform for "commercial purposes", would that mean that we can't use their service to promote CPA offers even though we aren't selling anything (free CPA leads)?

I figured that if we were to promote CPA offers that didn't require a user to spend anything, then it'd mean that we wouldn't be in violation of "commercial advertising", but I could be wrong...

Moreover, have any of you guys ever made a video promoting a CPA offer (using Animoto)?

Also, is the service free, or do you have to pay? Also, can you download video's from their server to your computer for free, or do you have to pay to do that?

#animoto #cpa offers #video #video editors #video marketing #youtube and cpa
  • Profile picture of the author Univee
    I'd also like to hear from anyone, with good experience in video+CPA+$$$ conversions, in regards of animoto use.
    When I saw animoto slideshow video teh first time I was so impressed. So slick and quality, I thought. Now, using it quite a lot I can say, that you cannot replace value with just slick motion slides.

    Dunno, when I finalized the video I liked it. It seemed the public didn't. People don't believe that in order to take action or I miss something and therefore a good showcase of convertable video is severely needed here.

    POWER OF NUMBERS. TOP piece of advice is to go in for bulk domination. But if you do slick crap content, as someone commented my animoto vids on youtube, there's no point of multiplying th crap load of 1-click remix videos. PLease comment this as well.

    Some more thoughs. As we can easily research the 1st youtube page - there's much total stupidity crap, but with crazy numbers of views. No slick stuff almost, just something absolutely dumb, crazy or sexy. Pretty much of a dissapointment fro those design oriented and esthetic vulnerable marketers that want to get it packed with Hollywood trailer quality.

    Animoto is definitely good tool, but there's much of a straight, dumbass approach needed to get conversions.

    Please add some experience here if you got any in the field of video+CPA-> conversions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2331783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Originally Posted by subse7en View Post

    Hey everybody, since I know that Animoto doesn't like people using their platform for "commercial purposes", would that mean that we can't use their service to promote CPA offers even though we aren't selling anything (free CPA leads)?

    I figured that if we were to promote CPA offers that didn't require a user to spend anything, then it'd mean that we wouldn't be in violation of "commercial advertising", but I could be wrong...

    Moreover, have any of you guys ever made a video promoting a CPA offer (using Animoto)?

    Also, is the service free, or do you have to pay? Also, can you download video's from their server to your computer for free, or do you have to pay to do that?




    One of my first strategies was video to CPA. Now whether it fits within Animotos TOS, it probably doesnt. I am not confirming nor denying my use of Animoto

    What I will say is that video to CPA does work. I know for 100% fact that you can make decent money doing it because I have. For those of you who have heard me and my Power of Numbers theory, this is actually where it originated. I made money by literally how many videos I created, not the quality of videos.

    Its not a rocket science strategy but it does take work and a lot of effort.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2332140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author badboy_Nick
    Well

    You can do pretty much ANYTHING when you do CPA. The trick is not to get caught if you do shady stuff, but why would you want to send garbage traffic? I know it may be cheaper, but the ocnversions for the merchant will be terrible.

    IMO, you always want to keep yoru merchant happy ... that way, you will be rewarded with higher payouts and never pull up a red flag with a network either.

    Tip: Try to go direct with merchants instead of thru a network ... you make much more money this way

    Nick
    Signature
    Read my incredible story: www.affiliatechamp.co.uk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2332193].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author subse7en
      Originally Posted by Univee View Post

      I'd also like to hear from anyone, with good experience in video+CPA+$$$ conversions, in regards of animoto use.
      When I saw animoto slideshow video teh first time I was so impressed. So slick and quality, I thought. Now, using it quite a lot I can say, that you cannot replace value with just slick motion slides.

      Dunno, when I finalized the video I liked it. It seemed the public didn't. People don't believe that in order to take action or I miss something and therefore a good showcase of convertable video is severely needed here.

      POWER OF NUMBERS. TOP piece of advice is to go in for bulk domination. But if you do slick crap content, as someone commented my animoto vids on youtube, there's no point of multiplying th crap load of 1-click remix videos. PLease comment this as well.

      Some more thoughs. As we can easily research the 1st youtube page - there's much total stupidity crap, but with crazy numbers of views. No slick stuff almost, just something absolutely dumb, crazy or sexy. Pretty much of a dissapointment fro those design oriented and esthetic vulnerable marketers that want to get it packed with Hollywood trailer quality.

