8 replies
Hello everyone! I have been working at my startup for a year now, however, I've been told that I'll see more business growth with data consultants. [edited by moderator]
However, what do you guys think? Does a startup company require this? Is this really helpful? I'd love some advice. Thanks!
#advice #startup
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Not much to go on here. How much useful data do you have after a year? If you mean industry data, didn't you research that before you started?
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11728881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Originally Posted by LizzySmith37 View Post

    Hello everyone! I have been working at my startup for a year now, however, I've been told that I'll see more business growth with data consultants. [edited by moderator]
    However, what do you guys think? Does a startup company require this? Is this really helpful? I'd love some advice. Thanks!
    We need more context.

    You have a startup? What business is it, who's your customer, what do you do for them?

    What does it mean that you'll "see more business growth with data consultants"? What is a data consultant from your perspective? How will you work with them? Bring them in house to do data analysis? Use them for affiliate to bring in new business from their network? Something else?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11728892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    Sounds like people are trying to get you to buy into their services and put money in their pockets because you can collect data yourself.

    As a start up my advice to you is to build measure and learn in phases rather than assume you know what the customer wants .

    Remember that people set trends and the market will let you know whether they like your products or not .So what you need is "feed back"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11728925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WF- Enzo
    Administrator
    Welcome to the forum. Please make sure to read the forum rules here - https://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...ral-rules.html
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11728971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Of course people are here - but the person who asked the question didn't return to provide more information as requested. The OP did not give enough info for anyone to provide a realistic answer.



    Feel free to answer the question yourself.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog.
    ***
    Vegetarian, an ancient Mohawk Indian word that means "poor hunter"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11729038].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Of course people are here - but the person who asked the question didn't return to provide more information as requested.
      Yes, it's almost as if the only reason the OP joined was to promote the data consultant service link that was removed from the post.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11729044].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
        Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

        Yes, it's almost as if the only reason the OP joined was to promote the data consultant service link that was removed from the post.
        Even if they abandon ship, it gives us one more opportunity to drop our sig file, eh? A win/win...provided they don't ever come back.

        GordonJ
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11729060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Surely you jest, Frank - who would do that?
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog.
    ***
    Vegetarian, an ancient Mohawk Indian word that means "poor hunter"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11729058].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics