How to move Prosper202 to other domain?

7 replies
Hello,

I want to move prosper202 from old-domain.com to new-domain.com
I found some blog/forum posts explaining the procedure, but there are a couple things I am not clear about:

After I copy prosper installation files to the root of new-domain.com and install prosper using the same database as for old-domain.com:
1) do I need to change all the landing page codes (steps #6 "Get LP code") and tracking links (step #7 "Get Links" ) so that exisiting campaign using those would start working (tracking) on the new-domain.com?

2) if I leave prosper202 on both old and new domain and continue to use old and new LP codes and tracking links, will there be no conflicts between the two prosper's? I mean will they both write into the same database successfully and will I be able to see all tracking data no matter whether I logged in into old-domain or new-domain P202 admin panel?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.

thank you
#domain #move #prosper202
  • Profile picture of the author vask
    If you copied the databases correctly, then your tracking links should stay the same. For example: DOMAIN1.COM/dl.php?t202id=123&4567 and DOMAIN2.COM/dl.php?t202id=123&4567 should reach the same page.

    Again, if you copied the databases correctly. I tried doing this once way back when I first started, I didn't know much about php or databases, but I messed it up and it stopped tracking for me. So I ended up doing a fresh install. Gave me a headache.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7314299].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iknowhow
      Originally Posted by viasq View Post

      If you copied the databases correctly, then your tracking links should stay the same. For example: DOMAIN1.COM/dl.php?t202id=123&4567 and DOMAIN2.COM/dl.php?t202id=123&4567 should reach the same page.
      What do you mean by "copying database"??
      As far as I understand - database stays the same, you don't 'copy' it. All I have to do I believe - is to specify the right user name and password for the old database when installing P202 on new-domain, isn't that right?!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7314454].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iknowhow
    Could anyone answer these please:

    1. If I want to install Prosper202 on new domain using existing P202 database from old domain - do I need to disconnect old domain from the database somehow to avoid conflict, and if I have to - how do I do that?

    2. Do I need to recreate all existing LP codes & tracking links so that they continue to work after the reinstallation on new domain?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7314825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by iknowhow View Post

    Hello,

    I want to move prosper202 from old-domain.com to new-domain.com
    I found some blog/forum posts explaining the procedure, but there are a couple things I am not clear about:

    After I copy prosper installation files to the root of new-domain.com and install prosper using the same database as for old-domain.com:
    1) do I need to change all the landing page codes (steps #6 "Get LP code") and tracking links (step #7 "Get Links" ) so that exisiting campaign using those would start working (tracking) on the new-domain.com?

    2) if I leave prosper202 on both old and new domain and continue to use old and new LP codes and tracking links, will there be no conflicts between the two prosper's? I mean will they both write into the same database successfully and will I be able to see all tracking data no matter whether I logged in into old-domain or new-domain P202 admin panel?

    I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.

    thank you
    You could need to fully unload the database and copy the files over.. if you do not need the historical data you can just start with a fresh install..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7315128].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iknowhow
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      You could need to fully unload the database and copy the files over.. if you do not need the historical data you can just start with a fresh install..
      Hi ChrisBa,

      The thing is that I do need the hystorical data and I want to transfer them into the new P202 site.
      So how do I 'unload' the database?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7316151].message }}
      • Hi

        Multiple domains can share the same database without any conflicts., so

        1) If you are not deleting anything on the old domain, you technically don't have to delete your old lp scripts etc. The onthing to watch out for is the cookies, needed for the conversion pixels. If domainA sets the subid cookie, domainB will have no access to it so conversions will not automatically fire. Hover if you are using server to server postback urls or downloading a csv for manual uploading you don't have to worry.

        2) Correct, both domains will function fine. All the data will be merged into the one database, and you can use either domain to login to view stats.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7348874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iknowhow
    Nana Gilbert-Baffoe, thanks very much for explaining!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7373497].message }}

Trending Topics