      Animoto is definitely good tool, but there's much of a straight, dumbass approach needed to get conversions.

      Please add some experience here if you got any in the field of video+CPA-> conversions.
      Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

      One of my first strategies was video to CPA. Now whether it fits within Animotos TOS, it probably doesnt. I am not confirming nor denying my use of Animoto

      What I will say is that video to CPA does work. I know for 100% fact that you can make decent money doing it because I have. For those of you who have heard me and my Power of Numbers theory, this is actually where it originated. I made money by literally how many videos I created, not the quality of videos.

      Its not a rocket science strategy but it does take work and a lot of effort.
      Originally Posted by badboy_Nick View Post

      Well

      You can do pretty much ANYTHING when you do CPA. The trick is not to get caught if you do shady stuff, but why would you want to send garbage traffic? I know it may be cheaper, but the ocnversions for the merchant will be terrible.

      IMO, you always want to keep yoru merchant happy ... that way, you will be rewarded with higher payouts and never pull up a red flag with a network either.

      Tip: Try to go direct with merchants instead of thru a network ... you make much more money this way

      Nick
      Thanks guys for the replies; but still, since we aren't really selling anything with the average CPA offer (because their free leads), shouldn't that mean that we wouldn't be in violation of promoting anything for " commercial purposes"?

      By the way; is the service free, or do you have to pay? Also, can you download video's from their server to your computer for free, or do you have to pay to do that too?

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2333830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Premium Wordpress
    I have had much more luck using simple review type videos for CPA conversions. I pay people to do reviews for me and even some of the most pathetic reviews where the guy was obviously reading from a script (and very poorly) made me money on YouTube. Flashy animoto videos look impressive but they don't convert well, at least in my experience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2333926].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dean Martin
      Originally Posted by Premium Wordpress View Post

      I have had much more luck using simple review type videos for CPA conversions. I pay people to do reviews for me and even some of the most pathetic reviews where the guy was obviously reading from a script (and very poorly) made me money on YouTube. Flashy animoto videos look impressive but they don't convert well, at least in my experience.
      Agreed - simple people doing even crude reviews work best for CPA offers.

      Animoto does work! But for the offline market - they are enamored w/the slick videos and w/a little promotion Google will rank them front page

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2333938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author subse7en
    LOL guys, thanks for the replies, but still, don't forget to answer these questions that I previously posed:

    Thanks guys for the replies; but still, since we aren't really selling anything with the average CPA offer (because their free leads), shouldn't that mean that we wouldn't be in violation of promoting anything for " commercial purposes"?

    By the way; is the service free, or do you have to pay? Also, can you download video's from their server to your computer for free, or do you have to pay to do that too?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2334014].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenster
      Originally Posted by Premium Wordpress View Post

      I have had much more luck using simple review type videos for CPA conversions. I pay people to do reviews for me and even some of the most pathetic reviews where the guy was obviously reading from a script (and very poorly) made me money on YouTube. Flashy animoto videos look impressive but they don't convert well, at least in my experience.
      Originally Posted by subse7en View Post

      LOL guys, thanks for the replies, but still, don't forget to answer these questions that I previously posed:

      Thanks guys for the replies; but still, since we aren't really selling anything with the average CPA offer (because their free leads), shouldn't that mean that we wouldn't be in violation of promoting anything for " commercial purposes"?

      By the way; is the service free, or do you have to pay? Also, can you download video's from their server to your computer for free, or do you have to pay to do that too?



      I agree. Animoto videos dont generally convert as well as other types of videos, but when you can pimp out 10x or 100x the number of 'regular videos', then the power of numbers can trump the conversion rate difference. Everybody will have their own way of doing video marketing though.


      I still think its seen as a 'commercial' purpose, because its not for personal use. Its not a video we are sending to our buddies, its a video getting unknown traffic ultimately to our CPA offers. I haven't read the actual terms anytime recently, but I would assume it somehow violates it somehow. Could be wrong.

