I've got a couple of years of SEO affiliate marketing under my belt and I do ok, but I'm keen to limit my exposure to random Google algorythm changes and would like to dip my toe into the CPA water.
As per usual it seems as though you each have your own individual methods but after reading a bunch of threads I want to validate if my understanding is correct:
At a very basic level, is this a worthwhile approach??
- Find a product that I think will convert (on Clickbank or similar)
- Identify a demographic the product will appeal to
- Rent some ad space on a website that is visited by the target demographic (via buysellad.com or similar)
- Design a banner that will compel the viewer to click
- Earn commission when visitors click my ad and make a purchase
- Earn profit when commission revenue outweighs the cost of the ad space
- Measure, refine, repeat
I'm guessing that this process should ideally also involve capturing email address and building up a list for re-sells etc?
Do people do this, or am I missing something??
I'd appreciate your comments!