PoF- Creative angles lead to zero conversions?

17 replies
Yes, it's me again
Got another questions on PoF.

The angles. Are you only using the obvious angles or are you taking the risk to think out of the box? What I mean: You're promoting a Christian offer to females. Are you just using the obvious angle that they will find the Christian man of their dreams bla OR are you also trying angles which don't have to do anything with the offer itself? For example promoting the same Christian offer and using the angle 'Find men who love football like you' (assuming of course that you target females who put football in their interests section).

I think the second option sounds way more interesting and there are tons of more different options, plus everyone is just using the normal obvious angles.
On the other hand, it could be risky- Let's say a female clicks on my 'Find a man who loves football like you' ad, gets to my landing page which also fits to the ad (men in football shirts or whatever) BUT also sees the name of my Christian offer there. Couldn't this directly make the user leave because he thinks 'How does this have to do with me looking for a man who likes football?'
Or at the latest, the user clicks through to the actual offer and then sees the page which doesn't show any men in football shirts anymore and show the name of the Christian offer again. So to sum it up, those creative angles could mean many clicks, but no conversions.

What do you guys think? What are your experience? How do you handle that problem?

Thanks!!
#angles #conversions #creative #lead #pof
  • Profile picture of the author seregap
    you should still base your angle around the niche, ie christian football lovers

    or chose a general dating offer and try whatever creative angle you can come up with
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7581740].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vMartin
      Originally Posted by saphiry View Post

      Yes, it's me again
      Got another questions on PoF.

      The angles. Are you only using the obvious angles or are you taking the risk to think out of the box? What I mean: You're promoting a Christian offer to females. Are you just using the obvious angle that they will find the Christian man of their dreams bla OR are you also trying angles which don't have to do anything with the offer itself? For example promoting the same Christian offer and using the angle 'Find men who love football like you' (assuming of course that you target females who put football in their interests section).

      I think the second option sounds way more interesting and there are tons of more different options, plus everyone is just using the normal obvious angles.
      On the other hand, it could be risky- Let's say a female clicks on my 'Find a man who loves football like you' ad, gets to my landing page which also fits to the ad (men in football shirts or whatever) BUT also sees the name of my Christian offer there. Couldn't this directly make the user leave because he thinks 'How does this have to do with me looking for a man who likes football?'
      Or at the latest, the user clicks through to the actual offer and then sees the page which doesn't show any men in football shirts anymore and show the name of the Christian offer again. So to sum it up, those creative angles could mean many clicks, but no conversions.

      What do you guys think? What are your experience? How do you handle that problem?

      Thanks!!
      Originally Posted by seregap View Post

      you should still base your angle around the niche, ie christian football lovers

      or chose a general dating offer and try whatever creative angle you can come up with
      THIS.

      Instead of your ad-copy saying "Find men who love football like you" you use something like "Christian Man That Love Football" and target Christian female singles that love football.

      But to be honest, I don't think this will bring the volume you are hoping for and there are much easier angles you can use.

      Don't over complicate your way of thinking... It's much more in your targeting then going overboard with creativity.

      For example:

      Jewish female and single on POF are "most likely" hoping to meet a single jewish guy.

      They are now on POF with a big mix religions that might fall outside of there comfort zone but still keeps them coming back looking for that mister right.

      If you provide these females with a Jewish only dating website you are already opening their eyes of a new/other possibility where they might see a higher chance finding that guy.

      A religion is a much more important decision then football for example.

      Will a 22 year old single jewish female care about the religion of the opposite sex? Is there a higher chance a 55 year old jewish female cares much more about the religion of the opposite sex and couldn't find a jewish only dating site?

      Only testing for data can answer that question for you.

      Target each group on it's own and track track track and use that data to make a good profit with POF.

      AGE 25 to 30, 31 to 35, 36 to 40, 41 to 45 etc etc, Login accounts.
      Signature
      PROMOTE OUR NEW PLATINUM CONVERTING OFFER
      AND SKYROCKET YOUR CONVERSION RATES THROUGH THE ROOF 2021!


      CLICK HERE AND FIND OUT Get up to $120 per sale
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7582639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author saphiry
    Yea, that was another of my concerns, that it wouldn't get me enough traffic.

    Obviously I also have a PoF account to see what the competition is doing- And just everyone is promoting offers like 'Meet Jewish/Christian men', 'Meet men who like curves' etc... just the obvious angles. So I'm also a little worried about too much competition.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7583115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustinWilson
    I think you should choose a general dating offer that converts good (ask your AM) and use your own angles. This way you will have a larger audience to target and you can use many different angles by being creative (less competition).