      There are also a few versions of it, at different costs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2334119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Premium Wordpress
    @ dlmartin,

    I do have to admit this is an impressive video and does add value and educates the viewer. Are you able to get them ranked in Google? Great voice over btw.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2334497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamiedot
    in answer to the original poster, you asked is there a price tag attached to animoto and the answer is YES if you dont want their animoto logo showing on your vids (the example shown above is a perfect illustration of no logo) and the price is circa $250 p.a. or $99 for 3 months trial.

    if youre ok about their logo appearing at the the end of your vid, the product is FREE.

    t.o.s. violations - bit of a tough call there - you need to make your own decision on that. besides, i havent checked as i dont use the free version.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2334786].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author subse7en
      Originally Posted by jamiedot View Post

      in answer to the original poster, you asked is there a price tag attached to animoto and the answer is YES if you dont want their animoto logo showing on your vids (the example shown above is a perfect illustration of no logo) and the price is circa $250 p.a. or $99 for 3 months trial.

      if youre ok about their logo appearing at the the end of your vid, the product is FREE.

      t.o.s. violations - bit of a tough call there - you need to make your own decision on that. besides, i havent checked as i dont use the free version.
      Thanks Jamie for the reply! BTW, so as long as I don't mind the ANIMOTO Logo showing up in my video (which I don't), I can use/create video's for free? Also, how long do the video's have to be before they start charging a fee, or does it matter in the first place?

      Last but not least, do they charge anything to download video's to your hard drive to upload to YouTube?

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2334921].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kenster
        Originally Posted by subse7en View Post

        Thanks Jamie for the reply! BTW, so as long as I don't mind the ANIMOTO Logo showing up in my video (which I don't), I can use/create video's for free? Also, how long do the video's have to be before they start charging a fee, or does it matter in the first place?

        Last but not least, do they charge anything to download video's to your hard drive to upload to YouTube?


        What a lot of people do (again it violates the terms) is have the free version (limited to 30 sec i believe) and then they download the video and take out the animoto logo at the end.

        Again, this is not advised as it violates the terms. If you are using their software free, why not give them credit...along with the music, assuming you are using any of the songs they provide.

        Its free for the vids and you can have unlimited...last time I checked.


        check out their site though for all the ins and outs
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335218].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ringoli
          Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

          What a lot of people do (again it violates the terms) is have the free version (limited to 30 sec i believe) and then they download the video and take out the animoto logo at the end.

          Again, this is not advised as it violates the terms. If you are using their software free, why not give them credit...along with the music, assuming you are using any of the songs they provide.

          Its free for the vids and you can have unlimited...last time I checked.


          check out their site though for all the ins and outs
          Hi Ken,

          You just bring a lot information, can I ask you what element include in your video? say how long it is?

          As my spoken english is poor, I am wondering you are only using background music or you will have a script with slide show.

          Thanks
          Ringo
          Signature

          Visit me at Hong Kong Internet Marketing Promotion site

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335372].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kenster
            Originally Posted by ringoli View Post

            Hi Ken,

            You just bring a lot information, can I ask you what element include in your video? say how long it is?

            As my spoken english is poor, I am wondering you are only using background music or you will have a script with slide show.

            Thanks
            Ringo

            Hi Ringo,

            Videos can vary in length, and I had no set time at all. Included in the video is normally the graphic slides (pictures) music, and then text slides.

            The text slides are the key to your success. Its the marketing message. The point is to convince people to click to your offer/site. This is where the creativity comes in because you dont want to SELL to hard or else people wont visit.

            I like to say you want to TEASE the viewer. Let the site/offer page sell them.

            Best, Ken
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2337242].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Shane F
              The $30 a year option says not for "commercial use" in the TOS. What that means they are a little vague. Anyone have any trouble using the lower priced option for uploading to youtube and video distribution for affiliate promotions?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2337926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Univee
    Animoto is quality video tool. For your personal enjoyment, when you render any slideshow is perfect! It's always unpredictable how actually all images will be compiled along with music.

    It costs 30$ a year. When you have the full version for this money you can upload your own images, videos or use animoto's set of img and vids as well. Besides they have many soundtracks of different genres:from top pop and r'n'b to oldies.

    You can add your own images, videos, music or any other mp3 files as speech whatever.

    The length is unlimited, but when you upload a lot it might take a lot of time to get rendered. One time it took an hour to render somth.

    Don't get upset, when Animoto tells you, that they fix some issues with their engine and you cannot use their service. It happens very rarely and afterwards all your finalized vids will remain stored in your account.

