Online Real Estate Lead Generation - Need Advice

8 replies
Hello, I have my license and my family owns a brokerage, Im attempting to help them finally get into online marketing aside from craigslist posts and the occasional social media posts.

Ive setup a IDX, a Home Valuation website (Separate) and have a facebook funnel I purchased as well.

I dont have much experience with lead generation. I heard from a IDX company that it costs like $20+ to generate a lead in expensive areas (mine is). I dont know what to think of that as its coming from a site that pushes their PPC management services. The $20+ I believe is from running adwords, wouldnt facebook be cheaper? Although I could see it being less targeted. I have a popup opt in that works good on desktop but for mobile they have to press "OK" then submit, the extra click Id like to avoid.

I heard or read in 2014 that Home Valuation lead gen site leads cost $3-7 using FB traffic, but I heard from others that they could be $15 now. Though these people maybe dont have a highly localized funnel (targeted audience matching small community site). Im thinking that they sent traffic to a multi-site (brand/idx/homevaluation all in one type) and that was their blunder...

FB funnel sounds the best because your sending facebook traffic and converting there. Supposedly the guru guy was saying he got leads around $6 with this method. With this funnel the sellers can get "seller hacks" and buyers can get "buyer tips".

I dont have the deepest pockets for spending on ads, but Im thinking of sticking with Facebook for traffic atleast at first and doing the FB funnel. Do you think this would be the best site/platform? Any idea of what the cost of client acquisition may be or the average cost per lead?

Leads are important to this business. Before I was using paid sites for leads but they cost a fortune $30-60 with some of them wanting big referral fee as well. Listings are more valuable than buyers as listing can attract more business...

Also has anyone thought of any other types of sites that can be utilized for real estate opt ins? I know I have enough but Im out for the best ones.

I have about 10 600 word blog posts that I put together and plan to add to the IDX site. Im just not too sure how to best use them. If I put on the IDX site there is a popup that can grab opt ins, but I think this may mess with conversions on the blog front because Im not giving people time to read them, so perhaps I should just make a regular opt in toward the end for my newsletter. Should I use paid traffic or rely simply on SEO (maybe some article submission or is that old?)

As far as autoresponder sequences are there any professionally done PLR packages for this market? Ill probably just write them myself after seeing the quality of some supplement PLR stuff I bough (god aweful)...

Studying the heck out of PPC, all your advice is appreciated.

Thanks
#advice #estate #generation #lead #online #real
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Besides posting on Craigslist, you should also consider Facebook Marketplace, Zillow, Zumper, Trulia and RealtyTrac
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402838].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SupplementKid
      Originally Posted by craigsposterpro View Post

      Besides posting on Craigslist, you should also consider Facebook Marketplace, Zillow, Zumper, Trulia and RealtyTrac
      Isn't Zillow and Trulia (+Possibly RealtyTrac and others..) automatically syndicated from my local MLS once a listing is posted? Or are you talking about some kind of classifieds they have that Im not aware of. Thanks for the Facebook Marketplace tip, Ill be sure to check it out!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402971].message }}
  • Not sure about RealtyTrac, but yes MLS does automatically syndicate listings to Zillow and Trulia. Facebook Marketplace supposedly gets listing data syndicated from Zumper, but you should verify that to be sure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pablo Visconti
    Originally Posted by SupplementKid View Post


    FB funnel sounds the best because your sending facebook traffic and converting there. Supposedly the guru guy was saying he got leads around $6 with this method. With this funnel the sellers can get "seller hacks" and buyers can get "buyer tips".

    I dont have the deepest pockets for spending on ads, but Im thinking of sticking with Facebook for traffic atleast at first and doing the FB funnel. Do you think this would be the best site/platform? Any idea of what the cost of client acquisition may be or the average cost per lead?

    Leads are important to this business. Before I was using paid sites for leads but they cost a fortune $30-60 with some of them wanting big referral fee as well. Listings are more valuable than buyers as listing can attract more business...

    Also has anyone thought of any other types of sites that can be utilized for real estate opt ins? I know I have enough but Im out for the best ones.

    I have about 10 600 word blog posts that I put together and plan to add to the IDX site. Im just not too sure how to best use them. If I put on the IDX site there is a popup that can grab opt ins, but I think this may mess with conversions on the blog front because Im not giving people time to read them, so perhaps I should just make a regular opt in toward the end for my newsletter. Should I use paid traffic or rely simply on SEO (maybe some article submission or is that old?)

