Resveratrol - The Hottest CPA Offer....Because Oprah Said So!

45 replies
I recently posted a video on my blog about Resveratrol, which is a new medical breakthrough for anti-aging that is all the rage.

I decided I would share this here on the forum so everyone here can get an understanding how to think outside the box to make money online.

If you are new to CPA offers, here is how you can cash in by paying attention to people like Oprah. She has a huge influence and whenever she makes recommendations on her show, Internet search traffic skyrockets!

Basically in my video, I show the surge in traffic for the Wikipedia Article for Resveratrol.

Here is how to do it:

  1. Go to this site Wikipedia Article Traffic Statistics.
  2. Enter a Wikipedia Article Title. In this case type 'Resveratrol' and click go. Be sure that the box next to the one that says 'English' says '200903' which is the month and year you are looking at.
  3. If you look across the top of the chart, you will see the days numbered 1 - 31. You want to look at day 24. March 24th is the day that Dr. Oz talked about Resveratrol on Oprah's show.
  4. Look at the traffic trends and how the traffic spikes! WOW!
Resveratrol related offers are the hottest CPA offers right now. Much like when Oprah talked about **** Berry. The same thing happened and people made a lot of money. I know because I was one of them. Then it died out.

That is the thing about CPA's, you have to constantly find hot converting offers to make money on a continuous basis.

This is why you should be thinking outside of the box and stop using keyword tools to help you find keywords without any knowledge of the market. You need to understand what triggers your market to buy,then use tools to help you expand your keywords.

I also want to point out that the traffic numbers for Wikipedia is just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine all the other ways people could be searching for this product. Some people may not even search for the product, but when presented with the offer, they act because they remember it from Oprah or some other social proof that this is a good product.

Anyone else want to add to this? I'd love to hear others discuss some of your strategies.
#cpa #hottest #offer #offerbecause #oprah #resveratrol
  • Profile picture of the author teesee150
    Excellent idea on thinking outside of the box!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[663373].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by teesee150 View Post

      Excellent idea on thinking outside of the box!
      Thanks teesee150. Please share some of your experiences thinking outside the box.
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[663415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ripsnorta2
    Oprah is certainly a huge influencer of public opinion, and buying habits. It's amazing how much effect that earning your audiences trust has.

    I imagine the schedule and scripts for the Oprah show are some of the most highly guarded secrets on the planet. It would make Area 51 look like a gossip rag. I'd bet there are more than a few IMers who'd love to get their hands on what Oprah is going to be discussing 'next week.'
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[663633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeMorgan
    Originally Posted by Sipboy3000 View Post

    stop using keyword tools to help you find keywords without any knowledge of the market. You need to understand what triggers your market to buy,then use tools to help you expand your keywords.
    It is really nice idea on how to research to find out hot offers.

    I agree with you that , it is not always important to use keyword tools as a way to find what is hot .

    First , you should first explore market and then you can use keyword research tools to expand your keywords .

    Mike
    Signature
    CPA Game Changer - Coming Very Soon !

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[663805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArthurRose
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[664010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    I still can't stand watching Oprah though. I've got my wife taking notes anytime they start pimping a product though...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[664342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MLChelsea
    Awesome. What kind of volume have you generated thus far? Resveratrol definitly has the buzz right now... you should split test a few similar offers and see which one converts the best!
    Signature

    Chelsea
    Publisher Manager
    MarketLeverage
    chelsea@marketleverage.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[664450].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by Mike Morgan. View Post

      It is really nice idea on how to research to find out hot offers.

      I agree with you that , it is not always important to use keyword tools as a way to find what is hot .

      First , you should first explore market and then you can use keyword research tools to expand your keywords .

      Mike
      Thanks Mike.

      This is why I say keyword research should be defined as market research for online marketing. If you know the market you are in, your chances of success increases dramatically.

      Originally Posted by ripsnorta2 View Post

      I'd bet there are more than a few IMers who'd love to get their hands on what Oprah is going to be discussing 'next week.'
      Yeah ripnorta2, me being one of them!

      Originally Posted by Samos View Post

      Thanks great post, how do you suggest watching oprah when in europe ? Can you watch it online for free somewhere ?
      Hey Samos, John (TE2) gives you the perfect solution.

      Originally Posted by TE2 View Post

      Try this:

      Hulu - Videos

      Regards,

      John
      Hey John, great tip! Didn't realize I had other options other than taping it or watching everyday. Thanks!