    What else... before uploading to youtube I always cut the ending with animoto sign.
    It seems to me if you are just starting there won't be much noise from anywhere, before you get any big, to rip your wallet off, relying on TOS or laywers. Of course, legitimacy and white hat is a must, but these little cuts in your videos won't make difference now.

    P.S. As soon as your video is ready you can export it with a sign to youtube and it takes seconds. You can download it to your PC. Also there are ptions to edit it:change any part of it manually or ONECLICK method and you will get the same sequence in a slightly different way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335540].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author subse7en
      Originally Posted by Univee View Post

      Animoto is quality video tool. For your personal enjoyment, when you render any slideshow is perfect! It's always unpredictable how actually all images will be compiled along with music.

      It costs 30$ a year. When you have the full version for this money you can upload your own images, videos or use animoto's set of img and vids as well. Besides they have many soundtracks of different genres:from top pop and r'n'b to oldies.

      You can add your own images, videos, music or any other mp3 files as speech whatever.

      The length is unlimited, but when you upload a lot it might take a lot of time to get rendered. One time it took an hour to render somth.

      Don't get upset, when Animoto tells you, that they fix some issues with their engine and you cannot use their service. It happens very rarely and afterwards all your finalized vids will remain stored in your account.

      What else... before uploading to youtube I always cut the ending with animoto sign.
      It seems to me if you are just starting there won't be much noise from anywhere, before you get any big, to rip your wallet off, relying on TOS or laywers. Of course, legitimacy and white hat is a must, but these little cuts in your videos won't make difference now.
      Hey UniVee, I thought it was like $250+ (or something like that) a year to use Animoto, instead of just a measly $30, big bro'? I hope you're right, because if so, I'll be buying that package SOON!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Univee
    Hello,

    http // animoto com/pricing

    Check it out, 30$ is the same as you get for $250. As long as you can add your own music and cut the ending - don't see any reasons to squander funds being in startup mode or a newbie.

    P.S. The only thing is difference in quality of videos, i.e. resoulution. DVD vs poorer dpi vid render. But now it doesn't count at all. Look at the crap with 1000000000000 views in youtube

    P.P.S. If you are fond of video marketing you can pm me and send me your email (the thing is that I cannot pm you in return, because of posts number under 50). I'll tell you more and maybe we'll make it work somehow in the future in a great manner. Feel free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335677].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author autoblogcreator
    animoto is a good and cheap deal
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2335695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seantrepreneur
    So If I'm understanding this correctly, I create one video (weather it be the free version or paid) and I hit render 100 (random number) times which well create 100 unique videos and then upload all of them to YouTube?? Or am I totally off on this?

    Sean
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2338523].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenster
      Originally Posted by Seantrepreneur View Post

      So If I'm understanding this correctly, I create one video (weather it be the free version or paid) and I hit render 100 (random number) times which well create 100 unique videos and then upload all of them to YouTube?? Or am I totally off on this?

      Sean

      Sort of off. It renders and then you can re-render. Its not like you put in the number 100 and it will render 100 different vids.

      Multiple browsers....:p:p:p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2339014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seantrepreneur
    Sort of off. It renders and then you can re-render. Its not like you put in the number 100 and it will render 100 different vids.

    Multiple browsers....:p:p:p
    Ya I think we are talking about the same thing. I meant that you could actually render it 100 times and have 100 videos to upload. You know what I mean? I don't think I did a good job explaining myself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2339053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Univee
    Animoto doesn't change the sequence of your images, videos preset. What it does is just different effect of animation. That's not very different.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2340107].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenster
      Originally Posted by Univee View Post

      Animoto doesn't change the sequence of your images, videos preset. What it does is just different effect of animation. That's not very different.

      Yep, but once a video is rendered, you can literally add one slide, change the music, or delete slides in 10 seconds. Then just re-render and it will be more different than the one-touch rendering.

      ken
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2342196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Univee
    To Seantrepreneur:

    cannot reply from inside the WF PM area. (not enough number of posts yet)
    You got AIM - so I replied to get in touch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2340943].message }}
  • i think the best video marketing is using whiteboard stop motions edited on after effect.it's really works for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9056977].message }}

Trending Topics