Alternatives to Adsense and Chitika?

11 replies
Hello all. I have a lingerie site that I totally forgot about that is bringing in about 100 visitors a day. I tried to add Adsense to it, but noticed 24 hours after adding the code that the ads were not showing up. I am assuming it is because they consider lingerie to be adult and/or against their TOS. I then tried Chitika, but have received 19 cents off 8 clicks (yes...you read that right), which is obviously horrible.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any other PPC programs that pay decent? I know that none of them pay like Adsense, but there has got to be one out there that can do a lot better than 2 to 3 cents a click. :rolleyes:
#adsense #alternatives #chitika
  • Profile picture of the author tansks
    Maybe your site is in sandbox cause by violate Google policies of previous owner. You may contact Google and told them about this domain is now under new ownership. By the way, why not monetize with Amazon?
    Signature

    Coming soon

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8174783].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SEO4hire
      Originally Posted by tansks View Post

      Maybe your site is in sandbox cause by violate Google policies of previous owner. You may contact Google and told them about this domain is now under new ownership. By the way, why not monetize with Amazon?
      My site is ranked in the top 3 on Yahoo and Bing for the main keyword. I am not really focusing on the Google ranking - just how to monetize the site and take advantage of the 3000 visitors a month I am getting. I have considered Amazon, but have put some affiliate images and links from Shareasale on there and they have not converted very well. That could be my fault, but I figured a ppc program might be the quickest way to make some money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8177451].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tansks
        Originally Posted by SEO4hire View Post

        My site is ranked in the top 3 on Yahoo and Bing for the main keyword. I am not really focusing on the Google ranking - just how to monetize the site and take advantage of the 3000 visitors a month I am getting. I have considered Amazon, but have put some affiliate images and links from Shareasale on there and they have not converted very well. That could be my fault, but I figured a ppc program might be the quickest way to make some money.
        What I mean is the site maybe banned from adsense not banned from Google search result.
        Signature

        Coming soon

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178122].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SEO4hire
          Originally Posted by tansks View Post

          What I mean is the site maybe banned from adsense not banned from Google search result.
          Based on the experiences of other people that I have found online, Adsense doesn't seem to like to post ads for sites related to lingerie. It is my opinion and the opinion of quite a few others that Google must consider it adult content (which is against their TOS), and therefore not run the ads. The ads were showing at first, then they disappeared about 24 hours later. That seems to be the same thing that happened to several others.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178135].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tansks
            Originally Posted by SEO4hire View Post

            Based on the experiences of other people that I have found online, Adsense doesn't seem to like to post ads for sites related to lingerie. It is my opinion and the opinion of quite a few others that Google must consider it adult content (which is against their TOS), and therefore not run the ads. The ads were showing at first, then they disappeared about 24 hours later. That seems to be the same thing that happened to several others.
            If this is the case, I strongly recommend you to try Amazon. You may also consider to buy a plugin from WSO.
            Signature

            Coming soon

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
    Have you tried, selling lingerie from it? Seems logical to me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VegasHawaii
    You guys should try being a publisher for SiriusTraffic.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178325].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Hower
      Originally Posted by VegasHawaii View Post

      You guys should try being a publisher for SiriusTraffic.com
      Do you serve ads for foreign language websites as well?

      BTW I have registered with sirius for an English website, however, even after two days the ads do no show.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8180377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ankitoberoi
    Originally Posted by SEO4hire View Post

    I am assuming it is because they consider lingerie to be adult and/or against their TOS.
    Its allowed & not against their TOS. There must be some other issue, send the support team an email, asking about it.
    Signature

    BETA - AdPushup | Increase AdSense revenue using advanced automated A/B Testing.

    Recent Post - How Typography Affects Readers

    Twitter - @oberoiankit

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author curationsoft
    you should try this list
    Bidvertiser
    Infolinks
    Intellilinks
    Dynamic Oxygen
    B4PSAds.com
    Clicksor
    Skimlinks
    Exit Junction
    Kontera
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8178645].message }}
  • I believe you can earn more from Bidvertiser. This PPC site have got almost all the ad formats that adsense have. You can change colors according to the need of your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8181145].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zoolley
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9677914].message }}

Trending Topics