by etidd
23 replies
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the midst of learning how to make my first websites correctly, and I'm wondering if anyone thinks there's money to be made by direct linking on ppv? If so, what industries/niches/categories would you suggest are the best?

I have a couple of recommendations from my aff. manager, but I wanted to see what the general consensus here is.
#direct #linking #ppv
  • Profile picture of the author CarlosG
    for direct linking try: zip/email submits
    also PPV traffic has converted well on squeeze page then redirect to aff link
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3250549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sshirdi
    In my whole experience direct linking only works with unsaturated targets even in any niches. Better to test different landing pages with common targets.
    Signature

    My best affiliate programs
    My best converting Clickbank Product - Adsense Websites
    FREE WEB 2.0 Blog At Ningler.com Ideal For Link Wheel.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3250796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Faizudin
    Direct linking does not convert well even with zip/email submit. I already try them. Better use landing page.
    Signature
    You Won't Know Unless You Try!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3250964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Firstrate
    You can make money for sure but in my experience it's very unstable and you're much better off using a landing page.

    If you definitely want to go down the DL route then dating can work well - research the demo of your offer site using Home | Quantcast and then target other similar dating sites for some easy profits. This works especially well internationally.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3252095].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Firstrate View Post

      You can make money for sure but in my experience it's very unstable and you're much better off using a landing page.

      .

      I wouldn't say its necessarily unstable. I've had very good success promoting without a landing page, it just all depends on testings and what the offer is. Biz Opps, and Financial offers usually do the best for me with PPV.
      Signature

      Conducive Media CPA Network | Est. 2010
      Reviews @ affiliatepaying.com/conducivemedia
      www.conducivecpa.com
      info (at) conducivecpa.com
      AIM: ConduciveMedia

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3254284].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author etidd
        Originally Posted by ConduciveStrategies View Post

        I wouldn't say its necessarily unstable. I've had very good success promoting without a landing page, it just all depends on testings and what the offer is. Biz Opps, and Financial offers usually do the best for me with PPV.
        what kind of tests can be done on PPV if you're direct linking?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3262648].message }}
        • Originally Posted by etidd View Post

          what kind of tests can be done on PPV if you're direct linking?
          Testings can be done with the actual offer itself, keyword bidding and URL bidding.
          Signature

          Conducive Media CPA Network | Est. 2010
          Reviews @ affiliatepaying.com/conducivemedia
          www.conducivecpa.com
          info (at) conducivecpa.com
          AIM: ConduciveMedia

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3270319].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3252551].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paullow
      What everyone else said is true.
      Direct linking can work.
      but its always better to use a landing page for PPV, even for zip/email submits.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3252775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    Use a landing squeeze page, build a list, send several offers to that list overtime.

    That business model is old and works to this day, yet few actually do it.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3253023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author etidd
    Thanks for all your responses. I have given thanks to worthy replies.

    I do have a further issue:

    I know a mature dating offer that converts by direct linking, but it's only for age 30 and older. Am I able to target by age on mediatraffic?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3253431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CarlosG
    Etidd, you can also try Plenty Of Fish to market to dating offers, never used it myself but heard a lot of good things about it. (join plenty of fish, then you'll instantly see some ads for dating offers - mostly all CPA offers) Demographics targeting is key in plenty of fish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3253542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rising_sun
    Banned
    I think I better sleep now It is quite late night can not concentrate any more. Sorry can not help you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3266455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mjMONEY
    Whats the best way go about building a landing page? Could anyone link me to a landing page example? I better start learning how to make one these.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3266563].message }}
    • Originally Posted by mjMONEY View Post

      Whats the best way go about building a landing page? Could anyone link me to a landing page example? I better start learning how to make one these.
      What I like to do is glance at other offer landing pages to get a general idea. You can do this by visiting odigger.com.
      Signature

      Conducive Media CPA Network | Est. 2010
      Reviews @ affiliatepaying.com/conducivemedia
      www.conducivecpa.com
      info (at) conducivecpa.com
      AIM: ConduciveMedia

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3270327].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CarlosG
    A great PPV landing page should say something like

    Welcome "XXXX" Visitor
    as "if" your offer is part of the site they just landed on.
    also helps if it's super relevant.

    hope this helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3268492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KevScarb
    Originally Posted by etidd View Post

    Hello Everyone,

    I'm in the midst of learning how to make my first websites correctly, and I'm wondering if anyone thinks there's money to be made by direct linking on ppv? If so, what industries/niches/categories would you suggest are the best?

    I have a couple of recommendations from my aff. manager, but I wanted to see what the general consensus here is.
    If you are going to do cost per view traffic, then do it right. As already stated, creating your own landers is the right way to go.

    The more you can control on your own tests the better. Your aff manager will tell you the niches and offers that work, but this not really a secret, look at any network and you see the same things. The big question is can you make your offer / pop stand out and get attention to the visitor more than the next guy ?. If you don't/ then you join the majority who lose money at this. Get right and the join the select few who enjoy big returns, but I will tell you that the latter don't get there by direct linking to the offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3270375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by etidd View Post

    Hello Everyone,

    I'm in the midst of learning how to make my first websites correctly, and I'm wondering if anyone thinks there's money to be made by direct linking on ppv? If so, what industries/niches/categories would you suggest are the best?

    I have a couple of recommendations from my aff. manager, but I wanted to see what the general consensus here is.
    You can still make money direct linking, but you NEED to find a niche that has very small competition
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3270410].message }}
    • Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      You can still make money direct linking, but you NEED to find a niche that has very small competition

      Exactly......
      Signature

      Conducive Media CPA Network | Est. 2010
      Reviews @ affiliatepaying.com/conducivemedia
      www.conducivecpa.com
      info (at) conducivecpa.com
      AIM: ConduciveMedia

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3270420].message }}
  • You don't need any landers whatsoever. I've made a ton of money with PPV without any landers of my own. However, before you waste your time creating one or getting one made; do the testings without one first. If everything pans out alright, then create one. I will agree that it can possibly ramp up your earnings, but test the offer out first to see if it even converts somewhat at all.
    Signature

    Conducive Media CPA Network | Est. 2010
    Reviews @ affiliatepaying.com/conducivemedia
    www.conducivecpa.com
    info (at) conducivecpa.com
    AIM: ConduciveMedia

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3270417].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CarlosG
      Originally Posted by ConduciveStrategies View Post

      You don't need any landers whatsoever. I've made a ton of money with PPV without any landers of my own. However, before you waste your time creating one or getting one made; do the testings without one first. If everything pans out alright, then create one. I will agree that it can possibly ramp up your earnings, but test the offer out first to see if it even converts somewhat at all.
      Yes this has worked out for us as well.
      next step is to get more urls and split test landing pages (after you find a winner without lander)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3271436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joseph bison
    If your direct linking make sure the offer page size fits within the pop up constraints, if not create a lander specifically for that offer but if your doing a lander it maybe be worth capturing the email and then redirecting the user to the cpa offer.

    Another thing is with direct linking is that exit pop up wont get approved so the lander maybe a better solution. Good Luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3271950].message }}

Trending Topics