Is there such a thing as stealing in CPA?

14 replies
I mean, is it possible that someone can steal some of the leads that came from your website? Like, we were only given a tracking URL right? Can someone just easily change it or something? I asked because I am just curious why there are clicks in my ads but I am not getting conversions, is it possible that it's not registering as mine or something?

If this situation happens, how can we avoid it? Btw, is there a way to "mask" network URLs without using bit.ly or something? Is that were creating a landing page becomes useful? Please help! Thanks everyone
#cpa #stealing #thing
  • Profile picture of the author cpazebra
    i think ,there are two possible , first , those offer didn't convert well , second , some one hack ur site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4498433].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonWestwick
    Just because you are getting clicks to your ads it does not mean they will convert, there are so many factors that can determine whether a viewer will convert or not.

    What is your traffic source?
    Are you direct linking or using a landing page?
    are you pre-selling the viewer effectively
    How strong is your copy
    How well does the offer convert for other affiliates
    How well does it convert for your traffic source??
    etc.

    As you can see all of these factors need to be taken into account when optimising your campaign for success.

    As Jeffrey advises scrubbing of your leads can happen, but before you go off and start blaming the network for a lack of conversions, simply have a look at what you're doing and how to improve it.
    Signature
    JOIN THE CPA FREEDOM BOOTCAMP!!!!

    Everything you need to know about making money with CPA!!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4498936].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author clarissa29
      Oh no, I'm not blaming the network, I'm still in the reality that my traffic is not enough and that what I've been doing still needs improvement. I'm just asking because I want to know what I need to know in order to avoid that...
      Signature

      Discover the system that made me $50 per day, in only after 3 days! Just click HERE

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4501938].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author clarissa29
      Originally Posted by JasonWestwick View Post

      Just because you are getting clicks to your ads it does not mean they will convert, there are so many factors that can determine whether a viewer will convert or not.

      What is your traffic source?
      Are you direct linking or using a landing page?
      are you pre-selling the viewer effectively
      How strong is your copy
      How well does the offer convert for other affiliates
      How well does it convert for your traffic source??
      etc.

      As you can see all of these factors need to be taken into account when optimising your campaign for success.

      As Jeffrey advises scrubbing of your leads can happen, but before you go off and start blaming the network for a lack of conversions, simply have a look at what you're doing and how to improve it.
      Oh no, I'm not blaming the network, I'm still in the reality that my traffic is not enough and that what I've been doing still needs improvement. I'm just asking because I want to know what I need to know in order to avoid that...
      Signature

      Discover the system that made me $50 per day, in only after 3 days! Just click HERE

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4501998].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordanberg2311
    jeffrey73 just nailed it there.

    No one can steal your leads. Only advertisers can. They sort of take certain leads into account so you lose x amount of leads. You never know in your end. If you split test it, you'll find out very soon
    Signature
    PM Me For Your PPC AdWords Help
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4499138].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author COPEAC Steve
      Clarissa - The Motorcycle website in your signature, is that the website and location of the ad's you're referring to?

      I so, you have an offer from Peerfly way below the fold on the very bottom of the page. You also have email submits for free I-pad's and a car insurance offer, but your website and content is all about motor cycles so the issue may be that the users are just not interested in filling out those forms.

      Have you looked for offers related to motor cycles?

      Always remember to place ad's that are relevant to the topics being discussed. If you're referring to another website, let us know what the domain is so we can give you some feedback.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4499916].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author clarissa29
        Originally Posted by COPEAC Steve View Post

        Clarissa - The Motorcycle website in your signature, is that the website and location of the ad's you're referring to?

        I so, you have an offer from Peerfly way below the fold on the very bottom of the page. You also have email submits for free I-pad's and a car insurance offer, but your website and content is all about motor cycles so the issue may be that the users are just not interested in filling out those forms.

        Have you looked for offers related to motor cycles?

        Always remember to place ad's that are relevant to the topics being discussed. If you're referring to another website, let us know what the domain is so we can give you some feedback.
        Thank you for this advice. Hmmm.. I'm going to remove it. The site is pretty new and still not driving traffic so I'm really not thinking that Peerfly is doing something :confused:

        I think I need to rephrase my question, can I cloak links, should I create my own landing page, or using my blog okay? I mean I am just scared that I am doing something wrong that 's why it's not converting and I want to do something about it as early as now, not that I am thinking that they are shaving or anything because I lurve Peerfly, really...
        Signature

        Discover the system that made me $50 per day, in only after 3 days! Just click HERE

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4501977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by clarissa29 View Post

    I mean, is it possible that someone can steal some of the leads that came from your website? Like, we were only given a tracking URL right? Can someone just easily change it or something? I asked because I am just curious why there are clicks in my ads but I am not getting conversions, is it possible that it's not registering as mine or something?

    If this situation happens, how can we avoid it? Btw, is there a way to "mask" network URLs without using bit.ly or something? Is that were creating a landing page becomes useful? Please help! Thanks everyone
    It's not uncommon to have clicks but no conversions, unfortunately this business isn't as easy as throwing up an ad and instantly profiting.. how big is your sample size? what have you split tested?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4500335].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author clarissa29
      Honestly, I do not know how to answer this question. I guess I still don't know half of what I'm doing.
      Signature

      Discover the system that made me $50 per day, in only after 3 days! Just click HERE

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4501954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aphazel
    I heard some affiliate networks can and some actually do this, I just read it in a forum. I'm still researching myself on how to combat this potential problem.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4502171].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jeffrey73
      Chris, Jason, and Jordan are completely dead on-point.

      It is MUCH, much harder than to throw up an ad and start profiting. In fact, I'm tired of these guys saying you'll make THOUSANDS instantly by doing one simple thing. Not gonna happen, sorry.

      It's more like fail multiple times before you actually even find something that has potential to work. Then you expand upon it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4502375].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author clarissa29
        Originally Posted by jeffrey73 View Post

        Chris, Jason, and Jordan are completely dead on-point.

        It is MUCH, much harder than to throw up an ad and start profiting. In fact, I'm tired of these guys saying you'll make THOUSANDS instantly by doing one simple thing. Not gonna happen, sorry.

        It's more like fail multiple times before you actually even find something that has potential to work. Then you expand upon it.
        Thanks. Yup, the guys are right. But I ain't giving up.
        Signature

        Discover the system that made me $50 per day, in only after 3 days! Just click HERE

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4518509].message }}

Trending Topics