Facebook Weight Loss Related Ad Approved? Anyone?

35 replies
Hello,

has anyone gotten their weight loss related facebook ad approved?
#approved #facebook #loss #related #weight
  • Profile picture of the author harrisunderwork
    You can too get it approved if your landing page is within TOS.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5843799].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mystery777
      Originally Posted by harrisunderwork View Post

      You can too get it approved if your landing page is within TOS.
      How did you know my prob is related to the landing page?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5843898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nickdamodda
    Cloak! Cloak! Cloak!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5846285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mystery777
      Originally Posted by nickdamodda View Post

      Cloak! Cloak! Cloak!
      ?? Care to explain how and why the need?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873676].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jenspringer
        Help me out here, what is TOS and cloak cloak cloak mean?

        I have been trying to get weight loss ads approved for over a week - dozens of revisions to no avail.

        I have run ads w/ Facebook before and suddenly they have disapproved all of my past ads, rejected any attempt for me to re-submit after editing, and sent me a threatening to revoke my account email.

        They don't tell you why it's rejected, just "read our policies".

        I have copied ads verbatim that are already running and using my pic as the image.

        Very frustrating.

        Thanks,
        Jen
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6010689].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author harrisunderwork
          Originally Posted by jenspringer View Post

          Help me out here, what is TOS and cloak cloak cloak mean?

          I have been trying to get weight loss ads approved for over a week - dozens of revisions to no avail.

          I have run ads w/ Facebook before and suddenly they have disapproved all of my past ads, rejected any attempt for me to re-submit after editing, and sent me a threatening to revoke my account email.

          They don't tell you why it's rejected, just "read our policies".

          I have copied ads verbatim that are already running and using my pic as the image.

          Very frustrating.

          Thanks,
          Jen
          Does you product offers true value of its money ? Do people really lose weight or its just a marketing gimmick ? The reason facebook does not approve such ads because you have no real value to provide.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6011697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustinDupre
    The reason Facebook isn't too fancy on weight loss/diet products and things like biz op is because they offer a lot of fluff. Take this pill and lose 20 pounds in a week. Buy my software and make 10000 this week.

    You need to have a legitimate product/service that works, with a clear target, with real testimonials (again, another reason FB hates the niche). They know BS when they see it, so if your landing page has any, it'll simply be disapproved. But without seeing your offer or LP, I can't say for sure what the issue is.
    Signature
    I offer CPA coaching and investment opportunities for those SERIOUSLY interested in making money directly or indirectly with affiliate marketing. PM me for details.


    Read More about CPA/Affiliate Marketing on my Blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6011266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author speedylikesKJ
    Originally Posted by Mystery777 View Post

    Hello,

    has anyone gotten their weight loss related facebook ad approved?
    are you direct linking ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6011648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Manoj V
    Use an offer that sound authentic and is realistic. If you go with an offer that promises the moon but may be of no benefit at all Facebook will not approve the ad. Even if it gets approved it will be flagged down by the community and Facebook is very user driven.

    You should preferably use a landing page that conforms to their guidelines
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6011740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jenspringer
    No, my product is not a gimmick. I have been marketing these products offline for 10 years and have built a million dollar business. Solid products that work. As we all know, there is no such thing as get rich or lose weight quick!!!

    I am truly a nutrition expert, I have a Masters Degree and a practice!

    This was my ad:
    Free Online Workshop
    This Tuesday at 1 EST nutrition expert Jen Springer reveals the secrets to Your Ideal Weight. See you there. Click here to register.

    "Your Ideal Weight" is the webinar name (I changed it from "Your Perfect Weight" thinking the word PERFECT was a problem).

    I directed them to thebestweightlosstea.com/ideal-weight so they could watch more and then register. Terms of use is a check box on the registration form. I tell them what there going to get for registering and who may contact them (me or a member of my team).

    I have put the above into iframe as well, no approval. I have tried arrows, no arrows, capitalizing, no capitalizing.

    I really only do have 50 spots available, that is no lie. Paying for the next webinar package up is a huge jump in price!!!

    I have to be missing something.

    Thank you everyone for your input.

    Jen

    PS, I am a liar to some degree. You can lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks if you do my Stored Sugar Flush. It works only for the insulin resistant people and it's really challenging for the person doing it. I have brought dozens of clients through that experience. Unfortunately we won't get rich with that one, one just needs to go to the grocery store and get the right foods!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6013722].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harrisunderwork
      Originally Posted by jenspringer View Post

      No, my product is not a gimmick. I have been marketing these products offline for 10 years and have built a million dollar business. Solid products that work. As we all know, there is no such thing as get rich or lose weight quick!!!

      I am truly a nutrition expert, I have a Masters Degree and a practice!

      This was my ad:
      Free Online Workshop
      This Tuesday at 1 EST nutrition expert Jen Springer reveals the secrets to Your Ideal Weight. See you there. Click here to register.

      "Your Ideal Weight" is the webinar name (I changed it from "Your Perfect Weight" thinking the word PERFECT was a problem).

      I directed them to thebestweightlosstea.com/ideal-weight so they could watch more and then register. Terms of use is a check box on the registration form. I tell them what there going to get for registering and who may contact them (me or a member of my team).

      I have put the above into iframe as well, no approval. I have tried arrows, no arrows, capitalizing, no capitalizing.

      I really only do have 50 spots available, that is no lie. Paying for the next webinar package up is a huge jump in price!!!

      I have to be missing something.

      Thank you everyone for your input.

      Jen

      PS, I am a liar to some degree. You can lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks if you do my Stored Sugar Flush. It works only for the insulin resistant people and it's really challenging for the person doing it. I have brought dozens of clients through that experience. Unfortunately we won't get rich with that one, one just needs to go to the grocery store and get the right foods!
      You'r really problem is unprofessional landing page.

      You should create a blog style page or a fan page.

      PS : You should not advertise if you don't anything to provide.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6014556].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author indexphp
    I can't even get weight loss ads targeting Mexico approved right now. If they don't want to sell me Mexican traffic, it makes me think they aren't allowing weight loss as a whole right now, especially if you're an affiliate. Some people may be able to get their ads through, but it seems like Facebook is scrutinizing affiliate weight loss ads hard right now (and for good reason )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6014646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jenspringer
    Harrisunderwork, that you for your input.

    I have a fan page, they wouldn't approve those except they approved one of my ads that used Dr. Oz's name - which technically isn't legal!

    They won't approve a normal ad, but one that stretches legality they will.

    I copied a landing page almost verbatim except different niche that was already approved by Facebook. That's why I thought it would be safe. It is on my blog, just no header.

    Nothing to provide? A 45 minute free webinar on how to lose weight is nothing? I just finished the event using my list only and had over 100 people on. I'm not big time, but I was happy with that number. They are introduced to ways of eating and products they can use in the webinar to keep weight off. I say that in the video on the landing page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6015353].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harrisunderwork
      Originally Posted by jenspringer View Post

      Harrisunderwork, that you for your input.

      I have a fan page, they wouldn't approve those except they approved one of my ads that used Dr. Oz's name - which technically isn't legal!

      They won't approve a normal ad, but one that stretches legality they will.

      I copied a landing page almost verbatim except different niche that was already approved by Facebook. That's why I thought it would be safe. It is on my blog, just no header.

      Nothing to provide? A 45 minute free webinar on how to lose weight is nothing? I just finished the event using my list only and had over 100 people on. I'm not big time, but I was happy with that number. They are introduced to ways of eating and products they can use in the webinar to keep weight off. I say that in the video on the landing page.
      What I am trying to say is create a landing page in blog style. Or you can use bait and switch (not long term).

      There is no point in saying what is approved, because there are various conditions determining that.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6015738].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jenspringer
        Got it! I will try next time I do a webinar to do that.

        I easily can keep it in blog style, I am not trying to shiest people - I truly want them to learn why they can't control their weight and how to fix it. I am a professional and not marketing some gimmick that will be taken off the market in 6 months.

        Facebook makes it very hard to understand what they are looking for. You can't disapprove everything based off of 3 lines of "policy" and maybe a picture illustrating. That's total crap. They should host webinars or whatever. Like "Facebook University" so people can learn.

        So many people are frustrated and want to do the right thing and have no idea how.

        They also need to be consistant with policy.

        Rome fell, so can Facebook.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6016371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JC Web
    @jenspringer Your domain name may also be part of the problem. The best weight loss tea sounds like it could be very similar to many known scam products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6017784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by Mystery777 View Post

    Hello,

    has anyone gotten their weight loss related facebook ad approved?
    As long as its within facebooks TOS. But with that being said it is much harder than it used to be.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6017922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pentimento
    Well I have another question I do not have any problem to run ads on FB almost for free (with little trick it's costing me free)

    about weight loss related or any kind of stuff (african mango, perfume, replica stuff some other kind of products)

    But most of them doesn't bring any profit, and i do not know what to promote or sell.

    Do you have any advise about what to sell or promote on FB ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6028563].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mystery777
      Originally Posted by Pentimento View Post

      Well I have another question I do not have any problem to run ads on FB almost for free (with little trick it's costing me free)

      about weight loss related or any kind of stuff (african mango, perfume, replica stuff some other kind of products)

      But most of them doesn't bring any profit, and i do not know what to promote or sell.

      Do you have any advise about what to sell or promote on FB ?
      Do you mind sharing with us the type of weight loss product you are promoting on FB? Are you an affiliate?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6038496].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RhysEvans
        Originally Posted by Mystery777 View Post

        Do you mind sharing with us the type of weight loss product you are promoting on FB? Are you an affiliate?

