Online Work - Situational Action

15 replies
Hello Everyone,

I understand that this topic has been discussed over 1m times, however we sure know that there is no easy road for success or growth by any means.

I started this topic hoping to get some advise from whomever been through the same, which i am sure they do exists a lot here.

I am 28 Years old who has been working since 13. from random jobs to actual multinational companies and did run my own business for 5 years.

After 15 years for personal reasons i have to start all over from the scratch, back to 0 again believing that giving up is not an option and if i have to go through all my days again i would not hesitate, however i want to start again but on the right track, which is what i am looking for here.

Through my years of experience i have had the chance to learn a lot in the business field which i am about to list now:

1- Business management - (Coaching, Mentoring, Training, Process Mapping)
2- Organizational & communication skills - Dealing with customers, suppliers .. etc
3- Analytical skills (Business & process analysis, Defects & six sigma management)
4- E-books publishing on amazon
5- E-commerce (import & Export) this one was my own business shipped over 250k product from USA to Gulf area so that all includes process management, supply chain & Consolidation
6- Procurement
7- Design skills using photoshop (Not an expert but i am decent)
8-Internet marketing (Paid Facebook Campaigns and traffic: did drive the page from 0 to 261k fans in 2 years) with over 25k engagement per month
9- Call Center Establishment ( Multinational company- from a junior Rep to Account manager position)
10- Customer delight
11- E-commerce website establishment using CMS like photoshop.. etc
12- 2 Successful Blackfriday campaigns with crazy ROI

I am not sure what else can i list through this, but that within the scope of experience.

Finally my question is how can i use my skills to develop a Job online because that is the only option i currently have. As i am willing to dedicate 15 hour a day to get back to the top no matter how long it takes, just trying to take the right road.

I understand that i can look up a Niche and start working on it, however its always not complete, something missing in the process. hence someone with experience can possibly look at my skills and can guide me through the best road from his/her point of view.

Appreciate your support.
#action #online #situational #work
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author DaveMartin
    It looks like you have a lot of transferable skills but it really depends on your personal time frame in terms of achieving your goals.

    If you need to earn money now, then looking at the skills you have, you could easily pitch for jobs on upwork or similar gig sites.

    If you have more long term goals then you could position yourself as a business/life coach and build a brand in order to obtain clients.

    I think you need to define an end goal along with a time according to your own personal circumstances.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434624].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Salama
      First i would like to thank you for your response.

      I certainly tried gigs websites, i understand it takes time to build a profile, However:

      Website like:

      1- Freelancer.com = ALOT of mis-bids, people from India, Bangladesh,.. etc they bid on every project offering the lowest possible rate and god knows the quality in there. so the competition is a wreck. but i am still bidding there and i am sure sooner or later i will get a chance.
      2- Fiveer.com = I have recently created 4 gigs and i am still searching the best way to advertise for it.
      3- Upwork= refused my application because they said they have enough people offering my skills which i find surprising.

      Regarding being a life coach. that was mainly my goal, however working on this with a minimum to 0 budget is not easy thats why i had to target gigs website first so that i try to make some cash for me to advertise for my main project.

      Hence i wanted to ask if i am on the right track right now or there is something else i could do to enhance this process.

      Again i appreciate your response.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
    You have a lot of experience. You should pick and and build profile on social media channels, then you can have many works as a freelance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434744].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Salama
      Originally Posted by affmarketer101 View Post

      You have a lot of experience. You should pick and and build profile on social media channels, then you can have many works as a freelance.
      Thank you.

      Thats why i am trying to figure out what is the best way to introduce my servcies to the market. I have the know-how but i am not sure how can i start.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435296].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
        Originally Posted by Omar Salama View Post

        Thank you.

        Thats why i am trying to figure out what is the best way to introduce my servcies to the market. I have the know-how but i am not sure how can i start.
        Too many options. You risk being regarded as a "Jack of all trades and master of none." Pick no more than a couple closely related things you are good at as well as enjoy - and forget the rest.

        Focus!

        P.S. I don't even want to know what #10, entails. lol
        Signature

        "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435308].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Omar Salama
          Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

          Too many options. You risk being regarded as a "Jack of all trades and master of none." Pick no more than a couple closely related things you are good at as well as enjoy - and forget the rest.

          Focus!

          P.S. I don't even want to know what #10, entails. lol
          Thank you!

          Yea i totally understand your point, which is actually my main concern.

          However looking at the experience its all gained through running projects. running multiple teams can earn you experience in all of these field as there are no diversification.

          Hence i was looking at being a business consultant, but wanted to know how can i get the start line and i can get it from there.

          @ #10 ahaha, Customer delight is required by large entities as an extra satisfactory service to maintain over 90% customer satisfaction by going the extra mile with them lol.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435313].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
            Originally Posted by Omar Salama View Post

            Thank you!

            Yea i totally understand your point, which is actually my main concern.

            However looking at the experience its all gained through running projects. running multiple teams can earn you experience in all of these field as there are no diversification.

            Hence i was looking at being a business consultant, but wanted to know how can i get the start line and i can get it from there.
            Fine - then find a way to distill them. Explaining your position doesn't change the appearance of what you are putting forward. While they may be inter-related, some have more cachet as a skill to offer as a consultant. I was a telemarketer. Then I trained thousands of people to become telemarketers. I wouldn't mention both in my promotional materials. Some things are understood, without being formally stated.

            @ #10 ahaha, Customer delight is required by large entities as an extra satisfactory service to maintain over 90% customer satisfaction by going the extra mile with them lol.
            I get it. It's all about the customer relationship having a happy ending. :-)
            Signature

            "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Omar Salama View Post

    First i would like to thank you for your response.

    I certainly tried gigs websites, i understand it takes time to build a profile, However:

    Website like:

    1- Freelancer.com = ALOT of mis-bids, people from India, Bangladesh,.. etc they bid on every project offering the lowest possible rate and god knows the quality in there. so the competition is a wreck. but i am still bidding there and i am sure sooner or later i will get a chance.
    2- Fiveer.com = I have recently created 4 gigs and i am still searching the best way to advertise for it.
    3- Upwork= refused my application because they said they have enough people offering my skills which i find surprising.

    Regarding being a life coach. that was mainly my goal, however working on this with a minimum to 0 budget is not easy thats why i had to target gigs website first so that i try to make some cash for me to advertise for my main project.

    Hence i wanted to ask if i am on the right track right now or there is something else i could do to enhance this process.

    Again i appreciate your response.
    Yep, been online for more than 10 years and pretty much tried everything online, (except drop shipping) and quite a few years offline trying a lot of things.

    And whittled it all down to Online Stock Market trading, since there is no ceiling and if you pick the right trader, (quite a few scammers out there) no funds issues.

    But you probably need a few thousand to make 1k a month, and it isn't for everyone, (l have seen plenty of horror stories on the trading forum l belong to) eventhough the founder, is successful and keeps showing how he does it.

    Last thing l tried was flyers, did a budget, and about 300 over a year, but the numbers didn't reflect previous sales rates, and 1 year to make 1k a month blew out to almost 10.

    But in your case ok, advertising on Fiverr, contact individuals who have bought what you are offering at least two times, and ask for any gigs they could send your way.

    I had a few do this when l kept using someone to clean image elements for me, or when l commented on the great job, others who couldn't get a gig contacted me.

    That is an effective trick to get sales and stars or whatever flowing, but don't do it too often.

    Good luck.

    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435405].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Salama
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

      Yep, been online for more than 10 years and pretty much tried everything online, (except drop shipping) and quite a few years offline trying a lot of things.

      And whittled it all down to Online Stock Market trading, since there is no ceiling and if you pick the right trader, (quite a few scammers out there) no funds issues.

      But you probably need a few thousand to make 1k a month, and it isn't for everyone, (l have seen plenty of horror stories on the trading forum l belong to) eventhough the founder, is successful and keeps showing how he does it.

      Last thing l tried was flyers, did a budget, and about 300 over a year, but the numbers didn't reflect previous sales rates, and 1 year to make 1k a month blew out to almost 10.

      But in your case ok, advertising on Fiverr, contact individuals who have bought what you are offering at least two times, and ask for any gigs they could send your way.

      I had a few do this when l kept using someone to clean image elements for me, or when l commented on the great job, others who couldn't get a gig contacted me.

      That is an effective trick to get sales and stars or whatever flowing, but don't do it too often.

      Good luck.


      Thank you for your detailed response!

      I actually had the chance to work in the stock market, yet in the forex field, that was couple of years ago. and i found really great and interesting specially with all the platforms like zulutrade.. etc it makes it easier for beginners to actually kick in securely.

      I don't have a lot of experience with "stock" but yea it requires cash to start with so you can make a decent living out of it.

      In fact i though about IB (introducing broker) services since i am decent in making simple websites and collecting some news the IB services can make some good money if you have a good partner with you that can work along the plan.

      I am not sure if you tried this as well and if you did can you please tell me how did it go with you.

