How Do I Outsource Flyers Distribution?

24 replies
The thing is, I'm a Nigerian. I can't share flyers here because the leads would not count as good leads - because they need to be US leads, right?

So, how do I outsource that. How am I sure that the person I hire will do the job just the way I'd have done it? Like they say, "If you want something done well, do it yourself." How do I approach this?

In the case that it's not going to work, what online method - apart from ppc - can I adopt that will give me the same results as flyers?

Lastly, what will the cost be like? That may not be neccessary, but I had to ask.

Thanks for your inputs.
#distribution #flyers #outsource
  • Profile picture of the author BudgetSEO
    Post an ad on CL.org and do a split payment.
    You really have to be involved into the deal through a phone talk or a personal meetup (if he/she stays in your local area)
    Signature
    Let me Secure your wordpress website for the price of a small Pizza
    Weather Balloons Election Supplies
    If you need the ''cheapest'' quote, don't waste your time contacting me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3725785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author big steve
    Originally Posted by MrWhistler View Post

    The thing is, I'm a Nigerian. I can't share flyers here because the leads would not count as good leads - because they need to be US leads, right?

    So, how do I outsource that. How am I sure that the person I hire will do the job just the way I'd have done it? Like they say, "If you want something done well, do it yourself." How do I approach this?

    In the case that it's not going to work, what online method - apart from ppc - can I adopt that will give me the same results as flyers?

    Lastly, what will the cost be like? That may not be neccessary, but I had to ask.

    Thanks for your inputs.
    Maybe try FIVERR.COM. You can outsource flyer marketing and alot of other things for just 5dollars.

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3726351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Headfirst
    As mentioned above, check CL but also look online for handbill distribution.

    I have a local company I've worked with in the past that does great work. The going rate is $80/m with a 5m minimum.

    Oh, and most of the companies doing this are run out of print shops or are related to print shops, so FYI they use roman in their quoting and pricing not metric, so that 5m is 5,000 pieces.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3726490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Just answered your question at UIM

    As I said, I will send you over a free report I have regarding this exact thing. Hit me up
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3728096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JasonWestwick
      Craigslist and fiverr are easily accessible and you could find someone dependable for a good price, always check reviews and ask for photo's for proof of distribution.

      There are a number of companies within the US who will deliver flyers for you, have a good look around on google, prices can fluctuate massively.
      Signature
      JOIN THE CPA FREEDOM BOOTCAMP!!!!

      Everything you need to know about making money with CPA!!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3729180].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ghostinthemachine
        Do NOT do a revenue split, as the person putting them out is not dumb and will figure out how to get 100% for themselves.

        Ideally, I would do a split test on CL by offering a teaser ad, and a full description.

        Let people know they must have a GPS device to prove flyers went out.

        However, pay them well. Make them want to do good work for you. Tell them $10 per man hour to start while on probation, and $10 per hour plus bonus after that.

        Let them know that area covered (more flyers out), as determined by GPS, will be the determining factor if you keep them around. Also let them know you have 3-4 other people competing for 1 position... competion works wonders for people who are paid well and motivated.

        But how would I know? Because I ran a flyer business for many years, and I am starting back only strictly for clickbank and CPA offers.

        Any questions, just ask. I had plenty of help from other warriors around here, so it's my turn.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3751496].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kenster
          Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine View Post

          Do NOT do a revenue split, as the person putting them out is not dumb and will figure out how to get 100% for themselves.

          Ideally, I would do a split test on CL by offering a teaser ad, and a full description.

          Let people know they must have a GPS device to prove flyers went out.

          However, pay them well. Make them want to do good work for you. Tell them $10 per man hour to start while on probation, and $10 per hour plus bonus after that.

          Let them know that area covered (more flyers out), as determined by GPS, will be the determining factor if you keep them around. Also let them know you have 3-4 other people competing for 1 position... competion works wonders for people who are paid well and motivated.

          But how would I know? Because I ran a flyer business for many years, and I am starting back only strictly for clickbank and CPA offers.

          Any questions, just ask. I had plenty of help from other warriors around here, so it's my turn.


          I did a revenue split flyer campaign mostly through Craigslist about 2 years ago and had 100+ people doing flyers on a commission/revenue split schedule. Was making some great money and had somebody doing all the busy work of organizing everything.


          I'm not saying the people were too dumb to get 100% for themselves because I'm sure plenty of them went off and did exactly that, but there are plenty of people that are willing to do it for the rev split because they don't know anything about internet marketing, affiliate marketing or anything. I had 100+ people at any given time consistently and paid different amounts, but for the Netflix offer, I was doing $15 commission on a $25 payout. So the sub affiliates ended up doing well as well.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3754485].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jeffrey73
          I think you're giving these guys looking for work on CL more credit than they deserve. Half the people on the Warrior Forum have trouble getting into a CPA network. So how are non-affiliate marketers going to figure it out? I also believe that the majority of them are also weary of screwing up a good thing. Of course there will always be some that figure it out, but that will always be that way.

          And if you pay them $10 an hour you're putting YOUR money on the line. What makes you think they won't just dump them the first chance they get? I know that when I personally am working for incentive, I care a LOT more than when working hourly. $10 is NOT good money ( at least to anyone working in the U.S. ).

          Not to mention they are getting the better end of the deal, or so it appears that way anyway. THEM = $15 YOU = $10

          Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine View Post

          Do NOT do a revenue split, as the person putting them out is not dumb and will figure out how to get 100% for themselves.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3755283].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author paulie888
            Originally Posted by jeffrey73 View Post

            I think you're giving these guys looking for work on CL more credit than they deserve. Half the people on the Warrior Forum have trouble getting into a CPA network. So how are non-affiliate marketers going to figure it out? I also believe that the majority of them are also weary of screwing up a good thing. Of course there will always be some that figure it out, but that will always be that way.

            And if you pay them $10 an hour you're putting YOUR money on the line. What makes you think they won't just dump them the first chance they get? I know that when I personally am working for incentive, I care a LOT more than when working hourly. $10 is NOT good money ( at least to anyone working in the U.S. ).

            Not to mention they are getting the better end of the deal, or so it appears that way anyway. THEM = $15 YOU = $10
            Exactly, the typical person on Craigslist or a job site knows next to nothing about affiliate marketing and CPA networks. You're giving them a tremendous opportunity to earn a significant amount of money they could not earn elsewhere at an average job...the industrious people with initiative could run with this and make a lot of money for themselves, also benefiting you in the process!

            The average Joe wouldn't even know how to apply to a CPA network, so don't adopt that scarcity mentality by asserting that you shouldn't do a rev split. It is truly a win-win proposition, especially when you get the right people involved!
            Signature
            >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3755308].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ghostinthemachine
            Originally Posted by jeffrey73 View Post

            I think you're giving these guys looking for work on CL more credit than they deserve. Half the people on the Warrior Forum have trouble getting into a CPA network. So how are non-affiliate marketers going to figure it out? I also believe that the majority of them are also weary of screwing up a good thing. Of course there will always be some that figure it out, but that will always be that way.

            And if you pay them $10 an hour you're putting YOUR money on the line. What makes you think they won't just dump them the first chance they get? I know that when I personally am working for incentive, I care a LOT more than when working hourly. $10 is NOT good money ( at least to anyone working in the U.S. ).

            Not to mention they are getting the better end of the deal, or so it appears that way anyway. THEM = $15 YOU = $10
            My response was based on YEARS of a business that strictly did flyers, not one month, not two months, but years.

            I wil put my money on the line, as I have and did very well with it, if I have some way controlling the outsource.

            But I think you guys might be right on a few things, as I was rethinking flyer distribution method and peoples motivations. Of course, nothing beats trial and error, and I plan on doing quite a bit of that in the coming months.

            You are right, $10 is not good money. Definitely not to anyone here on WF. What is does do is motivate people who have a security mentality. This is not speculation. It also keeps them around for awhile and they do good work, when motivated properly.

            I never had anyone dump my flyers while getting paid by the hour, but I have had at least six instances where my flyers were dumped when paid by the flyer... the incentive being more flyers=more money.

            However, I have not tried paying people by straight commission yet.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3766510].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Kenster
              Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine View Post

              My response was based on YEARS of a business that strictly did flyers, not one month, not two months, but years.

              I wil put my money on the line, as I have and did very well with it, if I have some way controlling the outsource.

              But I think you guys might be right on a few things, as I was rethinking flyer distribution method and peoples motivations. Of course, nothing beats trial and error, and I plan on doing quite a bit of that in the coming months.

              You are right, $10 is not good money. Definitely not to anyone here on WF. What is does do is motivate people who have a security mentality. This is not speculation. It also keeps them around for awhile and they do good work, when motivated properly.

              I never had anyone dump my flyers while getting paid by the hour, but I have had at least six instances where my flyers were dumped when paid by the flyer... the incentive being more flyers=more money.

              However, I have not tried paying people by straight commission yet.

              I never had to worry about people dumping flyers. The people printed out and distributed the flyers on their own so it was in their best interest to distribute them.

              But I guess it really depends if you are doing tabbed flyers, leaflets, sizzle cards, or traditional flyers.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3767118].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Ghostinthemachine
                Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

                I never had to worry about people dumping flyers. The people printed out and distributed the flyers on their own so it was in their best interest to distribute them.

                But I guess it really depends if you are doing tabbed flyers, leaflets, sizzle cards, or traditional flyers.
                You paid straight commission then?
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3768616].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Kenster
                  Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine View Post

                  You paid straight commission then?

                  I've tried a lot, but my best "outsourced" flyer campaign was straight commission. I did something like 60-65% commission depending on the offer. When I did the Netflix flyer campaign a while ago I was doing $15 commission on a payout of between $22-$24

                  Straight commission, no base
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3783133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Acumen
    You could look at placing ads in the classified section of newspapers that are local to the area you are targeting. Also, like Budget SEO said, you can use Craigs List. These are good ways to target a certain area.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3751586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelromero63
    Try fiverr dot com. There are people there posting jobs to hand out your flyers for $5. You won't regret checking them out. Also you could find work on fiverr if that was in you bag of tricks for creating income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3757006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imback
    Very simple use Fiverr


    CHAD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3757078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ehustler
    I would recommend posting an ad of free classified sites such as Backpage, Craigslist, Kijiji, and US Free Ads. You can also pay $5 and get someone to do it for you on Fiverr.com. Microworkers mamy be another good site to outsource work that you need done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3759385].message }}
    • Well I am interested in doing an offline/flyer distribution campaign in the states. My Question here is how much to pay the distibutor and on which basis: per hour? per flyer?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3760955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Traffic Eagle
    I was extremely disappointed with the gigs I purchased on Fiverr for leaflet distribution - just a complete waste of money. Kenster's idea of doing a revenue split is possibly the best way to do this outwith your area although advertising locally and finding people you can trust is ultimately better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3761016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEODude
    Try Freelancer.com or Elance

    There is probably people on there who would do this in US etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3766555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imback
    I have used Fiverr with some success. I know a few of you have said you had terrible results, but the key here is to make sure you are dealing with someone who provides proof. I always ask them to send me pictures of the flyers distributed


    CHAD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3766660].message }}

Trending Topics