    As far as autoresponder sequences are there any professionally done PLR packages for this market? Ill probably just write them myself after seeing the quality of some supplement PLR stuff I bough (god aweful)...

    Studying the heck out of PPC, all your advice is appreciated.

    Thanks
    Lead are expensive AF in your niche man, I tried fb ads for realtors, and sheesh. Not doing that again.

    Do you have a high conveting funnel yourself? I can offer you one that i created through clickfunnels if you wish. It offers a "free evaluation" lead magnet at the fron page, but it's obviously super customizable. The fact that these funnels that have been created with clickfunnels, are better at converting leads, mean the ad cost gets cheaper. PM if you wish.

    As for the traffic, i think the blog is still a good way to do it. Creating as many backlinks into your funnel as you can. Use a good landing page and offer something for free in exchange for the email.

    Regarding PLR, you should check PLR databases like plrdatabase.net. You don't have to used them if you don't want to, you can go ahead and read through 3 or 4, and create a mash up of all of them and call it your own.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    You are going to need a quality website then drive traffic to it with Pay Per Click services like Google Adwords and Bing Ads. You can target your geographic directly with settings and Keywords. You will also need an email marketing service like Getresponse to capture emails and email market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403433].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elvisjay
    I've been licensed in real estate since 2004, owned my own brokerage for 8 years and have been generating real estate leads the whole time. I have hired and fired all the top lead gen companies because they couldn't outperform me. Let me tell you what works and what doesn't....craigslist leads are low quality especially if you're not advertising your own listings(which is against their TOS). What's my home worth leads are also worthless. The offer isn't compelling either since all they need to do is go to Zillow. The opt-ins are pretty easy, but after generating over 450 opt-ins for a client on those types of leads, email dripping them for 10 months as well as having professional ISA's follow up on the phone, they still haven't listed 1 house. That was in Colorado. If you live in an area that is less savvy, you might have better results. Facebook ads are working pretty well right now as long as you have the right offer, with a great landing page or bot attached to the ad. I would be glad to speak to you on it and promise I'll give you honest answers.
    Signature
    Business Development Consultant
    www.GoyexTech.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SupplementKid
    Originally Posted by DURABLEOILCOM View Post

    You are going to need a quality website then drive traffic to it with Pay Per Click services like Google Adwords and Bing Ads. You can target your geographic directly with settings and Keywords. You will also need an email marketing service like Getresponse to capture emails and email market.
    Yes, Im diligently researching PPC. I got aweber and mailchimp, Im going to have to use just one in the future. My IT guy I used to build my IDX site couldnt get aweber to work with his popup app, so I got stuck with using 2 different mail services across my different sites. Ill probably hire someone else to fix it as I certainly dont need 2 separate services. Ill probably end up using Mailchimp since thats what we can get working on both sites.

    Originally Posted by Pablo Visconti View Post

    Lead are expensive AF in your niche man, I tried fb ads for realtors, and sheesh. Not doing that again.

    Do you have a high conveting funnel yourself? I can offer you one that i created through clickfunnels if you wish. It offers a "free evaluation" lead magnet at the fron page, but it's obviously super customizable. The fact that these funnels that have been created with clickfunnels, are better at converting leads, mean the ad cost gets cheaper. PM if you wish.

    As for the traffic, i think the blog is still a good way to do it. Creating as many backlinks into your funnel as you can. Use a good landing page and offer something for free in exchange for the email.

    Regarding PLR, you should check PLR databases like plrdatabase.net. You don't have to used them if you don't want to, you can go ahead and read through 3 or 4, and create a mash up of all of them and call it your own.
    Yeah, blogging seems good, I strive to put together good info. Im just not that familiar with SEO especially now with all the updates that seem to happen frequently. Nonetheless I have some courses on the subject Ill have to go through.

    Ill look at PLR articles again. I purchased some for supplements (which Im obviously into), but they were terrible. I think Im going to get DragonSpeech software and spin some info.

    Will PM soon..


    Originally Posted by Roger99 View Post

    You can get lot of real state lead form craigslist posting.
    Craigslist is good. I myself was promoting HUD listings at one time, but there are so few of them now. I believe other sites like VA/Fannie Mae allow you to market their properties too. I could always promote my families brokerage listings too, but my family doesnt do a WHOLE lot and when they get listings lots of times they DONT even put them on the MLS (believe it or not!).

    Originally Posted by elvisjay View Post

    I've been licensed in real estate since 2004, owned my own brokerage for 8 years and have been generating real estate leads the whole time. I have hired and fired all the top lead gen companies because they couldn't outperform me. Let me tell you what works and what doesn't....craigslist leads are low quality especially if you're not advertising your own listings(which is against their TOS). What's my home worth leads are also worthless. The offer isn't compelling either since all they need to do is go to Zillow. The opt-ins are pretty easy, but after generating over 450 opt-ins for a client on those types of leads, email dripping them for 10 months as well as having professional ISA's follow up on the phone, they still haven't listed 1 house. That was in Colorado. If you live in an area that is less savvy, you might have better results. Facebook ads are working pretty well right now as long as you have the right offer, with a great landing page or bot attached to the ad. I would be glad to speak to you on it and promise I'll give you honest answers.
    Very cool. Im trying not to spread myself too thin, I usually do though. For instance I used to have the MLO license (let lapse) and Appraisal license (still retain-1 year experience here) as well. Heck, I just finished a property management course yesterday to get me a designation Ill probably never use until Im a Broker. I know now I should just stick to sales. I work a full time job that sometimes requires 12 hours of my time a day, it pays ok but as soon as I build up some funds I may just get the hell out of there. Other than Sales I study ecommerce stuff and do school.

    My budget isnt very big at all, thats why I reached out to this community before spending on ads. Im actually in the process of a BK Lost all my money this last year on BTC, a greedy ex and then gambling trying to recoup my losses.

    Did not know about that CL TOS fact, thanks. As far as using other agents listings without their permission I have to check with the local MLS to see if its allowed, but even if so it would probably piss off some agents. Theres a number of other classified sites out there as you know. I wonder if any are worth posting to?

    Do you use a IDX at all? My uncle down south is an agent and uses TigerLeads, he calls them as soon as possible and does alright for himself despite his character flaws. I bet he doesn't even fully monetize his huge list that hes built, yet hes bragging all the time about doing 100K+ (nothing, I know...) in a shitty area. Im a 4th gen. R.E. salesperson, but not bragging since it hasn't helped me! In fact, it probably hurts my chances since my SOI overlaps with my mother & stepfathers - they get all the sales from family/friends.

    PM'd! I hope we can both benefit from each-others info and have it not so one-sided.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403830].message }}
  • Here some quick tips..

    This should point you in the right direction forsure.

    Generate Your Own Leads (Always go for quality)

    Start with Google Adwords Search (you can get a coupon code for $100 just search Adwords Credit)

    Adwords is actually very reasonable once you get enough conversion data, you can use their CPA Optimizer, which will allow you to generate leads a targeted lead cost. This is automated btw

    The real key to Adwords, is making sure you have a above average quality score. The higher your quality score, the less you would have to bid for first page placements.

    Make sure your Ads are relevant to your keywords. You can categorize this in Adgroups.

    Also, write great ad copy to draw a high CTR. Make sure your website has above average speed.

    These are a few tips on getting a high quality score.

    Quick Way to Accomplish This
    Contact Adwords an ask them if there team can build out your campaign for you.

    Usually, you would have to commit to spending at least $25 - $50 a day and there team will actually help you with your campaign.

    Use Clickfunnels or my favorite web developmemt resource Instapage.

    I've seen conversion rates up to 60% with Instapage and was fortunate to generate leads aa low as $0.70 per lead with these strategies.

    Additional Traffic Sources
    - Bing Ads
    -Yahoo Gemini
    -Gmail Sponsored Ads
    - Yahoo Mail Ads

    If you're interested in really getting super cheap advertising... You could purchase 3rd party data and upload to Gmail Ads and Yahoo Mail Ads and get clicks as low as 0.02 cents per click.

    Giving you guys some good stuff here lol...

    Hope this helps

    Ralpheal
    Create Optimize Monetize Manage
    Signature

    Direct Sales Company shares up to 50% of Daily Revenue with Qualified Affiliates - This Is Very Unique - Visit our team site Go Fun Places Team.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403866].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics