LinkedIn is a great way to make business associations, find jobs and contract work. Many people refer to LinkedIn as the Facebook for professionals. Unlike social networking sites, with LinkedIn you're all summerizing your credentials and showcasing the professional instead of the personal you. With a 135 million registered users the potential for increasing the substantial core of associates and promoting new business relationships is endless.
Linkedin Marketing Tip to Increase and Promote Your Business
1. Remember to fill out your LinkedIn profile in detail and use the correct keywords. It helps you connect with the right people.
2. You can make filling out your LinkedIn profile easier by uploading your resume.
3. A professional photo is a MUST on LinkedIn. There are rarely any exceptions.
4. Keep your experience and other information current and up-to-date on LinkedIn. Experiences make you more valuable.
5. Make your profile interesting, rather than just factual. Add your interests, make post updates and more.
6. If people you have worked with before are on LinkedIn, ask them for a recommendation using the “Recommendation” feature.
7. When asking for a recommendation, make suggestions on what to include in the recommendation so it is more meaningful.
8. When someone asks for a recommendation, protect your reputation and only do so when you truly recommend them.
9. Groups are a great way to connect with like-minded and influential people. Find some and join some today.
10. Connect like-minded people by creating your own group. You can make it an open group or keep it closed to invitations only.
11. When adding a contact on LinkedIn, include some information on how you know each other. They’re more likely to accept.
12. Include the link to your LinkedIn profile on your business card.
13. Establish your expertise and make new connections by answering relevant questions in the Answers feature of LinkedIn.
14. Have a job interview coming up? Find the interviewee’s profile on LinkedIn to gain important insights first.
15. Look for Events on LinkedIn in your area. They could be very beneficial to you.
16. There are many applications that can help your use of LinkedIn. Have you seen the directory here: Application Directory | LinkedIn ?
17. If you’re looking for someone you know that is connected to a specific company, use the Advanced search to find “1st or 2nd connections”.
18. Be a connector on LinkedIn. Connect people that you think would benefit from knowing each other.
19. Did you know that you can export your LinkedIn contacts by using the “Export connections” feature anytime?
20. Not sure what groups to join on LinkedIn? Find someone in your industry and see what groups they belong to.
Get more marketing tips and ideas to promote your business.