How many backlinks to my site homepage?

by Bruch
8 replies
Hi guys,

I'm need in backlinks to my site. But how many to the homepage? How many to the internal pages?

If only one backlink to the homepage, others to internal pages, is it okay?

Thank you in advance!
#backlinks #homepage #site
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author dilipcybex
    Google will give importance to page with higher no. of backlinks. But, in the end, your whole website will rank higher no matter which pages have back ( as long as there is some diversity in backlinks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11357214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tomopalinski
    I recommend strengthening the home page first by linking plenty of social media accounts to it and then sending several good quality links.

    Remember that home page is a foundation of your entire website and, just like with any foundation, should be the strongest.

    Once you build up authority a little bit, you can start working on your inner pages.

    Do not concern yourself with the number of backlinks and rather focus on their quality. You can easily outrank somebody with hundreds of poor quality links by having just a handful of relevant quality links coming from sites with high DA/PA.

    Good luck and enjoy the process.
    Signature

    Good SEO work only gets better over time. It is only search engine tricks that need to keep changing when the ranking algorithms change. -- Jill Whalen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11357386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
    I think it should be 15-20% links to homepage; others link to other pages.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11358060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Reprand
    You want to build backlink to the hompage first then to internal pages, you can also do dripfeeds.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11358700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charlie Days
    What is your website about (e-com, blog, etc...)?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prowebdev
    It depends on various things.
    Suppose, if you have an affiliate site, then first analysis your competitor, keyword etc.

    25% Internal backlink google allowed and its also Important ranking factor!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360700].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by dilipcybex View Post

      Google will give importance to page with higher no. of backlinks. But, in the end, your whole website will rank higher no matter which pages have back ( as long as there is some diversity in backlinks
      Originally Posted by tomopalinski View Post

      I recommend strengthening the home page first by linking plenty of social media accounts to it and then sending several good quality links.

      Remember that home page is a foundation of your entire website and, just like with any foundation, should be the strongest.

      Once you build up authority a little bit, you can start working on your inner pages.

      Do not concern yourself with the number of backlinks and rather focus on their quality. You can easily outrank somebody with hundreds of poor quality links by having just a handful of relevant quality links coming from sites with high DA/PA.

      Good luck and enjoy the process.
      Originally Posted by affmarketer101 View Post

      I think it should be 15-20% links to homepage; others link to other pages.
      Originally Posted by Reprand View Post

      You want to build backlink to the hompage first then to internal pages, you can also do dripfeeds.
      Originally Posted by prowebdev View Post

      It depends on various things.
      Suppose, if you have an affiliate site, then first analysis your competitor, keyword etc.

      25% Internal backlink google allowed and its also Important ranking factor!



      Blind leading the blind.





      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360758].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author prowebdev
        Better write yourself the right answer dud...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360919].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics