No Luck with Google Adwords, Onto FB Ads

13 replies
OK, I gave all of your suggestions a try with Google Adwords.

Absolutely no luck. Not one single conversion.

After a month of wasting money, I have moved onto Facebook Ads. Here are what my ads look like:

- Four ads (3 clipart with text, 1 stock photo)
- Targeting Men and Women age 22 - 60
United States
Placed on all FB / Instagram platforms
Ad is optimized for conversions at $5.00 per day (the conversion is made when a customer adds the product the cart)

Today is day 5. No conversions. No sales.

What am I doing wrong?

(My company provides Career Services - Resumes, Cover Letters, LinkedIn Profiles.)
#ads #adwords #facebook ad #google #luck
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author badboy_Nick
    I would say the offer you are promoting attracts clicks and attention - but is not compelling enough for a user to hand over personal details or make a purchase.

    I would try a few more offers that are better or easier to convert like signups etc.
    Signature
    Read my incredible story: www.affiliatechamp.co.uk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378020].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Danielle Holmes
      Originally Posted by badboy_Nick View Post

      I would say the offer you are promoting attracts clicks and attention - but is not compelling enough for a user to hand over personal details or make a purchase.

      I would try a few more offers that are better or easier to convert like signups etc.
      I will try that, thank you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Two things:

    Your targeting is very poor. You are pretty much targeting every single person who is working age, whether they are looking for a job or not. That's a ton of money in a PPI campaign that is going to be wasted on people who have no need for your services.

    You say a conversion is defined as someone just adding something to their cart? That's not a conversion. They didn't even make it to the checkout page, let alone buy anything. A conversion occurs when someone reaches the Thank You For Your Order page.

    I would think that LinkedIn would be the ideal place to be running ads for your services.
    Signature
    FREE ONLINE COURSE- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way!
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378044].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Danielle Holmes
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      Two things:

      Your targeting is very poor. You are pretty much targeting every single person who is working age, whether they are looking for a job or not. That's a ton of money in a PPI campaign that is going to be wasted on people who have no need for your services.

      You say a conversion is defined as someone just adding something to their cart? That's not a conversion. They didn't even make it to the checkout page, let alone buy anything. A conversion occurs when someone reaches the Thank You For Your Order page.

      I would think that LinkedIn would be the ideal place to be running ads for your services.
      Ok, we are retargeting the ads with two campaigns, one for 20-29 year olds and one for 30-55 year olds. We are also matching interests and behaviors that align with people looking for resumes.

      Do you think this will help?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adstargets
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378203].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Danielle Holmes
      Originally Posted by Adstargets View Post

      If you have no luck with Adword you will need to try Ad Networks sir or Facebook
      Not sure if you read my post or not, but I am using Facebook ads now. Just trying to get feedback on what will help me get results.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    So if your ads were wasting you money, it would indicate that you were getting click through to your page, so here for some reason people fell over.

    1. your ad was not aligned with your landing page and or your copy / layout is probably letting you down. If so then if correct you will probably find the same / similar problems with this platform. Is that how it has been so far ? Maybe hire somebody / agency to look at the process for you to save time and even more money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378594].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danielle Holmes
    Here are the current results from the first week with a testing budget of $25. As you can see, no add to carts. Any suggestions on how I should move forward.

    My fear with increasing the budget is that I will waste money by people clicking the link and not purchasing.

    (By the way, Facebook did not suggest changing the pixel to purchases because of a lack of data. )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    The picture tells me that your ad is not even relevant and or poor due a very low ctr and low relevance, and I am guessing beyond that your landing page / copy is also poor. start with your ad getting a much higher ctr and relevance.

    again as above without somebody who knows what they are doing looking at your ad and advising you, and without seeing the exact problem, you will just continue to waste your money until you cover the learning curve, at best we can only guess based on what we see.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378624].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Danielle Holmes
      Originally Posted by tryinhere View Post

      The picture tells me that your ad is not even relevant and or poor due a very low ctr and low relevance, and I am guessing beyond that your landing page / copy is also poor. start with your ad getting a much higher ctr and relevance.

      again as above without somebody who knows what they are doing looking at your ad and advising you, and without seeing the exact problem, you will just continue to waste your money until you cover the learning curve, at best we can only guess based on what we see.
      Thank you for your advice! I think it might be the picture and the wording of the ad. I attached a screenshot of what I have currently For the one that's performing the best out of the others.

      I will attempt testing a few different ads this week and see which ones will work best. Not sure of what to do with the picture since I was advised against using stock images (since many people scroll past them -- including me).

      In a nutshell, this week I will be:
      1. Rewording the Ad copy
      2. Trying a short landing page vs. long landing page vs. direct link to purchase
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11378646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danielle Holmes
    Can I use my pixel for my shopify online store to track data (such as items in cart, purchases, etc.) but have the link in my ad take my customers to a landing page that is not at the shopify store?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11379114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    #1 - Luck does not exist in a precise, perfect Universe.

    #2 - 1 month is small potatoes as far as testing. You feared losing money - predominant vibe - and of course, after 1 month, the fear was still with you, so you lost money. Perfect reflection of your vibe.

    Try this - if you want to succeed online - and you will feel better. Feel the fear of losing money. Clear it. Then you stick to 1 campaign from a detached place, patiently learning, and honing skills, and seeing things through over months and years, to generate a full time income through a strategy.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11379157].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Danielle Holmes
      Thank you for the advice...but I think what I need right now are solutions.

      With my campaign results, what do I need to do to optimize my ads (other than patience and time)?

      I can share my ad copy and ad photos if that will help anyone with guiding me on what to do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11379195].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    One month of learning on AdWords using a small budget is not enough. It took me $11, 000 to learn PPC on AdWords...since I am a little slow.

    But the moral of this story was I learned by making my money back.

    If you gave up so easily on AdWords, most likely you may quit Facebook too (before learning).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11380847].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics