Is adsense is the one for me?

12 replies
Hey there,

In fact, I got a couple of question, I've read almost everywhere that google ban adsense account without explanations. I've done a LOT of research and studies with this one.

The thing is, I've heard google ban accounts without explanation, but I am yet to meet and adsense user who's banned forever without him cheating (Or done something wrong). It's not my best interest to game the system in anyway and willing to earn changes than taking risky shortcuts.

My main activity will be only youtube. I am an animator, and not interested in joining networks since all they do is taking another %30 of your ad revenue without serving any ads other than google one. Not to mention, all the perks they offer such as music licensing and clickbomb protection is a HUGE myth (at least that's what I heard).

So what I'll be doing?

1-Will check adsense and analytic 3 times a day.
2-Will save the page every time I log in adsense and analytics as a log, so I'll have an evidence in case something wrong happened.
3-If detecting any sort of invalid activity such as clickbombing, will turn off the ads and report the saboteur.

Any other suggestion to stay in the safe zone?
#adsense #ban #block #google #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author Fake Cake
    I'm pretty sure I posted this in Search Engine Optimization forum. Maybe it moved, or is it just me? Anyway apologize for posting in the wrong place.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9256982].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Publisher1953
      There's nothing wrong with using AdSense -- if you play by the rules, you'll probably be okay. But if you are serious about an IM business, you should see AdSense as just one part of the picture, and certainly design things so that you don't depend on the program. This situation is magnified by a YouTube strategy as Google, in this case, controls all aspects of the situation, so if something goes wrong, you are toast.

      Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the program and Google has deemed me an "expert" as a "Top Contributor" on the AdSense help forums. (No pay, but a few summit/meetup travel perks here and there.)

      I'm also the only person to have managed to survived an account disabling, crossed the other side, and been invited to Google HQ. So I focus on the disabled publishers experiencing the angst of their lost and generally unrecoverable accounts.

      My advice to them, and to anyone, is to absolutely build a diverse business and NOT base your business plans primarily on AdSense. In my case, most of my business is offline, but whatever revenue I get from AdSense is gravy, not core.
      Signature

      President, Construction News and Report Group
      Constructionmarketingideas.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9257149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneyhd
    I really hate how google start treating people. Thats why i shifted to Facebook Ads which gives great ROI.
    Signature
    How to cross #1 Hurdle and that is TRAFFIC !...
    "Copy Paste the Proven System that helps you to earn passive income"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9257215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMProductReviews
    I would NEVER NEVER NEVER deal with ad sense for the reason you mentioned they ban your account and you have a lot of very good content for you to get ad sense
    Signature

    [B]~Louis Betts~

    Discover: “Here’s How YOU Can Start Making Money Online Today Using a Fool-Proof “Done For You” Digital Franchise System“

    Click Here To Find Out More
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9257225].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Fake Cake View Post

      I've heard google ban accounts without explanation, but I am yet to meet and adsense user who's banned forever without him cheating (Or done something wrong).
      I don't altogether understand how you're able to form this impression: it seems to me that almost all the information available on the subject is second-hand, and far from objective. Some of it, I think, is even "agenda-driven".

      For myself, I wouldn't dream of building a business that relies on Google - in any way - for its primary monetization. I like to be in control of as much as my business as possible.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9257237].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Fake Cake
        Originally Posted by Publisher1953 View Post

        There's nothing wrong with using AdSense -- if you play by the rules, you'll probably be okay. But if you are serious about an IM business, you should see AdSense as just one part of the picture, and certainly design things so that you don't depend on the program. This situation is magnified by a YouTube strategy as Google, in this case, controls all aspects of the situation, so if something goes wrong, you are toast.

        Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the program and Google has deemed me an "expert" as a "Top Contributor" on the AdSense help forums. (No pay, but a few summit/meetup travel perks here and there.)

        I'm also the only person to have managed to survived an account disabling, crossed the other side, and been invited to Google HQ. So I focus on the disabled publishers experiencing the angst of their lost and generally unrecoverable accounts.

        My advice to them, and to anyone, is to absolutely build a diverse business and NOT base your business plans primarily on AdSense. In my case, most of my business is offline, but whatever revenue I get from AdSense is gravy, not core.
        Appreciated the feedback.

        I'm aware that I shouldn't rely on adsense as a primary source of income. It wouldn't be so anyway, because I'm actually financially secured. But I personally view adsense as a wooden bridge, until I reach to point B, it'll help me with the funding until I'm secure with a fine solid business.

        Also, I don't take adsense as a method for "Lazy Monetization". In the end of the day, I'll try my best to keep Adsense running in a way that pleases both parties so this project could last for the years to come.

        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        I don't altogether understand how you're able to form this impression: it seems to me that almost all the information available on the subject is second-hand, and far from objective. Some of it, I think, is even "agenda-driven".

        For myself, I wouldn't dream of building a business that replies on Google - in any way - for its primary monetization. I like to be in control of as much as my business as possible.
        It's everywhere on google. That's how.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9257517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery Moss
    There are many successful Youtube channel owners, currently using Adsense as a way to earn a full time income. And, there is less chance of being suspended from the program as a channel owner (so long as you comply with Adsense TOS, such as no fake views, don't click on your own ads, etc) than even if you had a blog or site where click bombing is most likely to occur.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9257538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Publisher1953
    There is a fair bit of risk with YouTube/AdSense if you try to grow things too fast -- certainly if you take measures to "build traffic" outside of organic methods. I'm not sure how good a "Bridge" it will be, in that case, because in most cases it takes quite a while to build enough organic traffic to earn meaningful revenue.
    Signature

    President, Construction News and Report Group
    Constructionmarketingideas.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9257744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    The real money in IM is selling your OWN products. However, while you're still building up your site and groping around, Adsense should be a good placeholder assuming you have the right traffic sources and you're targeting high CPC niches.
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9361067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimothyTorrents
    I'm not really a fan of Adsense, I earned a total of $20 from them over the course of like 3 years. I would work on creating a product and market the product instead, much more profitable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9361137].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author grandstar
    What you are doing seems illegal. Google wants natural type in traffic or from legitimate links on other peoples site or through SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9361835].message }}

Trending Topics