I am running an E-Commerce store (as a hobby) for 2 years and barely made some sales. As I have learned a lot regarding SEO in this time i have the follong questions for the more experienced users then i am.
- Most product images have bad filenames for SEO
- Many products have already 1 or 2 url forwardings due to slug changes for SEO
- Overall Keyword strategy is rather bad
- The database has grown too big and has too many orphaned entries
- As i don't have a lot of traffic (approx 100 visitors per week), would it be wise to simply start from scratch?
- Would Google and others need long to "forget" the old urls on my site and see it as "all-new"?
- What makes more sense, Restart from scratch (i can import all my products via excel) or spend endless hours replacing all images wiht new ones and looking for urls with too many re-directs?
While i know, this is a question which possibly can't be simply answered A or B, i for myself as SEO novice think it would be easier to simply start from scratch as i do not have a lot to use.
Am i wrong on this?
(link removed by moderator)
I'd be happy to share knowledge/help against help from my side if you need anything graphic design wise
Have a good day everyone