How to create a Blog Category or page in a website?

6 replies
Hi,
I have little bit confusion about creating a section "Blog " in website.

Forex example
My Main URL: "example.com" where I to show only my services selling content.
I also want to create a URL " example.com/blog " where I want to create some categories and posts.

Please suggest me, should I create a Main Category " Blog" then go for sub categories under this.

Or should I create page with name" Blog" Where I show categories with posts etc. on that page.

Wrapping up ,
simply I want this example.com/blog

Should I create a category or Page with name of "Blog"

Thanks


[Edited by moderator: affiliate links not allowed in sig files]
#blog #category #create #page #website
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author federal06
    Create a page called BLOG and create multiple categories and tags with keywords, this can help you with SEO. LMK if you like the idea. In my case, I have my main domain with a landing page and a subdomain with the blog.
    Signature

    Create a monthly passive income machine from home... Go HERE!
    FREE Training Reveals Easy Side Hustle To Make Money From Anywhere. Click HERE!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11733959].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coolclouds
      Originally Posted by federal06 View Post

      Create a page called BLOG and create multiple categories and tags with keywords, this can help you with SEO. LMK if you like the idea. In my case, I have my main domain with a landing page and a subdomain with the blog.
      Thanks a lot for guiding me , I am going to create a Page named " blog" .

      I have small website so I don't want to create a subdomain for this and I guess Google see Main domain and subdomain as separate website.

      Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11733993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Do both. Create a separate page with the name Blog, then create a directory named Blog, and offer subcategories that can be put under the top directory blog.

    In short, just make the website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11733983].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coolclouds
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Do both. Create a separate page with the name Blog, then create a directory named Blog, and offer subcategories that can be put under the top directory blog.

      In short, just make the website.
      Ok , Thanks for your tip. I have a question , is creating subdirectory necessary?
      I have small WordPress website and creating a directory will be complicated, so I think just creating a separate page named "blog" is enough for me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11733994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wealthkey
    Why not add the blog page on the website as an extra link
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11734386].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coolclouds
      Originally Posted by Wealthkey View Post

      Why not add the blog page on the website as an extra link
      Yes, Now I have created separate page now as some other seniors members have suggested me. Thanks for your suggestion .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11734433].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics