Best Campaign Tracking Tool

30 replies
Hi,

Can someone give me a few campaign tracking software names or tools or even websites to track CPA campaigns run via PPV networks please...

Ron....
#campaign #tool #tracking
  • Profile picture of the author BradGibson
    cpvlab.com

    imho the best option.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7125088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author supertova
      good luck, let me know how that one works out
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7125094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author locke815
    Google URL Tracking Tool. But you need to have a google analytic first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7126402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheZafraGroup
    For any tracking I do online, I use hypertracker.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7128404].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cram
      I've been using bevo as my tracking platform.

      also now we can shorten the tracking url with bitly withing bevo
      http://i.imgur.com/BciS5.png
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7128512].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7130189].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dayne Dylan
      Banned
      QUESTION...

      Let's say I find a dating site that has an affiliate program, and I want to use PPV or even PPC to target sites in that niche.

      How can I track which ones actually convert since the only thing I can get from the company are my affiliate URL's? I can't place a pixel or anything on their site, etc.

      I hope I'm making sense...

      Thanks!
      Signature
      Create and Differentiate. Illuminate Your Buyers Need or Wants. Grow Rich.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7130233].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dan Grossman
        Originally Posted by Dayne Dylan View Post

        QUESTION...

        Let's say I find a dating site that has an affiliate program, and I want to use PPV or even PPC to target sites in that niche.

        How can I track which ones actually convert since the only thing I can get from the company are my affiliate URL's? I can't place a pixel or anything on their site, etc.

        I hope I'm making sense...

        Thanks!
        With subids, custom query string parameters you can add to your affiliate link that show up in your commission report. A proper affiliate marketing tracking tool will give you a unique link to use with each ad you place, and that link will generate a unique subid each time someone clicks it so that those commissions can be linked back to their source.
        Signature
        Improvely: Built to track, test and optimize your marketing.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7131758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by Ron Ansy View Post

    Hi,

    Can someone give me a few campaign tracking software names or tools or even websites to track CPA campaigns run via PPV networks please...

    Ron....
    If you're just getting started - start off with prosper202 (free), if you have more experience, then check out cpvlab (paid)..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7130827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dennyto1013
    hipertracker .com is the best to track . all cpv
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7131748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dayne Dylan
    Banned
    Much appreciated Dan, do all the tracking programs mentioned in this thread easily do this?
    Signature
    Create and Differentiate. Illuminate Your Buyers Need or Wants. Grow Rich.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7131915].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Grossman
      Originally Posted by Dayne Dylan View Post

      Much appreciated Dan, do all the tracking programs mentioned in this thread easily do this?
      I can say that some of them don't, but I haven't tried the rest.

      HyperTracker's website is right out of the late 1990s. Still mentions advertising on GoTo, the predecessor to Overture that was acquired by Yahoo! in 2003. Hasn't existed since 2001... you'd think they could update their product and website at least once in 11 years considering it's a product with a monthly fee?
      Signature
      Improvely: Built to track, test and optimize your marketing.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7131925].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dayne Dylan
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post

        I can say that some of them don't, but I haven't tried the rest.

        HyperTracker's website is right out of the late 1990s. Still mentions advertising on GoTo, the predecessor to Overture that was acquired by Yahoo! in 2003. Hasn't existed since 2001... you'd think they could update their product and website at least once in 11 years considering it's a product with a monthly fee?
        Would you mind sharing the ones that do?
        Signature
        Create and Differentiate. Illuminate Your Buyers Need or Wants. Grow Rich.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gpwilson
    Hipertracker would be the best solution for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hd2000
    cpvlab all the way
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7135210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hd2000
    wordtracker is a tracker ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7141918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Grossman
      Originally Posted by hd2000 View Post

      wordtracker is a tracker ?
      Kinda sorta. WordTracker Strategizer links with a Google Analytics account to pull in campaign tracking data the rebundle it into custom reports on search keyword "niches".
      Signature
      Improvely: Built to track, test and optimize your marketing.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7221763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joshadams
    I don't understand why anyone would pay for a campaign tracking tool. All you need to do is track the visitors to your website with a simple PHP script that writes IP, date and referrer (or whatever other data) to a file for each visitor. Now the info is on your server and indisputable and you can manipulate it for reporting software later and don't have to worry about a third party software screwing up your data (or even sharing your data with them).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7142327].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Grossman
      Originally Posted by joshadams View Post

      I don't understand why anyone would pay for a campaign tracking tool. All you need to do is track the visitors to your website with a simple PHP script that writes IP, date and referrer (or whatever other data) to a file for each visitor. Now the info is on your server and indisputable and you can manipulate it for reporting software later and don't have to worry about a third party software screwing up your data (or even sharing your data with them).
      I don't think you've actually ever used a campaign tracking tool and know what they offer. Your little script wouldn't do anything useful. That info's already in your server access logs.
      • What about attributing revenue to traffic sources?
      • What about identifying the specific ads, keywords, landing pages that generated the conversions?
      • What about breaking down the performance by referring domain, country, state, city, day of week, time of day?
      • What about cohort analysis to see changes in conversion rates and revenue based on the day/week/month of the initial visit of each group of visitors?
      • What about funnel analysis -- what percent of visitors sign up for a trial then upgrade, or sign up for a newsletter then buy a product -- and segment that funnel by traffic source, by ad, by landing page, by country, etc?
      • What about being able to identify visitors even when their IP changes or they share an IP with other people behind a proxy? Assuming it won't means your stats are going to be completely wrong 20% or more of the time. If you can't accurately keep track of who's who, you can't accurately link sales to the previous visits leading up to that conversion.

      This is the kind of thing people are paying for. They pay for it because it pays them back a thousand times over every month. If you spend any significant amount of money on marketing and aren't tracking these things, you're flying blind and throwing away money because you can't tell which of your efforts and spend are producing results and which are just money down the drain.

      You're not looking for vanity metrics like how many hits you got from some IP or referrer. You want actionable metrics like these:
      • Your AdWords campaign is generating a 118% return on investment
      • You could increase the conversion rate of your AdWords campaign by 7% by adding a negative keyword for "auto"; you can see in your keywords report that all the clicks from searches including the word "auto" through broad match are non-converting
      • Visitors who enter your site through a Facebook post then return through a search query spend 53% more than those who come from a paid ad
      • You should post on your company's Facebook Page on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as your CTR and conversion rates from Facebook specifically are highest on those days
      • Your free-to-paid conversion rate on your membership site is 44% higher from people that originally signed up from a guest blog post than those that signed up through an AdCenter ad, so you should focus more time on guest posts
      • You're only targeting US but getting a lot of non-converting traffic from India on your PPC campaign with that new company; you need to talk to your ad rep or cancel the campaign

      Get the idea?
      Signature
      Improvely: Built to track, test and optimize your marketing.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7142860].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rackspace
        Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post

        I don't think you've actually ever used a campaign tracking tool and know what they offer. Your little script wouldn't do anything useful. That info's already in your server access logs.
        • What about attributing revenue to traffic sources?
        • What about identifying the specific ads, keywords, landing pages that generated the conversions?
        • What about breaking down the performance by referring domain, country, state, city, day of week, time of day?
        • What about cohort analysis to see changes in conversion rates and revenue based on the day/week/month of the initial visit of each group of visitors?
        • What about funnel analysis -- what percent of visitors sign up for a trial then upgrade, or sign up for a newsletter then buy a product -- and segment that funnel by traffic source, by ad, by landing page, by country, etc?
        • What about being able to identify visitors even when their IP changes or they share an IP with other people behind a proxy? Assuming it won't means your stats are going to be completely wrong 20% or more of the time. If you can't accurately keep track of who's who, you can't accurately link sales to the previous visits leading up to that conversion.

        This is the kind of thing people are paying for. They pay for it because it pays them back a thousand times over every month. If you spend any significant amount of money on marketing and aren't tracking these things, you're flying blind and throwing away money because you can't tell which of your efforts and spend are producing results and which are just money down the drain.

        You're not looking for vanity metrics like how many hits you got from some IP or referrer. You want actionable metrics like these:
        • Your AdWords campaign is generating a 118% return on investment
        • You could increase the conversion rate of your AdWords campaign by 7% by adding a negative keyword for "auto"; you can see in your keywords report that all the clicks from searches including the word "auto" through broad match are non-converting
        • Visitors who enter your site through a Facebook post then return through a search query spend 53% more than those who come from a paid ad
        • You should post on your company's Facebook Page on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as your CTR and conversion rates from Facebook specifically are highest on those days
        • Your free-to-paid conversion rate on your membership site is 44% higher from people that originally signed up from a guest blog post than those that signed up through an AdCenter ad, so you should focus more time on guest posts
        • You're only targeting US but getting a lot of non-converting traffic from India on your PPC campaign with that new company; you need to talk to your ad rep or cancel the campaign

        Get the idea?
        great post man!
        Signature

        Want to buy a good domain name for blog. If you have one, PM me with price.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kohldia
    I gotta agree CPVLab..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7153262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LukePeerFly
    I've had a lot of my publishers switch from Prosper202 to CPVLab. I haven't tried it yet myself, but apparently it's the best and the responses in this thread seem to agree
    Signature

    ^ My Blog

    Are you an affiliate that runs PPV advertising? You need my PPV target scraper!
    Have a Facebook Page? FPTraffic, manages over 1,000,000,000 (BILLION) Likes! Check it out :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7153421].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author benq99
    CPVLab FTW, then prosper202
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7157085].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author getseoonline
    go with bevomedia dude they have a good tracking system
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7163429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blogformoney
    I love Prosper202, but I am going to check out CPV Lab now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7166359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketwarrior06
    Banned
    I think CVP lab is good for PPV campaigning.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7228617].message }}

Trending Topics