    Try to think of what exactly men and women are looking for as they are both in totally different mindsets and create your angle from there. I have had good success targeting a broad audience with a general dating offer by just thinking what each sex is looking for and create your LP based on that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7583162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    Keep stuff simple. There's a reason so many PoF ads look like complete crap - basic stuff works!
    Signature
    ÖŽ FindABlog: Find blogs to comment on, guest posting opportunities and more ÖŽ




    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7583745].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    AIDA

    It's older then the internet.

    A is Attention

    Get their attention.

    I is for Interest

    Find something that they're interested in.

    D is for Desire

    Tie that interest in with their desire.

    A is for Action

    Get them to take action.

    Angles are the AIDA principle in action.

    Affiliates ALWAYS want huge traffic that converts for pennies and think that they must target everything in a generic way to get it. Then when they blow through their $5 budget without a sale, they cry, "this traffic source doesn't work".

    Creativity is MORE important then targeting.

    It's the way you get people that others are not even thinking of CHEAPLY. You take their interests and desires and weave them together. You get their attention by hitting their emotional triggers. You KNOW that they want to date, they're on POF for the love of god. You even know their religion. So experiment with what other things they are interested in. Then get them to take action.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7584331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    Ok what your doing is good.

    But hit on more buying temperature things.

    Do you think someone is really like "Oh if I could only find someone who likes football "

    Probably not.

    Things like height can work, but they are over crowded. "Oh I am too tall, I just want a guy that is my height. "

    Just an example.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7586143].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
      Originally Posted by Greedy View Post

      Ok what your doing is good.

      But hit on more buying temperature things.

      Do you think someone is really like "Oh if I could only find someone who likes football "

      Probably not.

      Things like height can work, but they are over crowded. "Oh I am too tall, I just want a guy that is my height. "

      Just an example.
      I totally agree, I don't think the football angle would work, but at the same time this is why we need to test everything as we won't know what will or will not work until we try

      I'll drop a little hint here too - target people's insecurities
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7586918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author saphiry
    Thanks everyone!!

    Okay, let's say I decided for an offer to promote.. with how many angles do you usually start?
    Directly a couple of angles (for example divorced Jewish females, Jewish single moms, Jewish females who want a successful man, Jewish females with blonde hair) or just one angle and try differnt banners/ads on this one single angle (and later expand it to more angles)?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7589860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seregap
    any one of these might be successfull but wont give much volume i guess.
    with such a niche offer i would simply try sticking to sex and age group targeting and concentrate on finding winner images and ad copy for these groups.

    i havent tried myself so might be wrong but i think these's still not too much jewish traffic on pof, so if you go too deep you might have no volume at all
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7590550].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
      I can see the normal pattern here. "Don't do angles because there's no volume". True but the way around that is to do angles but do more then 1. If you're making $10 profit per day on one angle, could you make $100 profit per day on 10 angles? YEP.

      Volume and being generic is the silent killer of most campaigns.

      Go for that route if you want, but it rarely works.

      You have to hit their emotional buttons. If you don't, you will fail.

      But hey to each his own!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7590734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    I'll drop a little hint here too - target people's insecurities
    yeah, I agree.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7591762].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jennyfeng
      But i have a puzzle,please let me clear:

      We create so details angle to get costumers sign in,but they need find "Jewish single mom with one child 30-40years"by himself on Jewishdating.com for example?

      If we promote a general dating,to target details so much to appeal right groups who would be satisfied with your guide finally?

      I am a newbie,maybe so stupid question. :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7605053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ZeldaKing
    I still find POF to be one of the best ways to find out how to get an offer to convert - then I take the offer elsewhere. Vanilla stuff hardly ever works there, but the different stuff does; it's like a horny playground
    Signature

    "Most people prefer denial over testing, and give up before they achieve true awareness."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7613374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    Insecurities are definitely always a good angle. But that's just one of an unlimited amount of ways you can use angles.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7617633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expcontent
    For everyone running dating campaigns with unusual angles, be careful sending that traffic to CPL offers. A lot of advertisers get annoyed when you send them leads for 'Fit Singles Dating' that are really going to a plain vanilla dating site.

    The ONLY time I've ever been kicked off a dating offer was when I targeted based on user interests and funneled the traffic to a general dating offer. If you're going to run a unique angle, it's best to send it to a landing page that explains that what you're selling is a SMALL part of a BIG dating site. Otherwise you'll end up with lots of conversions but poor lead quality that gets you booted off the offer after 2 weeks of traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7621153].message }}

Trending Topics