Here I share 5 tips to get more search engine optimization traffic to your website.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search engine optimization or SEO for short, is a process that any website can follow to optimize for more organic search results thus improving their rankings.
It's a great way to get free targeted traffic and gaining more exposure.
5 Search Engine Optimization Tips and Tricks
1. Title, description, and tags: Make sure to include your keyword in the title, description, and tags. When you go to write your content, these three fields should be available to you.
2. Keywords to the front: Try to have your keyword as far as to the front as possible in your title.
3. Keyword rich thumbnail images: Add an image thumbnail with your keyword in it. Basically name the image file your keyword - then upload and add to the "alt" tag.
4. Write naturally: 3 years ago you were told to include a keyword at least 2-5% in the text. That meant for every 100 words of text, your keyword would show up 2-5 times. DON'T DO THIS ANYMORE. Google is looking for keyword stuffing and you could get into trouble! Just focus on writing naturally and make sure the keyword is showing up every now and then.
5. Inter link: Link internally whenever possible. Check how wikipedia do it. They pass their own authority all over their site. When you can, try to add internal links. Make sure each link opens in a new tab. This will help to lower bounce rate and keep people on your site more. Google and the other search engines love this!
I'll say again, getting traffic from the search engines is an excellent way to get free targeted traffic. It just takes practice. Just like anything else in life. There more you do it... The better you get at it.
Did you find this helpful?
Let me know what you think in the comments below.