We're new here--nice to meet you all!

15 replies
Hi Everyone!

We're new here to Warrior Forum--found out about the Warrior Forum through youtube. We didn't know about Warrior Forum, great place!

We're passionate about Health and Wellness. We believe in Dualism=mind & body are 1. We address the mind and the body to achieve happy health. Studies show the mind and body are 1.

On a side note, we've tried uploading our profile pic at 150 x 150 pixels as required, but it's not displaying for some reason--wonder if it's because we're on the free account right now? We do plan on upgrading to a paid membership in Jan/Feb.

Thanks for letting us be here!
#herenice #meet
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Membership is free - and doesn't affect your ability to fill out your profile.



    For your avatar/photo - you need to host it on an online site and then link to that. As I recall, you can't upload the pic from your computer ot the forum.


    welcome!
    Signature
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563857].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kool Kat Health
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Membership is free - and doesn't affect your ability to fill out your profile.



      For your avatar/photo - you need to host it on an online site and then link to that. As I recall, you can't upload the pic from your computer ot the forum.


      welcome!
      Thanks for the tip!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563925].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kool Kat Health
        I tried attaching a link with a valid URL from our blog (my wife and me-Michael) of a pic of us and for some reason, it's still not showing publicly, but it shows up when I look on our personal profile. I'll look into fixing it as soon as I can. Thanks the tip
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563937].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
          Originally Posted by Kool Kat Health View Post

          I tried attaching a link with a valid URL from our blog (my wife and me-Michael) of a pic of us and for some reason, it's still not showing publicly, but it shows up when I look on our personal profile. I'll look into fixing it as soon as I can. Thanks the tip
          Profile pic and avatar are separate. Your profile pic shows on your profile. You need to add an avatar to show on forum posts.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Originally Posted by Kool Kat Health View Post

    We're passionate about Health and Wellness. We believe in Dualism=mind & body are 1. We address the mind and the body to achieve happy health. Studies show the mind and body are 1.
    Although not against the forum's TOS, maybe you should consider opening separate accounts. It's a little disconcerting talking to a "we". How many of you are there? Do you all share the same opinions? How do we know which one of you is posting? And FYI, dualism means the opposite of what what you state.

    Anyway, welcome to you all.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563860].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kool Kat Health
      @ Frank Donovan Thanks kindly for your reply. For the sake of clarification, when I say 'we' I speak of us as a husband/wife team--you can see our profile. However, for the sake of this post, I am clarifying it is at "I" that would be me and my name is Michael--you can see me on 'our' blog. We're new here and will keep that in mind so I can clarify it more specifically. My wife and I have been married for 23 years and have 4 children, and we both sometimes say 'us, we, our's, etc." simply because of being married for so long. Thanks for brining that out, we'll strive to be more specific.

      In terms of Dualism meaning different than what we, that's not true. In the medical world, it's definition is subjective and it can mean different things. For example, it can mean the following:

      1. the division of something conceptually into two opposed or contrasted aspects, or the state of being so divided.
      2. the quality or condition of being dual; duality=oneness.
      3. the belief that there are two kinds of reality: material (physical) and immaterial (spiritual). In Philosophy of Mind, Dualism is the position that mind and body are in some categorical way separate from each other, and that mental phenomena are, in some respects, non-physical in nature.

      The list of definitions for dualism goes on and on. Dualism in psychology, Dualism in self-improvement, Dualism in economics, dualism in international law, dualism in medicine, dualism in philosophy, dualism in the biopsychosocial model, etc.. Within all of these fields, their definition of dualism is subjective to the field. Even in the world of psychology, Dr. Adam Cash plainly states that many of the 'truths' that psychologists hold to are based on the hypothesis that have yet to be tested. There are also MANY different fields of psychology too--so it can become quite complicated.
      3.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563924].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    One suggestion for your site - move the "contact us" widget to the right side where it won't cover any content or annoy people like me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563899].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kool Kat Health
      @ IGotMine Thanks for the heads up. I (Michael) did put the widget on our right side, not sure what's happening there. On our phones and labtop, it's on our right side, but we'll look into it for you. Thanks for bringing that out
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author toysoldier80
    Nice to meet you as well. Welcome to the forum, you will absolutely love it here )

    I checked out your website as well.. its so blue never seen such an awesome color schema in all my years surfing the net. Two Thumbs up
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563965].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FedericoMagni
    According to Crunchbase, the company (Warrior Forum) was founded in 1997. Welcome to Warrior Forum, 22 years later.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    Originally Posted by Kool Kat Health View Post

    Hi Everyone!

    We're new here to Warrior Forum--found out about the Warrior Forum through youtube. We didn't know about Warrior Forum, great place!

    We're passionate about Health and Wellness. We believe in Dualism=mind & body are 1. We address the mind and the body to achieve happy health. Studies show the mind and body are 1.

    On a side note, we've tried uploading our profile pic at 150 x 150 pixels as required, but it's not displaying for some reason--wonder if it's because we're on the free account right now? We do plan on upgrading to a paid membership in Jan/Feb.

    Thanks for letting us be here!
    I am not sure about the correct sizes to upload images but thank you for joining the community. I look forward to learning and networking with you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11564324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author volcan
    hi and welcome,wish u luck in ur project ! i am sure that u will find right way ,good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11565131].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    Tip for Kool Kat, when you want to thank people use the thanks button

    al
    Signature

    "The problem with the rat race is that even if you win you're still a rat." ~Lilly Tomlin~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11565153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by Kool Kat Health View Post

    Hi Everyone!

    We're new here to Warrior Forum--found out about the Warrior Forum through youtube. We didn't know about Warrior Forum, great place!

    We're passionate about Health and Wellness. We believe in Dualism=mind & body are 1. We address the mind and the body to achieve happy health. Studies show the mind and body are 1.

    On a side note, we've tried uploading our profile pic at 150 x 150 pixels as required, but it's not displaying for some reason--wonder if it's because we're on the free account right now? We do plan on upgrading to a paid membership in Jan/Feb.

    Thanks for letting us be here!
    Welcome to WF!

    What are you looking at getting from and learning from WF?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11565250].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics