19-Year-Old Lost $46,000

by Adie
19 replies
I apologize if this have been posted before but I can't find it after searching the forum so here we go. This is about Adsense but I think this is worth discussing here in general IM folder. Mods, please move if you think this is inappropriate.

19-Year-Old Lost $46,000 In Google Adsense Rules Ban - Business Insider
#$46 #19yearold #lost
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    You have no idea If the guy was banned from Adsense because of that text message site. The guy has his Adsense pub# (pub-2285202222413739) on other domains that might have been a problem.
    • imageshit [dot] com
    • kiosksms [dot] com

    I'm sure the imageshit site violates Google Adsense policies for unnecessary profanity (source - view full content policies), yet the guy still ran Adsense on the site in Dec. 2013.

    Look at the matching Adsense pub#'s on the Wayback HTML source code.

    The imageshit website was taken offline in May. 2014, the domain is still offline today.

    Looks like the guy was trying to cover his tracks. Most likely yet another BS claim that Google Adsense did someone wrong.

    Careful what you read/believe on the internet, some people will never admit they did something wrong.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9494494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adie
    I'm just sharing the news as it is published on official news sites. I didn't analyzed what really happened. Only thing I can say is stay away from Adsense. My friend had a similar problem last year...
    Signature



    Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

    Signature edited.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9494558].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Adie View Post

      I'm just sharing the news as it is published on official news sites. I didn't analyzed what really happened. Only thing I can say is stay away from Adsense. My friend had a similar problem last year...
      Your going by hearsay (article, friend, etc...).

      I ran Adsense for years without a single problem & payouts monthly (for years). I stopped running Adsense by choice (still have the Adsense account today) when they started blasting my sites with crappy local ads that dropped my CTR.

      There's nothing wrong with Adsense If you can get them to show ads that are relevant to the webpage content.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9494568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adie
    I also quit Adsense by choice and concentrated on my own sites and products, but when someone ask me if Adsense is a good way to start, I will tell him a big "NO" for some reason based on personal and friend's experience while following Adsense Rules.
    Signature



    Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

    Signature edited.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9494676].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Adie View Post

      I also quit Adsense by choice and concentrated on my own sites and products, but when someone ask me if Adsense is a good way to start, I will tell him a big "NO" for some reason based on personal and friend's experience while following Adsense Rules.
      All affiliate networks have rules so If rules is an issue then the problem probably isn't rules at all, it's people that can't be bothered with rules.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496137].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Adie
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        All affiliate networks have rules so If rules is an issue then the problem probably isn't rules at all, it's people that can't be bothered with rules.
        My friend last year got banned after running adsense for more than 8 years on the same website. The intriguing thing was, Adsense banned him when he was about to receive the biggest pay-out of his life. He asked Adsense many times why his account was banned and Adsense gave him just a vague answer. You can't hear the same story with Amazon and Clickbank.

        Yes, there is always 2 sides of the story but what will you do when you are the one who is concerned without having a clear explanation why your account is banned? Adsense has the most cloudy policy..
        Signature



        Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

        Signature edited.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496312].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Adie View Post

          My friend last year got banned after running adsense for more than 8 years on the same website. The intriguing thing was, Adsense banned him when he was about to receive the biggest pay-out of his life. He asked Adsense many times why his account was banned and Adsense gave him just a vague answer. You can't hear the same story with Amazon and Clickbank.

          Yes, there is always 2 sides of the story but what will you do when you are the one who is concerned without having a clear explanation why your account is banned? Adsense has the most cloudy policy..
          There's nothing cloudy about Adsense TOS:
          • Family friendly content
          • Legit traffic/clicks

          It's not complicated.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496329].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Adie
            Originally Posted by yukon View Post

            There's nothing cloudy about Adsense TOS:
            • Family friendly content
            • Legit traffic/clicks

            It's not complicated.
            ...and yet banned without explanation leaving peoploe guessing what happened...
            Signature



            Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

            Signature edited.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FannieLaine
    there's always two sides of the story but if it's on business insider, I would definitely pay attention!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9494910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AdNetworks
    if google adsense banned you, you can use other ad networks
    Signature

    ♥ When the Last Tree Is Cut Down, the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned, You Will Realize That You Cannot Eat Money.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495451].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JensSteyaert
      Originally Posted by AdNetworks View Post

      if google adsense banned you, you can use other ad networks
      Yes that's correct, but that doesn't take away the fact that he won't get the pending balance because he got banned.

      But you are right, if he's making that kind of money with adsense he won't have a problem monetizing his site(s) with other networks, his income will just be lower...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author magdag4321
    I dont know the idiot that wrote that business insider article, if you think people are spreading rumors about google then please use them and make a staggering figure, one day you will wake up to a BAN email....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wf89
    I wouldn't say he lost it, as to lose something you have to have it in the first place. He just didn't gain it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495933].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author magdag4321
      Originally Posted by wf89 View Post

      I wouldn't say he lost it, as to lose something you have to have it in the first place. He just didn't gain it.
      when this happens to you, i swear you'll feel like you lost something, dont just blab if you have nothing meaningful to say.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496125].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by wf89 View Post

      I wouldn't say he lost it, as to lose something you have to have it in the first place. He just didn't gain it.
      Good point, obviously he never had the money to begin with. What's in the bank is what matters.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThomasLloyd
    Every now and then I see some sort of "Lost money after making a bank with adsense" story, still I wouldn't say they would start screwing folks just like that being the biggest ad network!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9497525].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author badboy_Nick
    You know, Google adsense isn't the only party in town I do know their rules can be a pain but you can always use another ad network. It is usually a lot less hassle to have 2-3 backups in place anyway just in case.

    Nick
    Signature
    Read my incredible story: www.affiliatechamp.co.uk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9497548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iluvatoq
    what i see in the article is the extreme high CTR

    he has an average of 10.99% .. kinda high .. i have 1.5%
    Signature

    Post Your Content On Our Active Fanpage ( 2 mil REAL likes )
    17% engagement rate. Contact me for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9497586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zygo
      Originally Posted by iluvatoq View Post

      what i see in the article is the extreme high CTR

      he has an average of 10.99% .. kinda high .. i have 1.5%
      Yeah such a high CTR and eCPM is very suspicious for a high-traffic texting website, there's no way it was legit.

      Besides, these type of sites aren't what most AdWords advertisers are looking for. It may be a pretty neat service but this kind of traffic is worth very little.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9499578].message }}

Trending Topics