I can only work part time on days I feel good so I figure I'd learn IM/online business so I can work from remotely from home, work my own hours, and hopefully a year from now have enough skills to make a stable income (whether on my own projects or working for others).
I chose SEO/content marketing since its more or less free to learn and I have nothing but time on my hands. (open to other suggestions of IM to learn btw)
I've built my site. Chose a niche I have expertise in. And my site speed is under 2 seconds and otherwise optimized for Google SERPS.
Time to start writing content. So Keyword research here's my process and I'd love to get some feedback as to if this is a reliable (enough) method:
1. Create list of "problems/questions" that my niche needs answered (Check. I've got 200+)
2. Hop on Google keyword planner and type in good keywords to distill A) best keyword query B) high search volume
3. Narrow down list of 200+ article ideas to best 30-50 articles with high search volume
4. Assess top 5 ranking sites w/ MozBar to assess competition (mainly checking for domain authority?.. I.e. its going to be hard to outrank HealthLine.com but I could compete with MommyPottamus's health blog [not knocking mommypottamus lol])
5. Read the top articles and determine if I could write a better article to answer the search query better than what is currently ranking
6. If a keyword query makes it through step 1-5 ---> add article to my article queue
7. Repeat steps
I've heard MozBar is innaccurate is this true? Other tools you prefer?
Thanks I'm excited to enter this scary world of IM and one day dominate (despite any handicaps I may have coming into this).