      Originally Posted by just84 View Post

      Thanks great post
      You are welcome just84. Thanks for reading and giving some feedback.

      Originally Posted by MLChelsea View Post

      Awesome. What kind of volume have you generated thus far? Resveratrol definitly has the buzz right now... you should split test a few similar offers and see which one converts the best!
      Hey MLChelsea, volume is ridiculous if you are doing pay per click. I must admit though, its getting rather expensive because everyone is catching on.

      Since I only use pay per click to qualify the best keywords, I will be moving on because I plan to use other strategies.

      Hint: Use PPC to learn the "hot" keywords (the ones that convert), then use those keywords to build killer campaigns for all other styles of marketing to get free traffic. Works great for me.
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[664673].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Samos
        Thanks for trying to help.. But hulu is for USA only. When you try huly and are from europe you get tthis message: see attachemnt.

        Any other alternative ?
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[664900].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author INFOSEEKER-2009
        LOL ... But it Works ...

        Originally Posted by Sipboy3000 View Post

        Thanks Mike.

        This is why I say keyword research should be defined as market research for online marketing. If you know the market you are in, your chances of success increases dramatically.



        Yeah ripnorta2, me being one of them!



        Hey Samos, John (TE2) gives you the perfect solution.



        Hey John, great tip! Didn't realize I had other options other than taping it or watching everyday. Thanks!





        You are welcome just84. Thanks for reading and giving some feedback.



        Hey MLChelsea, volume is ridiculous if you are doing pay per click. I must admit though, its getting rather expensive because everyone is catching on.

        Since I only use pay per click to qualify the best keywords, I will be moving on because I plan to use other strategies.

        Hint: Use PPC to learn the "hot" keywords (the ones that convert), then use those keywords to build killer campaigns for all other styles of marketing to get free traffic. Works great for me.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[896876].message }}
  • i had no idea that Wikipedia tracked article stats. THANKS!
    Signature
    Prove Your Worth To Offline Business Owners
    Offliners... Why Offline Businesses Aren't Hiring You
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[664908].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by Samos View Post

      Thanks for trying to help.. But hulu is for USA only. When you try huly and are from europe you get tthis message: see attachemnt.

      Any other alternative ?
      Samos, maybe you can try using a proxy site. I'm not very familiar with them, but I hear that is how some people from outside the US gain access sometimes.

      Might be worth a try.

      Originally Posted by CompleteOnlineMarketer View Post

      i had no idea that Wikipedia tracked article stats. THANKS!
      Thanks for the feedback CompleteOnlineMarketer.
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[665002].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Robert Matthew
        I believe according to how Seth Godin explains it...Oprah is a sneezer, and what she sneezes about something most of North America is infected with the Virus. Gotta love that!

        I really don't watch oprah, but if you checkout here website...she has a section where she links to recommended products. Killer Campaign Ideas!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[665333].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
          Originally Posted by Robert Matthew View Post


          I really don't watch oprah, but if you checkout here website...she has a section where she links to recommended products. Killer Campaign Ideas!
          Thanks for this great tip. I didn't even realize that one!
          Signature

          Nothing here to see

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[665374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tx4closurepro
    sipboy..
    thx for the post; i called myself riding the conficker wave by creating a blog to run some traffic to cpa offers as a test; no profit thus far but i just did it a few days ago too but i didn't really put any real effort either, so that's to be expected.

    i should prolly do a few vidz i suppose at least.. but hey, i was thinking out the box, just got to execute better..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[666315].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by ben565 View Post

      The cpc on adwords is around $4 for keywords relating to this offer,makes it hard to make any real profit from it.
      Tip: Don't target "Resveratrol" keywords. Get to know the market who would actually buy this product. Once you know the market, its easy to go where they are online and put the offer in their face.

      All kinds of possibilities open up when you know the demographics of the potential consumer.


      Originally Posted by rickeriksen View Post

      I appreciate the heads up.
      Your are welcome.

      Originally Posted by tx4closurepro View Post

      sipboy..
      thx for the post; i called myself riding the conficker wave by creating a blog to run some traffic to cpa offers as a test; no profit thus far but i just did it a few days ago too but i didn't really put any real effort either, so that's to be expected.

      i should prolly do a few vidz i suppose at least.. but hey, i was thinking out the box, just got to execute better..
      Keep plugging at it and continue to think outside the box.

      As I have said many times before, when you understand your market and potential consumer base, all kinds of opportunities will present themselves.

