I can't figure out what the problem is.
1. It's not shipping because
- We are located in the US,
- We ship from US,
- With free shipping to US
2. It's not the products because
- These are unique handmade products
- The artisans making them have good online sales on Etsy
- So we know the product sells
3. It's not the price because
- We get a discount from the artisans
- We sell for the same price as the artisans
- So we know it's the price these items sell for already
- Prices seem to be normal market prices for the items
4. It's not finding the right visitors because
- On Google Shopping ads, the viewer searches for the product, sees it, clicks with the intention of buying it
- Same thing on Bing/Yahoo network
- Our dynamic retargeting ads on Facebook target visitors and show them other products they might be interested in
- So it's not like we're using keywords to cast a wide net and hoping the visitors will be interested in the product by luck. Only those who already know they are interested in the product visit the store. Landing pages for visitors are product pages, not the main store page.
5. I don't think it's the website itself because
- We have trust badges that show a secure checkout is provided
- PayPal is supported, so it's not like they need to give us their credit card information or anything
- The trust rate looks good on scamadvisor
- About us, Contact us, Shipping Policy, Return Policy pages are all there.
- The photos are good (definitely good enough for the artisan to sell the product)
- It's Shopify based with the Brooklyn theme, making it a familiar and good looking store with enough customization to give it character
- The discount on catalog pages are in percentage (thus a larger number than if it was in $).
- Only some products are on sale (no faking)
- There are no annoying pop-ups or anything
- We did try to induce a sense of urgency by offering a discount code that was only good until mothers days
- We have "related products", "most popular" etc showing up to help with the bounce rate
- You can checkout without becoming a member (membership optional)
- The announcement bar at the top of every page screams "Free shipping to US!"
Out of 2000 unique visitors, not a single sale this month. I did have one sale more than a month ago and if it wasn't for that one, I'd say our payment provider must be set up wrong or something.
I know there are things we can improve like focusing on benefit more (vs feature) on the product description but this conversion rate is a mind bender to me.
What do you think I'm doing wrong?