I Have read many of you asking what it takes to be approved by a network, and a program within a network.
I manage a few campaigns in the large networks for several online merchants, so I'll share with you my view on what you need to get approved:
1. You MUST have a real site, even if you are using social media/ forums/PPC for to promote products. I advise you all to take the time and create an OK looking website.
2. Use your real name for both registering your website, and for signing up at the network. We do check WhoIs on occasion.
3. Blogs with one or no entries are not acceptable. Make sure you have at least 3 months of blog entries before you apply for any program.
4. The way you describe yourself in your application to the network MATTERS! Don't try to be funny, don't tell us all your past history.
Do tell us the methods you use as an affiliate.
5. Don't list anything under the incentive tab if you are not an incentive site, use it only if you do own a cashback or any other incentive type of site, if you don't - leave it empty.
6. Country DOES matter. Don't put an application if you reside in a country that is specifically restricted in the program terms.
7. A good network ranking is the best thing you can have, it can eliminate the need for any of the previous points mentioned.
After you get accepted, make sure to follow the program restrictions (especially the PPC bidding practices). Account managers have the option to leave feedback on your profile that is open to all. You do not want a bad rep there.
Hope this sheds some light for you guys.