50% of your CPA business should be along these lines..

15 replies
I'm not saying don't compete in the colon cleanse/****/ringtone arenas that have already proven to be converting winners.
A mentor told me that you need to look for "lead needs", and fill that need.
To that end, he directed me to start a program whereby I generate leads for doctors in a very specialized area.
If you've heard of the laser that just came out to treat fungal toenails, you'll know what I'm talking about.
What doctor wouldn't pay $25-35 a lead for a patient that's already raised their hand indicated interested in the procedure?
I know I would! I'm offering nail saloons more than that to send business my way.
So, under his guidance and hard work, I now have a landing page that gives me double opt-in subscribers interested in this fungal nail procedure. I have now generated my own CPA program, bypassing the networks, and assuring that I get paid for every lead.
I think 50% of your business should be for offers you generate, businesses you approach, etc. It's a little harder, but the competition is much less fierce, and there are businesses screaming for more business.
Think about it!
#50% #business #cpa #lines #page not found
  • Profile picture of the author Cackle
    it's a good idea that supposedly people are making money on. I think the challenges are A) You have to be a good salesman B) A percentage of your leads better convert or else your reputation is damaged and obviously you won't get repeat biz. Wheras CPA is a lot more anonymous...this you need to be willing to put your reputation on the line.

    That being said - if you're good at it and get qualified leads - you can demand a lot of money once you get rolling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[859416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ToddieM
    I agree HBP, and it wasn't my idea.
    I had somebody literally give me the idea, and hold my hand the entire way through it.
    Whatever success this program ultimately generates, is his glory only!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[862856].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author malcasid
    Yes, I have been thinking of doing something like this for months. I just want to wait to get my Google AdWords certification, more education on PPC, and more experience.

    I've been struggling with how to build credibility when you have none, how to make sure your leads convert, and how to approach these business without being seen as an unsolicited home alarm salesperson.

    I bet Formula Five (from Stompernet) would have come in real handy regarding this idea. Better look into it if it re-launches.

    Thanks a lot for sharing your insights ToddieM!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[863078].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ToddieM
      Originally Posted by malcasid View Post

      Yes, I have been thinking of doing something like this for months. I just want to wait to get my Google AdWords certification, more education on PPC, and more experience.

      I've been struggling with how to build credibility when you have none, how to make sure your leads convert, and how to approach these business without being seen as an unsolicited home alarm salesperson.

      I bet Formula Five (from Stompernet) would have come in real handy regarding this idea. Better look into it if it re-launches.

      Thanks a lot for sharing your insights ToddieM!
      Just my two cents worth:
      Customers aren't going to care about your Google Adwords Cerification, nor how much education you've had. Some of the best academics in the world end up teaching courses at community colleges for a pittance, because they lack the courage to gain experience applying what they've learned.
      People want results. And the only way for you, or me, or anyone to get results is to gain experience. And the only way to gain experience, is to start.
      That being said, I am going to be approaching fellow doctors with the idea of selling them these leads at $35 a throw.
      As always, I'll report my experiences.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[868134].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TE2
        ToddieM,

        I like the way you (and your friend) think.

        And you are 100% dead on when you talk about customers not caring about certain things.

        Their bottom-line is WIIFM (What's In It For Me?)

        Give'm what they want and you will enjoy success.

        Good job!

        Regards,

        John
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[868193].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author malcasid
        Originally Posted by ToddieM View Post

        Just my two cents worth:
        Customers aren't going to care about your Google Adwords Cerification, nor how much education you've had. Some of the best academics in the world end up teaching courses at community colleges for a pittance, because they lack the courage to gain experience applying what they've learned.
        People want results. And the only way for you, or me, or anyone to get results is to gain experience. And the only way to gain experience, is to start.
        That being said, I am going to be approaching fellow doctors with the idea of selling them these leads at $35 a throw.
        As always, I'll report my experiences.
        I totally agree. I'm just gonna have to dive in! Thanks for showing me that these are merely excuses.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[868975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kckaz
    Way to think outside the box
    Signature

    Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/KennyKurtz and I'll follow you back.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[869063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sonomamike
    Sounds like a nice plan....do you have a list of doctors with the machine ready to go?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[869096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author valley12
      Thanks for your offline methods
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[869220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ToddieM
    I see the A/C thread where I was posting my results was taken down.
    Interesting.
    Is posting my results somehow unethical?

    Not a good week money wise for ToddieM
    I am learning much about the content network, and have a project that is generating leads that are worth quite a bit to the party involved. I just have to sell those leads.
    Expenses: $3476.92
    Revenue: $2423.00 , a loss that has now hit four digits again at 1053.92.
    24:16.07.1 time spent.

    Previous week:
    Sorry about the late posting, I was up in Sacramento.
    I made $23.77 this week! That's black....
    Spend: $3212.77
    Revenue: 2288.75

    I started counting office stuff; I caught a patient from a "long distance nail" campaign I devised.
    I'm getting more savvy on content network.
    I'm starting a CPA leads program.
    I got my first interview done for my podiatric marketing blog.
    I spent 26:03.00.8 on my craft.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[902277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author INFOSEEKER-2009
    Originally Posted by ToddieM View Post

    I'm not saying don't compete in the colon cleanse/****/ringtone arenas that have already proven to be converting winners.

    A mentor told me that you need to look for "lead needs", and fill that need.

    ... etc ...

    I think 50% of your business should be for offers you generate, businesses you approach, etc.

    It's a little harder, but the competition is much less fierce, and there are businesses screaming for more business.

    Think about it!

    Couldn't Agree with You More on this One !

    Good Luck All !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[908843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FasTrack-Eddie
    Banned
    Good share of your insight!!!

    Thanks,

    >wink<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[916904].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ToddieM
      Ive since run into a logistical issue.
      I found out from a very prominent healthcare attorney, that even though this laser does NOT involve Medicare money (it's all out of pocket), that if I accept money from another physician for a lead, this would be considered a kickback. As long as you are a participating doctor with Medicare, you must abide by ALL of their draconian rules.
      Doctors who get caught doing kickbacks end up in jail.
      This lawyer said that some optometrists got "busted" for taking money when sending their patients for lasix surgery.
      How jacked up is that?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[939520].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmericanWoman888
    From the years I have spent in IM, I have noticed that the best ideas are the ones that require folks to 'live outside the box' - lol love that. You have definitely been directed in the proper way to the best business plan. People must ultimately build relationships and communicate with someone (maybe not hundreds of people) to really achieve the astounding wealth we all hear about. Good for you! And, you are helping people - that must make you feel just great every day.
    Signature

    ***Test***

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[939597].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MaskedMarketer
      Originally Posted by ToddieM View Post

      Ive since run into a logistical issue.
      I found out from a very prominent healthcare attorney, that even though this laser does NOT involve Medicare money (it's all out of pocket), that if I accept money from another physician for a lead, this would be considered a kickback. As long as you are a participating doctor with Medicare, you must abide by ALL of their draconian rules.
      Doctors who get caught doing kickbacks end up in jail.
      This lawyer said that some optometrists got "busted" for taking money when sending their patients for lasix surgery.
      How jacked up is that?
      ToddieM,

      Why not consider some type of plastic/cosmetic surgery?

      Me and my friend were going to do this, but since ditched the idea. Our twist was actually finding good overseas doctors in his home country to do the work and we just get the clients for them. Even after we get paid, trip, and travel, the surgery would still be cheaper than doing it in other countries. Same quality.
      Signature

      "One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor
      "


      "I Pay Less Attention to What Men Say. I Just Watch What They Do."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[940283].message }}

Trending Topics