        Why would anyone share their offer? Find your own and make it work...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6040672].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mystery777
          Originally Posted by RhysEvans View Post

          Why would anyone share their offer? Find your own and make it work...
          I haven't asked for the specific offer. Rather the "type" and whether or not he is an affiliate or owns the product. Besides, as you can tell from posts above, FB doesn't seem to like my offer and many others' offers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6042019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travelerjim
    I had one rejected too, but they said it was the image, which was not risque at all.....
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6031647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustinDupre
    What harris is telling you to do is basically going to get your account banned unless you've got access to an amazing cloaker. I would never recommend running a news style/blog style lp full of fake testimonials unless you don't care about burning through Facebook ads accounts.
    Signature
    I offer CPA coaching and investment opportunities for those SERIOUSLY interested in making money directly or indirectly with affiliate marketing. PM me for details.


    Read More about CPA/Affiliate Marketing on my Blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6036915].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Acquinity
      Have you tried resubmitting your original ads? Facebook does what they want, when they want. I've set up ads, had them denied...resubmitted and had them approved. It really depends on who is looking at your ads...

      I agree the domain may send red flags...it reminds me of an old Wu-Yi Tea offer that was a very popular rebill diet offer.

      I would try resubmitting and see if a different set of eyes ends up approving them though.

      Best of luck
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6036953].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mystery777
        Guys.... don't waste your time.

        I've found out the hard way. It is about the niche, nothing else.

        I am not direct linking. I'm not promising the moon. My ads are as neutral and to be honest, "boring", as can be.... just to avoid any excuses from facebook to reject them.

        I've even copied ads that they have already approved and are provided as examples (which also suit my product), but no use. My product isn't a gimmick, and there are many people satisfied with it. My landing page is professional and follows their TOS to the letter. Yet, Still, I get immediately rejected everytime.

        That being said, I AM an affiliate and don't personally own the product.

        I've come to the conclusion that there are certain weight loss products (especially ones with aff programs) that facebook doesn't like. Almost all of them. YET, I sense they do carry some sort of deals behind the doors with the owners of these products (or "special" affiliates perhaps) to run theirs and brush away others.

        I am not very sure about this, but this makes more sense from what I have experienced, especially since I've seen the same product being promoted on facebook by others with less professional landing pages and even ads that break one or two of their TOS.

        BTW: Even tried linking to a fanpage I've created instead of linking to my domain. Got rejected as well.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6038466].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6043335].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harrisunderwork
      Originally Posted by RyanEagle View Post

      You need to cloak to get those ads approved.
      Genuine products don't need cloaking unless the product itself is scammy/fishy.

      Cloaking is never recommended in long run.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6043351].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author theodorus13
        I wish I had read this before trying to promote on facebook myself. The product was about eyesight improvement and I got rejected every time. I've tried with serious pictures, eye catching pictures..same result, rejected without any clear explanation.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6083964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adam2526
    ya going to need to cloak to get any decent ad on thier approved, I am sure you can slip one in but not anything that will have ctr, or cr, going to need to cloak it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6086216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yerrato
    Facebook banned my account for trying to run a campaign for my weight loss webinar... I tried running 10 variations of an ad that looked something like this...

    Need help losing weight?
    Free online seminar reveals 3 helpful tips for losing weight. Enter your email to register.

    Facebook kept rejecting the ads because the landing page didn't match the ad... Supposedly, but it was just a webinar registration page.

    Keep trying but be careful, they will ban your account for no real reason.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6107549].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kevinennis
      I know a friend of mine is getting diet ads approved somehow and has been doing so for months and is making a killing on FB using a cloaker.

      Me personally, They approved my ad, then banned my account 22 clicks later.
      On another account, they didn't even check the landing page, they just disapproved it out right.

      I'm actually looking for a working adwords cloaker and I would be willing to let anyone use my facebook cloaker which works 100%.

      The funny thing is, I was so sure my cloaker was working, I even spent the time to track down one of the manager's over at facebook and get him on the phone. Its almost as if they are AGAINST ANYTHING DIET.

      Unless you are the producer/manufacture of said product itself which is ironic because my friend was right next to me while I had the FB guy in speaker and he just proceeded to check his prosper the clicks kept rolling in.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6147414].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author harrisunderwork
        Originally Posted by kevinennis View Post

        I know a friend of mine is getting diet ads approved somehow and has been doing so for months and is making a killing on FB using a cloaker.

        Me personally, They approved my ad, then banned my account 22 clicks later.
        On another account, they didn't even check the landing page, they just disapproved it out right.

        I'm actually looking for a working adwords cloaker and I would be willing to let anyone use my facebook cloaker which works 100%.

        The funny thing is, I was so sure my cloaker was working, I even spent the time to track down one of the manager's over at facebook and get him on the phone. Its almost as if they are AGAINST ANYTHING DIET.

        Unless you are the producer/manufacture of said product itself which is ironic because my friend was right next to me while I had the FB guy in speaker and he just proceeded to check his prosper the clicks kept rolling in.
        Maybe the fb users don't like your ad at all.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6150015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    Don't use the word "secrets" in the ad copy they don't really like that.

    Cloaking is probably the best way to get the weight loss stuff going on FB now.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6147515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ZephyrIon
    Just use the eBook in my sig. Approved no matter what it is.
    Signature
    See the life of a real affiliate on Instagram https://instagram.com/ckrecicki
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7492760].message }}

Trending Topics