      Appreciate your response

      and yea for the gigs certainly thats a very good idea, however i need to get my initial customers first which i am trying to do but creating multiple gigs, like dividing one big service into smaller one's so that you can appear more in the search but for sure i will try what you recommended once i land more offers in.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435417].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
        Originally Posted by Omar Salama View Post

        Thank you for your detailed response!

        I actually had the chance to work in the stock market, yet in the forex field, that was couple of years ago. and i found really great and interesting specially with all the platforms like zulutrade.. etc it makes it easier for beginners to actually kick in securely.

        I don't have a lot of experience with "stock" but yea it requires cash to start with so you can make a decent living out of it.

        In fact i though about IB (introducing broker) services since i am decent in making simple websites and collecting some news the IB services can make some good money if you have a good partner with you that can work along the plan.

        I am not sure if you tried this as well and if you did can you please tell me how did it go with you.

        Appreciate your response

        and yea for the gigs certainly thats a very good idea, however i need to get my initial customers first which i am trying to do but creating multiple gigs, like dividing one big service into smaller one's so that you can appear more in the search but for sure i will try what you recommended once i land more offers in.
        No, l don't work with partners with online trading, just follow a successful one, and yeah, forex, considered signing up for one company that only deals with that, but if is like riding a roller coaster with a jump, too scary for my liking.

        I mainly stay with tech, or ETF's, just as long as they ascending, and are above ema and one of the sma lines, etc.

        And have some decent volume.

        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435585].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Omar Salama
          Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

          No, l don't work with partners with online trading, just follow a successful one, and yeah, forex, considered signing up for one company that only deals with that, but if is like riding a roller coaster with a jump, too scary for my liking.

          I mainly stay with tech, or ETF's, just as long as they ascending, and are above ema and one of the sma lines, etc.

          And have some decent volume.

          ahh i see. i have only considered the IB system because you only need to introduce a broker to customers and you get % on every trade is placed, it can accumulate some good cash. but yea stable business is what i am on for
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    I like your careful thoughtfulness Omar; good trait to have.

    Seems like being a life coach is your dream. One smart way to fund that dream - so you can do it right - is to get an offline job now to earn some coin. Good things take time, and a financial investment as far as a domain and hosting. Getting an offline job is a quick way to invest in your online business and to pay bills as you patiently lay a foundation for your venture.

    Most of all: do what you love doing and tie that passion to some pressing problem.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435962].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Salama
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      I like your careful thoughtfulness Omar; good trait to have.

      Seems like being a life coach is your dream. One smart way to fund that dream - so you can do it right - is to get an offline job now to earn some coin. Good things take time, and a financial investment as far as a domain and hosting. Getting an offline job is a quick way to invest in your online business and to pay bills as you patiently lay a foundation for your venture.

      Most of all: do what you love doing and tie that passion to some pressing problem.
      I really appreciate your response and it makes perfect sense, however due to some medical conditions i am not able to work offline jobs, which is way i am taking more time now trying to get back up again in the online era
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11435968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    5- E-commerce (import & Export) this one was my own business shipped over 250k product from USA to Gulf area so that all includes process management, supply chain & Consolidation
    If you have organiational and management skills - and knowledge of sourcing, etc - the above item would be a good focus. You are looking at too many things. If you had success in e-commerce - what happened with it? Why not replicate what you know?

    4- E-books publishing on amazon
    What does that mean? Have you written books that are selling - or only acquired the knowledge to 'publish' the book?

    Check out threads here (use the search function) on ddrop shipping and product sourcing - check out the 'sticky' post in the main forum section by Fred Lam who offers WF members a free course in ecommerce....
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Omar Salama
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      If you have organiational and management skills - and knowledge of sourcing, etc - the above item would be a good focus. You are looking at too many things. If you had success in e-commerce - what happened with it? Why not replicate what you know?


      What does that mean? Have you written books that are selling - or only acquired the knowledge to 'publish' the book?

      Check out threads here (use the search function) on ddrop shipping and product sourcing - check out the 'sticky' post in the main forum section by Fred Lam who offers WF members a free course in ecommerce....

      Thanks Kay for your response!

      As for the e-commerce, it was running for over 3 years and doing very well however my country did shut down this business (Egypt) due to USD usage with is very limited in Egypt in the last couple of years. meanwhile Egypt was my main hub and has the highest volume, had all shipments coming under the company name held at customs for over a month and customers requested refunds.. etc.

      If i am to run e-commerce again it would certainly be drop shipping, i will definitely check the thread you advised.

      For amazon: No i haven't written any books, however i did work on a project where the client used to publish Mini books like: How to cook, how to Yoyo.. etc. We had the process starting from topic collection to writing & publishing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436753].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics