How do I make a sale from my landing page?

by cap360
37 replies
  • CRO
  • |
Hi all
I have been driving traffic to my landing page. It is for soccer meme and soccer enthusiasts.
However I havent sold 1 single copy of my e magazine.
I dont know what to do .... yesterday 800 visitors viewed my landing page and still no sales


anyone know a solution?

here is my landing page:
Soccer Meme E Magazine


Maybe the price is too high?
#landing #make #page #sale #soccer
  • Profile picture of the author RogozRazvan
    The copy & the design are kind of broken.

    Put yourself in their shoes - would you buy from such a site?

    Get a simpler design, use AIDA (attention interest desire action) and make it look a bit professional. The niche doesn't excuse the mess.

    Best regards,
    Razvan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9768880].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cap360
      Originally Posted by RogozRazvan View Post

      The copy & the design are kind of broken.

      Put yourself in their shoes - would you buy from such a site?

      Get a simpler design, use AIDA (attention interest desire action) and make it look a bit professional. The niche doesn't excuse the mess.

      Best regards,
      Razvan

      my market is latin america....they need to see more content first then buy
      Signature

      Online entrepreneur
      Social Media guru

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shaolinsteve
    Originally Posted by cap360 View Post

    Hi all
    I have been driving traffic to my landing page. It is for soccer meme and soccer enthusiasts.
    However I havent sold 1 single copy of my e magazine.
    I dont know what to do .... yesterday 800 visitors viewed my landing page and still no sales


    anyone know a solution?

    here is my landing page:
    Soccer Meme E Magazine


    Maybe the price is too high?
    1. The plenty of likes home page looks awful. (your soccer sub-domain after it looks odd). Why not just pay for another full domain?

    2. Your landing page looks awful for conversions. (have you even looked at what you're competitors are doing?

    3. Why are you still using PP Sandbox?


    Suggestion:
    Look at what your competitors have and split test. Another place you should look at are Facebook pages. Look at their tabs and see what landing pages they are using. If those pages have responses viewers, then most likely they're responding to the landing pages also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9769719].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cap360
      Originally Posted by Shaolinsteve View Post

      1. The plenty of likes home page looks awful. (your soccer sub-domain after it looks odd). Why not just pay for another full domain?

      2. Your landing page looks awful for conversions. (have you even looked at what you're competitors are doing?

      3. Why are you still using PP Sandbox?


      Suggestion:
      Look at what your competitors have and split test. Another place you should look at are Facebook pages. Look at their tabs and see what landing pages they are using. If those pages have responses viewers, then most likely they're responding to the landing pages also.
      I added a pop up
      check it out..
      Signature

      Online entrepreneur
      Social Media guru

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776302].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cap360
      Originally Posted by Shaolinsteve View Post

      1. The plenty of likes home page looks awful. (your soccer sub-domain after it looks odd). Why not just pay for another full domain?

      2. Your landing page looks awful for conversions. (have you even looked at what you're competitors are doing?

      3. Why are you still using PP Sandbox?


      Suggestion:
      Look at what your competitors have and split test. Another place you should look at are Facebook pages. Look at their tabs and see what landing pages they are using. If those pages have responses viewers, then most likely they're responding to the landing pages also.
      well i got this e magazine, want to help me sell it?
      Signature

      Online entrepreneur
      Social Media guru

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9776304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slxnderman
    Memes are known to be free. That's maybe people are just looking for a meme gallery, not to buy memes while there are found in the web. There is not much of a market of what you are promoting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9771142].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Croft
    Originally Posted by cap360 View Post

    Hi all
    I have been driving traffic to my landing page. It is for soccer meme and soccer enthusiasts.
    However I havent sold 1 single copy of my e magazine.
    I dont know what to do .... yesterday 800 visitors viewed my landing page and still no sales


    anyone know a solution?

    here is my landing page:
    Soccer Meme E Magazine


    Maybe the price is too high?
    Have you considered building your landing page and sales funnel through a drag and drop builder like Click funnels or LeadPages?

    It would require an investment but your website would look much cleaner and more professional.

    I'd also suggest giving away your e-book as a freebie in return for name and email address. You could then upload your email contacts into FB as a custom audience and market other products to them in the future?

    Also, consider the profitability of your niche. Football is a hobby for a lot of people and fans tend to spend their money on physical products like merchandise, tickets etc. You could market these via FB etc.

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cap360
    I'm broke James
    But I know football is a passion in Latin America and they would buy my e magazine
    Signature

    Online entrepreneur
    Social Media guru

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author demoheroes
    Firstly, congratulations on being proactive and creating a sales page. It's a good start and definitely more creative than most first time IM-ers. The issue I currently see with your page is that it doesn't appear cohesive, it doesn't have a compelling value proposition and the product might sell to one person - you.

    If you have a look at Wordpress and Themeforests, there are demo sites that can provide you with an example of cohesive sites. They're not expensive and some are free (download Wordpress and install a free theme.)

    James recommended using a landing page to funnel in the target market and not all are expensive. Some such as Launch Rocket are free and are quite professional. Have a look if there are any issues, PM me and I might be able to advise/ help you.

    Finally. depending on what you choose to do - re-work the site, re-work the product or pursue a different niche etc., I suggest undertaking some testing to ensure your site performs well, appearance-wise and navigation at the very least.

    The business I work at offers such testing - a complimentary five minute assessment or a more comprehensive 20 minute assessment. The five minute assessment goes through the website, navigation of pages and basic functionality and comments from a random visitor. It's free, fast and there's no reason you shouldn't use it to get a fresh opinion. If you then want increased sales and success then consider the more comprehensive 20 minute assessment, but that is for more advanced stages.

    The 20 minute assessment expands beyond the 5 minute assessment to give a more comprehensive indication of overall user experience. Beyond that we also implement our "Open Heart Surgery" approach to improve conversions (visitors becoming customers,) identify opportunities to optimise on the site's technical aspects without losing functionality and other secrets we've built around our core skills.

    But if you're keen to relaunch your site, take the 5 minute assessment or at least ask a friend to navigate your site to gain a second opinion. That's often invaluable. Good luck - you've taken the first step! You can do it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778425].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author savidge4
      I personally run a number of soccer ( football ) sites. and your product would be something I might consider... but you are selling images I probably can search the net for real fast and find. you need MORE. You have a better than valid business concept, and a better than decent target audience. You simply need to bring your game up. try looking at: Meme Me Up - Virtually Angels again this is just an example.

      The moment you customize the meme - obviously the value increases dramatically. I actually offer this type of service to my clients. I charge a good chunk a month for 8 custom branded memes.

      and as noted.. hard to sell stuff when your paypal gateway is sandboxed!
      Signature
      Success is an ACT not an idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778513].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cap360
      Originally Posted by demoheroes View Post

      Firstly, congratulations on being proactive and creating a sales page. It's a good start and definitely more creative than most first time IM-ers. The issue I currently see with your page is that it doesn't appear cohesive, it doesn't have a compelling value proposition and the product might sell to one person - you.

      If you have a look at Wordpress and Themeforests, there are demo sites that can provide you with an example of cohesive sites. They're not expensive and some are free (download Wordpress and install a free theme.)

      James recommended using a landing page to funnel in the target market and not all are expensive. Some such as Launch Rocket are free and are quite professional. Have a look if there are any issues, PM me and I might be able to advise/ help you.

      Finally. depending on what you choose to do - re-work the site, re-work the product or pursue a different niche etc., I suggest undertaking some testing to ensure your site performs well, appearance-wise and navigation at the very least.

      The business I work at offers such testing - a complimentary five minute assessment or a more comprehensive 20 minute assessment. The five minute assessment goes through the website, navigation of pages and basic functionality and comments from a random visitor. It's free, fast and there's no reason you shouldn't use it to get a fresh opinion. If you then want increased sales and success then consider the more comprehensive 20 minute assessment, but that is for more advanced stages.

      The 20 minute assessment expands beyond the 5 minute assessment to give a more comprehensive indication of overall user experience. Beyond that we also implement our "Open Heart Surgery" approach to improve conversions (visitors becoming customers,) identify opportunities to optimise on the site's technical aspects without losing functionality and other secrets we've built around our core skills.

      But if you're keen to relaunch your site, take the 5 minute assessment or at least ask a friend to navigate your site to gain a second opinion. That's often invaluable. Good luck - you've taken the first step! You can do it!
      My theme is Booker from wordpress , i just highly customized it because it was dull and boring
      do you suggest any other theme?
      Signature

      Online entrepreneur
      Social Media guru

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BudiT
    Originally Posted by cap360 View Post

    Hi all
    I have been driving traffic to my landing page. It is for soccer meme and soccer enthusiasts.
    However I havent sold 1 single copy of my e magazine.
    I dont know what to do .... yesterday 800 visitors viewed my landing page and still no sales


    anyone know a solution?

    here is my landing page:
    Soccer Meme E Magazine


    Maybe the price is too high?
    Hi Cap360,

    As demoheroes said, you did a very daring step by launching your first sales page at your first attempt.

    But there is so much room for improvement here, and I think you would do yourself a great favor by studying how a proper sales page is laid out.

    But I know football is a passion in Latin America and they would buy my e magazine
    True, but even in other niche, like weight loss (one of the biggest market in the world and millions being spent each year on weight loss products because of its SHEER demand), you still have a lot of competitors. Those who win are those who really study marketing in great depth.

    Okay, I would like layout a few steps for you that you can follow to improve your sales page tremendously:

    1. Clean up the design.
    Right now, your page has too much distraction in it. Even your headline is buried in the color of your pictures.

    Ideally your sales page should consist of one column that is placed right in the middle of the page that stretch to the bottom of the page. You can model after this sales page. (Not affiliate link


    2. Get a stronger headline.
    Something like this would help:

    For Soccer Meme Enthusiast...
    Sit Back And Laugh At The Most Embarassing Stunts That You Would Never Think Your Favorite Soccer Player Would Have Performed In Public!

    That's just an example. You'll need to test several headlines of the same nature.

    Trust me when I say that your headline makes at least 50% impact on your reader and your sales.

    But seriously: Study the sales page sample I gave you above, because the product creator is someone who has coached many successful students to create their first products, even in soccer niche!

    3. Content is content, sales page is sales page

    my market is latin america....they need to see more content first then buy
    Well that goes for other market too my friend.

    The thing is you can't confuse the role of a content and sales page. Sales page has one mission and one mission only: to sell.

    If you really want to get people to see more content, then here's what I can suggest:
    1. Go to social media like facebook, and start building some followers there by creating a fan page only for soccer niche. Then post your contents there.
    2. Get your own blog. You can use WordPress to host your blog especially if you're on a shoe-string budget, but I would suggest going for self-hosted blog.
    3. Instagram is gonna be big next year for driving traffic while having a lot of authority going your way. Why not start there? Plus it's FREE!

    I hope that helps, my friend! Try applying these strategies and I'm sure you will some improvement in your conversion rate!

    - Budi T
    Signature

    STOP wasting your money into hypes and BS.
    Turn your traffic and subscribers into White Hot Cash!

    Continue >>

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778792].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cap360
      Originally Posted by BudiT View Post

      Hi Cap360,

      As demoheroes said, you did a very daring step by launching your first sales page at your first attempt.

      But there is so much room for improvement here, and I think you would do yourself a great favor by studying how a proper sales page is laid out.

      True, but even in other niche, like weight loss (one of the biggest market in the world and millions being spent each year on weight loss products because of its SHEER demand), you still have a lot of competitors. Those who win are those who really study marketing in great depth.

      Okay, I would like layout a few steps for you that you can follow to improve your sales page tremendously:

      1. Clean up the design.
      Right now, your page has too much distraction in it. Even your headline is buried in the color of your pictures.

      Ideally your sales page should consist of one column that is placed right in the middle of the page that stretch to the bottom of the page. You can model after this sales page. (Not affiliate link


      2. Get a stronger headline.
      Something like this would help:

      For Soccer Meme Enthusiast...
      Sit Back And Laugh At The Most Embarassing Stunts That You Would Never Think Your Favorite Soccer Player Would Have Performed In Public!

      That's just an example. You'll need to test several headlines of the same nature.

      Trust me when I say that your headline makes at least 50% impact on your reader and your sales.

      But seriously: Study the sales page sample I gave you above, because the product creator is someone who has coached many successful students to create their first products, even in soccer niche!

      3. Content is content, sales page is sales page

      Well that goes for other market too my friend.

      The thing is you can't confuse the role of a content and sales page. Sales page has one mission and one mission only: to sell.

      If you really want to get people to see more content, then here's what I can suggest:
      1. Go to social media like facebook, and start building some followers there by creating a fan page only for soccer niche. Then post your contents there.
      2. Get your own blog. You can use WordPress to host your blog especially if you're on a shoe-string budget, but I would suggest going for self-hosted blog.
      3. Instagram is gonna be big next year for driving traffic while having a lot of authority going your way. Why not start there? Plus it's FREE!

      I hope that helps, my friend! Try applying these strategies and I'm sure you will some improvement in your conversion rate!

      - Budi T
      i love you man
      where can i get that template for the sales page? it looks great
      i use wordpress
      Signature

      Online entrepreneur
      Social Media guru

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coluden
    The site is confusing and people do not know what you are selling for $5.00. Dropping the price further won't help either. It just does not flow at all.

    best to you,
    coluden
    Signature
    I've Teamed Up With An Asian Millionaire to Help You Earn Your First $1000 Online! ==>> Go to: http://prosperityinmotion.net/cb-pas...ocks-internet/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cnich23
    You should make a ebook or emagazine cover and 3D it. I know how to make them if you need help. That way it looks like you have a product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cap360
    make me then
    i have the pictures i want and you make it
    also

    feliz navidad feliz navidad
    Signature

    Online entrepreneur
    Social Media guru

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783889].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cnich23
      Here's a free version - download the attached file. Consider it a New Years gift and Good luck with your sales, if you want edits or a better version then I will charge a fee but this should be good for now. Pm me if you need anything else

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cnich23
    Add it near the $5 button at the bottom of your landing page or wherever you see fit
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cnich23
    Also use it in social networks as your image that goes with your ads/promotions
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783998].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cap360
      Originally Posted by cnich23 View Post

      Also use it in social networks as your image that goes with your ads/promotions


      hey can you replace the el pirlo picture with another picture please?



      i love u! please change it
      Signature

      Online entrepreneur
      Social Media guru

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cap360
    i love u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Signature

    Online entrepreneur
    Social Media guru

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cap360
    replace that bottom left picture with the one i posted
    suarez with bloody vampire mouth haha
    Signature

    Online entrepreneur
    Social Media guru

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cap360
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9786251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cap360
    thanks
    my website is changing soon i changed the name and everthin
    ill let you know then

    how do i watermark the images again? do i need like photoshop?
    Signature

    Online entrepreneur
    Social Media guru

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9786800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cnich23
    Try pixlr.com, it's somewhat similar to photoshop but web based and free...so I guess it should be easier for you to use
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9786805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cap360
    Here is the new revised website

    Soccer Magazine World

    tell me what you think
    Signature

    Online entrepreneur
    Social Media guru

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9788866].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    The OP link/page took 7 years to load...
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9791531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cap360
    ere is the new page:

    Soccer Magazine World
    Signature

    Online entrepreneur
    Social Media guru

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9791945].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jagmal
    I am curious to know how are your conversion numbers now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9792259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christina21maria
    A landing page can be any page that someone lands on after clicking on an online marketing call-to-action. Dedicated, promotion-specific landing pages are what we'll be focusing on. Dedicated landing pages are standalone pages that are designed for a specific marketing campaign.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9826167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FreedomBlogger
    I was not able to check out your site - the link is broken

    Anyways .. here are the common problems when it comes to Conversions.

    You need to learn about the THREE Types of Traffic

    1 - Cold Traffic
    2 - Warm Traffic
    3 - Hot Traffic

    Each type of traffic works with a specific type of Landing Page.

    For an instance, a Landing Page made for Cold Traffic will not work very well with Warm or Hot Traffic.

    You also need to learn about what type of landing page works with what type of traffic.

    I highly recommend you to invest on your education on this topic.

    I see a lot of people who do not know this simple knowledge and that is why they ask the same questions you are asking right now.

    They can't get good conversions. And that is because they are sending the wrong type of traffic to the wrong type of landing page!!!

    I hope this helps!

    I wish you the best of the best!

    Keep up the great work!

    Cheers!
    Signature
    At the beginning, I thought making money online with a blog was super super hard. Not anymore. Learn the art of making money online blogging - step by step - HERE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9826534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beni numbero
    i can not see tha website, is that broken?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9833784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cap360
      Originally Posted by beni numbero View Post

      i can not see tha website, is that broken?
      couldnt pay the bills son
      Signature

      Online entrepreneur
      Social Media guru

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9835026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cygnet Infotech
    May be it does not have what they want. Actually without getting it downloaded, I can not say that, it's a second level of thinking. May be the content of the promotion might not be catchy or interesting that your visitors didn't find it worth downloading!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jony1
    To get lead give all information in your landing page or contact form, its easy for people to know every thing in single page & More probility to get traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9840041].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Terry Papas
      I'm not sure how the previous/original version of the page looked like but i think it looks kinda ok right now. One thing i noticed is that $250 original price (which went down to $2) might be a bit overkill for an e-magazine, so you might want to lower that a bit so it doesn't look so "made up" Have you made any actual sales from it yet?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9849554].message }}

Trending Topics