Want to Try Paid Advertising... How Little can I start With to Test the Waters?

10 replies
Hi Everyone,

I would like to start experimenting with sending paid traffic via Adsense or Facebook to some of my websites. What I would like to know is, how low can I start with, in order to experiment a little before committing allot of money at once. If I see I have some success with a small amount I can simply upscale my ad spend.

I listened to a Frank Kern Webinar last night where he mentioned that he started in IM by simply sending paid traffic to sites selling ebooks so it obviously works if done right.

Any other tips you might have would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

#advertising #paid #start #waters
  • Profile picture of the author mahmode
    This thread maybe can help answer your question

    http://www.warriorforum.com/ad-netwo...per-click.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4912586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnRowe
      Originally Posted by mahmode View Post

      This thread maybe can help answer your question....
      Thanks. Just checked it out. Seems to have some helpful tips over there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4912669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnRowe
    Oops. I see I posted in the wrong Forum. Sorry guys. Should have been in the Adsense / PPC / SEO Discussion Forum.

    Oh well, we live and learn.

    Maybe the Mods will move it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4912617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    There isn't a set budget but there is a very likely chance that you will lose a bit of money before you find anything successful.

    I would suggest picking up a cheap course or doing a lot of research here on WF to learn all the ins and outs of PPC before you jump in. There is still a good chance you will lose money, but at least it wont be as bad.

    best of luck...let us know how it goes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4913323].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnRowe
      Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

      There isn't a set budget but there is a very likely chance that you will lose a bit of money before you find anything successful.

      I would suggest picking up a cheap course or doing a lot of research here on WF to learn all the ins and outs of PPC before you jump in. There is still a good chance you will lose money, but at least it wont be as bad.

      best of luck...let us know how it goes
      Will definitely be diving into PPC & is prepared to lose a little to learn allot. I think often just trying something is perhaps the best way to learn.

      I'd be happy to get a decent course on PPC though. As you said, it might make the initial losses a little (or a lot) less.

      Do you have any recommendations on a PPC course that is current as well?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914517].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kenster
        Originally Posted by JohnRowe View Post

        Will definitely be diving into PPC & is prepared to lose a little to learn allot. I think often just trying something is perhaps the best way to learn.

        I'd be happy to get a decent course on PPC though. As you said, it might make the initial losses a little (or a lot) less.

        Do you have any recommendations on a PPC course that is current as well?

        PPC-Coach is probably the best community out there for PPC marketers...been around for years and Coach is a member here
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author s62731
    I have found that you need to send 200 people before you can make a judgment on it's success or not. You might get no buyers in the first hundred, but 5 in the second. And you wouldn't have gotten them if you stopped at 100 clicks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by JohnRowe View Post

    Hi Everyone,

    I would like to start experimenting with sending paid traffic via Adsense or Facebook to some of my websites. What I would like to know is, how low can I start with, in order to experiment a little before committing allot of money at once. If I see I have some success with a small amount I can simply upscale my ad spend.

    I listened to a Frank Kern Webinar last night where he mentioned that he started in IM by simply sending paid traffic to sites selling ebooks so it obviously works if done right.

    Any other tips you might have would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

    Honestly, it would probably work better if you told us your background and budget and then we could give suggestions on how to get started
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4923907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author f5mtadas
    Originally Posted by JohnRowe View Post

    Hi Everyone,

    I would like to start experimenting with sending paid traffic via Adsense or Facebook to some of my websites. What I would like to know is, how low can I start with, in order to experiment a little before committing allot of money at once. If I see I have some success with a small amount I can simply upscale my ad spend.

    I listened to a Frank Kern Webinar last night where he mentioned that he started in IM by simply sending paid traffic to sites selling ebooks so it obviously works if done right.

    Any other tips you might have would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.


    First of all you need quality service or products, not crappy. Than secondly learn how to find target audience by doing lots of testing. You need to learn firstly how to do testing with different paid traffic like PPC, PPV and so on. ALso it depends how much per sale and how much per click -
    it is just a numbers game
    Signature

    Free 10 Binary Options signals from 75 to 94 success rate!
    1-3 per day. You can extend it to 2 months with 0 COST.
    30% monthly profit GUARANTEE! Skype: tadas.luksys

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4925005].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnRowe
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Honestly, it would probably work better if you told us your background and budget and then we could give suggestions on how to get started
      I have been building websites for clients for about 6 years now. I have always been using SEO to organically rank client sites as well as my own but lately I have been thinking about how PPC and PPV could be used to get immediate traffic until organic rankings kick in and gets me to 1st in Google.

      I have very recently started building a few Adsense/Amazon niche sites, as well as some Profit Storm sites. I even have a few Turnkey sites in the works for flipping.

      Thing is I do not know much about the finer points of PPC to know that this is something that still works quite easily.

      I do not want to start with a huge budget in case this does not work or can it always work if enough tweaking is done?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4934330].message }}

Trending Topics