      Good luck.
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[666337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Chandler
    Wikipedia stats? Nice thinking - I love it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[676270].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dblgdee
      Tip: Don't target "Resveratrol" keywords. Get to know the market who would actually buy this product. Once you know the market, its easy to go where they are online and put the offer in their face.
      This may be one of the keys, but how is this accomplished for an offer like Reserveatrol?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[735555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zerofill
    Actually the 60 Minutes report made a big deal out of Resveratrol when they talked about Sirtris...

    60 Minutes searches have been where massive amounts of our traffic has come from for Resveratrol for about 3 months...

    As far as **** Berry dieing out...Still very hot...We still make a killing off ****.

    Resveratrol though...The 60 minutes video was very convincing and added a lot of legitimacy in the minds of people.

    For those that never saw that video...it is everywhere.


    When we originally targeted ****...there were no keywords...
    You have to remember...common words like
    Buy, Review, Supplement, How to buy, where to buy...
    etc...are keywords that always get searched on new products. You don't need the search volume to show up to know those keywords will be searched.
    Signature
    Serp Shaker
    The IM World Will Be Shaken to the Core!
    Join my list at: IMCool.Biz
    New Podcast --> podcast.imcool.biz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[735582].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by dblgdee View Post

      This may be one of the keys, but how is this accomplished for an offer like Reserveatrol?
      It's simply doing market research to find out what demographic will benefit from or want this product the most.

      I can tell you really quick the main market is going to be women ages 35 and up. Now you have to be creative to find out how to get your offer in front of them.

      You can also follow the great advice of Donald in the post below your original one.

      Originally Posted by zerofill View Post

      Actually the 60 Minutes report made a big deal out of Resveratrol when they talked about Sirtris...

      60 Minutes searches have been where massive amounts of our traffic has come from for Resveratrol for about 3 months...

      As far as **** Berry dieing out...Still very hot...We still make a killing off ****.

      Resveratrol though...The 60 minutes video was very convincing and added a lot of legitimacy in the minds of people.

      For those that never saw that video...it is everywhere.

      YouTube - Drink To Your Health

      When we originally targeted ****...there were no keywords...
      You have to remember...common words like
      Buy, Review, Supplement, How to buy, where to buy...
      etc...are keywords that always get searched on new products. You don't need the search volume to show up to know those keywords will be searched.
      This is excellent advice! You actually gave me some ideas with this one. Thanks!
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[736499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lidango
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[737229].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author XShardx
      Excellent advice, Sipboy. And thanks for the link to a cool new tool.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[737597].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dblgdee
        Check the Imminst.org forum for more info.
        It's the immortality institute with a lots of info.
        enough to publish an article
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[738920].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author zerofill
          Originally Posted by dblgdee View Post

          Check the Imminst.org forum for more info.
          It's the immortality institute with a lots of info.
          enough to publish an article
          I've actually watched some of their videos with guest speakers before...

          Aubrey de Grey is a pretty unique individual...
          Signature
          Serp Shaker
          The IM World Will Be Shaken to the Core!
          Join my list at: IMCool.Biz
          New Podcast --> podcast.imcool.biz
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[739544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nora2biz
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[739634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brian.B
    Great tool, thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[743654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author freefor15.com
    I wrote an article about how Oprah was advertising my business for me and the traffic skyrocketed. The same thing is happening for reservatol since one of my products contains it.

    using social media and things that are going on are great and give me so many ideas

    use the celebrity way of generating press find whats popular and make some noise with it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[744196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shakul
    Nice idea...Another great contribution to WF
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[746858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affiliatesmiami
    sipboy- Great post man.

    Any of you cpa guys I have my own exclusive resv offer and I can payout as high as $40 per lead for those that can do some volume.

    PM me for details.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[751476].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by affiliatesmiami View Post

      sipboy- Great post man.

      Any of you cpa guys I have my own exclusive resv offer and I can payout as high as $40 per lead for those that can do some volume.

      PM me for details.
      Thanks for the tip. I have not checked this thread in over a month.

      Resveratrol has become extremely competitive really fast.

      The power of Oprah!
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[843891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ceeport8
    Thanks a lot Sipboy this is really helpful.

    ceeport8
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[852961].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by ceeport8 View Post

      Thanks a lot Sipboy this is really helpful.

      ceeport8
      Thanks ceeport8! Glad I could help.
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[869445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    you hit the nail on the head with your posting!

    There is just one problem: Once oprah mentions something like that you have a LITTLE time to look for offers and to promote - because it will become a "killer niche" (in a bad sense) *very* quickly with people outbidding each other and *extreme* competition. ****, Resveratrol...right now...HORRIBLE markets. You need to be really quick with this.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[884323].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post

      you hit the nail on the head with your posting!

      There is just one problem: Once oprah mentions something like that you have a LITTLE time to look for offers and to promote - because it will become a "killer niche" (in a bad sense) *very* quickly with people outbidding each other and *extreme* competition. ****, Resveratrol...right now...HORRIBLE markets. You need to be really quick with this.
      Hey GeorgR, thanks!

      You are right about having little time to find offers, but that is why you should think outside the box.

      If you are targeting keywords that everyone else is targeting, which are obvious, you will see tremendous competition. I have long since stop promoting offers in this way because the bidding gets outrageous.

      What you should do is understand the market for a particular product, find out where they are online, then go out and put the offer in their face. Much cheaper way to advertise and conversions are typically higher.

      I do it using the Content Network and buying banner placements.
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[894655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goforhunt
    No Doubts this is proving out to be one of the best Offer!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[909919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by goforhunt View Post

      No Doubts this is proving out to be one of the best Offer!
      I agree that it is a good offer for right now, but I see a decline is conversions lately.

      The Oprah juice may be wearing off.

      Originally Posted by INFOSEEKER-2009 View Post

      LOL ... But it Works ...
      Works great!
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[921307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eddie6149
    im giving out flyers to health food stores and tracking with a different url for each

    store in exchange for a little gift

    it's working pretty well, any thoughts on offline tactics!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[931918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by eddie6149 View Post

      im giving out flyers to health food stores and tracking with a different url for each

      store in exchange for a little gift

      it's working pretty well, any thoughts on offline tactics!!!
      This is an interesting concept. I have not tried the offline approach with CPA offers.

      You have sparked my curiosity so now I have to look into this one.

      I am going to test it to see what happens.

      Thanks
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[932656].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cash37
        This thread has proved helpful.

        Things to take away:

        • Media Buying May Be More Effective when CPC is too competitive
        • When "product" keywords are too expensive, cheaper, lateral keywords can be found that will convert
        • Offline tactics are effective if you can tap your demographic correctly
        • The people making the BIG money are pushing the big niches, follow the money flow
        • And finally, Oprah will single handedly create affiliate markets so be fast
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[932841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author curious19
    some nice ideas thrown in this thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[931977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eddie6149
      doing the same thing with the free gas card to gas stations

      just make sure you let the ad network know what ur doing

      since the leads will be coming from the same area
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[932045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlinerain
    I run a few uniqueleads.com has the highest paying one.
    and the conventions are sick
    $43+ for the trail one
    pm me if you have a better paying
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[940516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
      Originally Posted by Cash37 View Post

      This thread has proved helpful.

      Things to take away:

      • Media Buying May Be More Effective when CPC is too competitive
      • When "product" keywords are too expensive, cheaper, lateral keywords can be found that will convert
      • Offline tactics are effective if you can tap your demographic correctly
      • The people making the BIG money are pushing the big niches, follow the money flow
      • And finally, Oprah will single handedly create affiliate markets so be fast
      You have absolutely nailed it with this analogy!

      If anyone else is reading this thread, Cash37 just dropped a ton of golden nuggets on you.

      When I originally started this thread, my intention was just to show you how thinking outside the box can get you a jumpstart on the competition and make a ton of money in the process.

      Originally Posted by onlinerain View Post

      I run a few uniqueleads.com has the highest paying one.
      and the conventions are sick
      $43+ for the trail one
      pm me if you have a better paying
      Dude, that payout is absurd. I have to check them out.

      Thanks

      Tommie
      Signature

      Nothing here to see

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1013698].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author J Phelps
        Thanks for sharing information, Sipboy3000.

        As a person just getting into the industry I really appreciate it when someone does try to help others out.

        J!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1014142].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Sipboy3000
          Originally Posted by J Phelps View Post

          Thanks for sharing information, Sipboy3000.

          As a person just getting into the industry I really appreciate it when someone does try to help others out.

          J!
          Glad I could help!

          If you are just starting out, I would encourage you to think outside the box and not follow the crowd because there is an unlimited supply of cash to be made in the CPA industry.

          Try to be creative with your marketing and be sure to do it ethically.
          Signature

          Nothing here to see

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1046116].message }}

Trending Topics