Anyone really making money with Facebook? No BS please.

31 replies
Hi,

I tried Facebook PPC and spent some money. But my results are very poor. It shows a lot of reach but very few clicks and also those clicks are not converting into anything.

Any advise on this will be appreciated.

Thanks
#facebook #making #money
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    Yes, look here...

    http://www.warriorforum.com/ad-netwo...ade-1-day.html

    Facebook is a great source. But like any traffic source, you can't just send a little money and hope to find a winner. It takes work and testing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8489844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by bob33229 View Post

    Hi,

    I tried Facebook PPC and spent some money. But my results are very poor. It shows a lot of reach but very few clicks and also those clicks are not converting into anything.

    Any advise on this will be appreciated.

    Thanks
    How many different campaigns have you tried? And what about your ctr?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8490767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnAb
    Results, depends upon offer, LP, target, Ad image, geographical aspects. Facebook is a great traffic source. you need to test, test, and test. Finally, you can get the best result.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8492620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    Yes, I do. And many others do as well, I'm sure.

    However, it's not something that you will master with a shot or 2, so be patient and keep testing and learning.


    W
    Signature
    Steal My Profit Strategy



    >> Download Now <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8492632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    I do. Facebook has the best targeting of any network. You need to dial in your campaigns. I also suggest you move people to your mailing list via a squeeze page rather than directly linking.

    Paying for Facebook Ads to an external landing page is NOT something I do. I get the cheap clicks to the Fan Page and work them from there.
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8492637].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Linda Van Fleet
      Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

      I do. Facebook has the best targeting of any network. You need to dial in your campaigns. I also suggest you move people to your mailing list via a squeeze page rather than directly linking.

      Paying for Facebook Ads to an external landing page is NOT something I do. I get the cheap clicks to the Fan Page and work them from there.
      Hi,

      Just curious, do you have better results sending your ad traffic directly to the fanpage where (hopefully) they click on your soft-sell link to the squeeze page or sending ad traffic directly to a squeeze page app connected to that fan page?

      Thanks
      Linda
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8493226].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
        Originally Posted by Linda Van Fleet View Post

        Hi,

        Just curious, do you have better results sending your ad traffic directly to the fanpage where (hopefully) they click on your soft-sell link to the squeeze page or sending ad traffic directly to a squeeze page app connected to that fan page?

        Thanks
        Linda
        Linda the only way I do it is to build the fan page first then add a link to the squeeze page on the actual Facebook posts.

        I've tested it both ways. Occasionally direct-linking will result in a sale, but capturing the lead gives you more chances to sell them again. There's no point in 'wasting' traffic if it doesn't convert on the first visit.
        Signature
        Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8493681].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MoneyMama
      Do you have an opt in form on your fan page? Do you find that people use it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8511526].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author s1d
    i know of people doing 6 figures a day in profit on facebook. you don't just throw money at it and expect a roi.
    Signature

    adult paysite veteran, mainstream cpa newbie

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8492649].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diizzle
      Originally Posted by s1d View Post

      i know of people doing 6 figures a day in profit on facebook. you don't just throw money at it and expect a roi.
      Find that hard to believe
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8492653].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
      Originally Posted by s1d View Post

      i know of people doing 6 figures a day in profit on facebook. you don't just throw money at it and expect a roi.
      $36,000,000 a year? LOL
      Signature
      Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8492672].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author s1d
        Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

        $36,000,000 a year? LOL
        Yes. I dont know how much exactly is profit, as they are not my stats, but I know of someone, personally, who is doing around $50-75k/day.
        Signature

        adult paysite veteran, mainstream cpa newbie

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8504874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MoneyReign
    There is massive money to be made on Facebook Ads, they have one of the best platforms out there.

    Here are some quick tips for you.

    - Start with a low daily budget
    - Upload 10-20 different images for split testing
    - Target different countries and split test
    - Use demographic targeting to zoom in on the right audience
    - Play around with landing pages catered to demographic
    - Setup a bunch of campaigns and see which have potential
    - Weed out all the bad ads and campaigns, focus on improving the good ones
    Signature

    Over 17 years of Internet Marketing Experience! - www.ZacJohnson.com
    Follow me on Google+ and Twitter.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8493245].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SteveB
      Originally Posted by MoneyReign View Post

      There is massive money to be made on Facebook Ads, they have one of the best platforms out there.

      Here are some quick tips for you.

      - Start with a low daily budget
      - Upload 10-20 different images for split testing
      - Target different countries and split test
      - Use demographic targeting to zoom in on the right audience
      - Play around with landing pages catered to demographic
      - Setup a bunch of campaigns and see which have potential
      - Weed out all the bad ads and campaigns, focus on improving the good ones
      Hi Money Reign,
      Could you explain how this works? This could cost alot of cash if you spend 10 dollars a day per ad - how can someone start out - you have to bet the farm? Facebook takes the money for the ad. How long til you see the return?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8516797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bob33229
    Hi All,

    Thanks a lot for your suggestions and comments. I am advertising my fan page spent 5$ got only 9 likes.

    I am looking to increase likes from interested and targeted people to my fan page but I am looking for cheap clicks.
    Signature

    List of FREE and Legit Survey Sites
    https://www.makemoneytakingsurveys.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8503435].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
      Originally Posted by bob33229 View Post

      Hi All,

      Thanks a lot for your suggestions and comments. I am advertising my fan page spent 5$ got only 9 likes.

      I am looking to increase likes from interested and targeted people to my fan page but I am looking for cheap clicks.
      Yesterday I actually got 787 Likes for $5 on one of my more popular pages. Keep tweaking
      Signature
      Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8504080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    I have different results with facebook ppc during this year, sometimes I get good clicks and no conversions, and sometimes low clicks and good conversions. So I am always in Dilemma.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8503465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    I am looking to increase likes from interested and targeted people to my fan page but I am looking for cheap clicks.
    You can try the solo ads, they are very low price ads but can convert good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8503474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evolved
    Making money with Facebook is very real. I personally use Fan Pages as someone above mentioned. I have had four figure days with this method off of 1 page. Best part is you can easily scale when you find a profitable niche.

    Don't give up yet. Work on your ads and getting your CPC down though. Sending ad's to a Fan Page should be way cheaper than $5 for 9 likes...i'm talking $0.05 CPC's are normal and lower are easily attainable with some testing. Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8503566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    PPV is another great way to test with come cheap clicks, if done correctly.

    But I'm HUGE fan of facebook as well. There are cheap clicks, but you have to work you way up to them.

    It isn't like 7Search where cheap clicks are stock.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8504282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danlew
    Yes we can make money on Facebook, but it's not going to be easy. It may take you some time for split testing and tweaking on which ones gonna work, and which one is not. Also make sure that the CPA offer that you like to test must allow Facebook promotion, whether if its the ads or the free ways.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8504634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author s1d
    I think the real goal with facebook is think outside the box and when you find that 1 thing that sells well, you scale it up to no end.
    Signature

    adult paysite veteran, mainstream cpa newbie

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8504880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    Facebook is awesome.

    I used it to build massive authority and on pace to make between $15k-20K this month in a niche I had no business being in. Now i'm rinsing and repeating in other niches.

    So to answer your question if anyone is really making money with Facebook, the answer is a resounding yes.

    More people are than you can count actually.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8509805].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author larsjorgenbr
      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      Facebook is awesome.

      I used it to build massive authority and on pace to make between $15k-20K this month in a niche I had no business being in.
      Hahaha made me laugh. But you're right, you don't have to know everything about a certain topic to be able to make money off of it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8511497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author s1d
    has anyone figured out a way to add an opt-in email box in the header image of the fb fan page ?
    Signature

    adult paysite veteran, mainstream cpa newbie

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8516472].message }}

Trending Topics