9 replies
What's up warriors. So I've recently been in a conflicting battle with myself. I've been really into PPC lately, selling products with Facebook Ads. Anyway. I've spent about $30 testing multiple campaigns but don't have enough to spend to really make the call whether or not the campaign will succeed or not.

What I'm thinking of doing is using my student credit card with a $400 credit on it to purchase and pay for my Ads. which will hopefully give me enough ROI to pay off the credit and put some extra in my pocket, then do it again. You have to spend money to make money! What do you think? Thanks!
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    Based on the little info you provided I would say you should really spend some time (not money) trying to learn before you just start throwing money around.

    al
    Signature

    Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
    ~Jack Handey~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9403287].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PPC Ninja
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      Based on the little info you provided I would say you should really spend some time (not money) trying to learn before you just start throwing money around.

      al
      I do know what I am doing. That's not my issue. My problem is deciding whether or not to take the chance on one of my succeeding campaigns and spend money that I technically don't have in hopes of returning a suitable ROI.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9403296].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author agmccall
        Originally Posted by PPC Ninja View Post

        I do know what I am doing. That's not my issue. My problem is deciding whether or not to take the chance on one of my succeeding campaigns and spend money that I technically don't have in hopes of returning a suitable ROI.
        From your OP you said you spent $30.00 testing, and now you say you know what you are doing, if that is the case then why ask at all. Just go ALL IN

        al
        Signature

        Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
        ~Jack Handey~

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9403344].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author PPC Ninja
          Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

          From your OP you said you spent $30.00 testing, and now you say you know what you are doing, if that is the case then why ask at all. Just go ALL IN

          al
          $30 testing within the last few days. Not in my lifetime of PPC. I never said "I spent $30 now I know what I'm doing!" I got a good feel for the campaign with $30 and I see possible success and was wondering whether or not go to for it. Jeez.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9403354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    I think that would be pretty brave. It took me $400 or so (when I was a student) to start mastering the art of PPC advertising, before seeing any return worth talking about. But this is the place to ask about PPC: Ad Networks (CPM/CPL, Display, SEM)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9403294].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author miklanderson2
    I think it would be difficult to turn a profit once you factor in the interest you're going to have to pay on your credit card. If you're paying 12% interest, you'll have to have a 12% return just to break even for the month. I'd wait until I had money in the bank to spend. Running up credit card debt is rarely a good idea unless you have a sure thing and can pay the card off before the end of the month.
    Signature

    "A bargain is something you don’t need at a price you can’t resist."
    -Franklin Jones

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9403593].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PPC Ninja
      Originally Posted by miklanderson2 View Post

      I think it would be difficult to turn a profit once you factor in the interest you're going to have to pay on your credit card. If you're paying 12% interest, you'll have to have a 12% return just to break even for the month. I'd wait until I had money in the bank to spend. Running up credit card debt is rarely a good idea unless you have a sure thing and can pay the card off before the end of the month.
      The card is Zero interest for 6 months. This is actually a double standard. I'm using it to buy some advertising as well as begin to establish some credit as I know I will need yo barrow money sometime in the future. Thank you for the heads up.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9404469].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jgant
      Originally Posted by miklanderson2 View Post

      I think it would be difficult to turn a profit once you factor in the interest you're going to have to pay on your credit card. If you're paying 12% interest, you'll have to have a 12% return just to break even for the month. I'd wait until I had money in the bank to spend. Running up credit card debt is rarely a good idea unless you have a sure thing and can pay the card off before the end of the month.
      I think OP would receive revenue before the billing cycle completed. When using a cc for this purpose you definitely want to ensure you get paid before the bill is due.

      OP: why not scale up incrementally ensuring you at the very least break even instead of laying down $400 in one day.

      As an aside, a good tip if using credit cards for advertising is to rack up travel points or some form of rewards card. I run everything through a rewards card. Plenty of brick and mortar biz owners do this too. If you buy a lot of traffic, it doesn't take long to earn paid for trips.
      Signature
      How I hit $10,000+ per month very fast w/ 1 niche blog - Click Here to learn more (no opt-in).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9405202].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author svetod
    I used the credit card method, but at a time when I was already making good profits, but didn't have the money to scale things up. $30 is definitely not enough to make proper testing and usually you will end up wasting your money. I always recommend to put together at least $400-$500 when starting with PPC, otherwise you can not collect the needed data to move forward.
    Signature
    Want To Know How I Make Money Online? Read my story http://affiliate-lifestyle.com/
    Follow me on Instagram for Daily Inspiration & Free Tips: svetlintodd
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9404233].message }}

Trending Topics