Brutal honesty appreciated: Would you buy from this page?

16 replies
  • CRO
  • |
Hey everyone,

I have just finalized the design of SpreadPoint - a platform for creating intelligent* online giveaways, raffles, sweepstakes and contests.

If you wouldn't buy? What stops you from doing so? Brutal honesty would be appreciated for improving the website and our offering.

Thank you,
Dragos

*We are currently working on the intelligent part - it consists of campaign dynamic optimization according to your target group and recommendations regarding prizes, design and keywords. This is all for making contests with superior conversion rates.
#appreciated #brutal #buy #honesty #page #would you buy
  • Profile picture of the author addyonline
    I like the concept man, great stuff. The website is nice also, nothing would stop me from signing up for a free trial if I was interested in the service.

    Maybe a few very minor things:
    - Once you have case studies available, give some statistics, growth percentages, increase in engagement/social media following etc. Many corporates thrive on numbers and percentages.
    - Your little side pop-out "Do you have any questions at this point?" is a little invasive in my personal opinion and gets too close to the CTA - maybe consider placing it down the bottom?
    - I have read case studies proving that it can be beneficial to have a different 'action' colour to your brand colour. e.g your brand colouring is dominantly red, your 'action' (CTA) colour could be something slightly different? Maybe worth testing this with an A/B tool like VWO.

    Hope these help, but overall - really great job!

    Cheers,
    Adam.
    Signature
    The CRO Pro :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10335511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AyiamDigital
    Very good job on the site!

    Even makes me interested in checking out Spreadpoint.

    I'd only recommend creating a strong headline in the header. Because this message sets the tone for the remainder of the copy on your site, and is also your USP in a way. It should be benefits-oriented and should quantify results, as addyonline pointed out.

    Also, it would help if you can leverage a "big name" in the headline; that will help improve the prospect's perception of your product, even without reading any further.

    Here's an example of what I mean:

    __________________________

    Current headline:

    RUN GIVEAWAYS THAT DRIVE REAL USER ACTIONS
    Creating engagement can be simple. With SpreadPoint you build beautiful contests that are easy to customize. Start your trial today and reach out to your customers within minutes



    Reworked headline:

    CONTESTS INCREASE PROFITS BY 30% IN US CORPORATIONS
    Using Spreadpoint, Groupon quickly started several beautiful contests and drove over 30,000 users in one day! Start your trial today and engage more customers than ever before.



    I used Groupon as an example and made up the stats, just to give you an idea of what I am talking/typing about. Your company can start diligently reaching out to known companies, offer them the trial, and then create a case study based on their results.

    Use those stats to create and test more headlines to find those that resonate with ROI-hungry decision makers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10353025].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Platt
    I really like the site, here are a few comments

    - it takes a long time to load
    - the logo is not really in line with the rest of your page
    - there is no real clear call to action on your page, you can be more direct I think to get more people to buy on your site

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10354337].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DragosTudor
      Originally Posted by AyiamDigital View Post

      Very good job on the site!

      Even makes me interested in checking out Spreadpoint.

      I'd only recommend creating a strong headline in the header. Because this message sets the tone for the remainder of the copy on your site, and is also your USP in a way. It should be benefits-oriented and should quantify results, as addyonline pointed out.

      Also, it would help if you can leverage a "big name" in the headline; that will help improve the prospect's perception of your product, even without reading any further.

      Here's an example of what I mean:

      __________________________

      Current headline:

      RUN GIVEAWAYS THAT DRIVE REAL USER ACTIONS
      Creating engagement can be simple. With SpreadPoint you build beautiful contests that are easy to customize. Start your trial today and reach out to your customers within minutes



      Reworked headline:

      CONTESTS INCREASE PROFITS BY 30% IN US CORPORATIONS
      Using Spreadpoint, Groupon quickly started several beautiful contests and drove over 30,000 users in one day! Start your trial today and engage more customers than ever before.



      I used Groupon as an example and made up the stats, just to give you an idea of what I am talking/typing about. Your company can start diligently reaching out to known companies, offer them the trial, and then create a case study based on their results.

      Use those stats to create and test more headlines to find those that resonate with ROI-hungry decision makers!
      Originally Posted by addyonline View Post

      I like the concept man, great stuff. The website is nice also, nothing would stop me from signing up for a free trial if I was interested in the service.

      Maybe a few very minor things:
      - Once you have case studies available, give some statistics, growth percentages, increase in engagement/social media following etc. Many corporates thrive on numbers and percentages.
      - Your little side pop-out "Do you have any questions at this point?" is a little invasive in my personal opinion and gets too close to the CTA - maybe consider placing it down the bottom?
      - I have read case studies proving that it can be beneficial to have a different 'action' colour to your brand colour. e.g your brand colouring is dominantly red, your 'action' (CTA) colour could be something slightly different? Maybe worth testing this with an A/B tool like VWO.

      Hope these help, but overall - really great job!

      Cheers,
      Adam.
      Originally Posted by Platt View Post

      I really like the site, here are a few comments

      - it takes a long time to load
      - the logo is not really in line with the rest of your page
      - there is no real clear call to action on your page, you can be more direct I think to get more people to buy on your site

      Hope this helps.
      Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! We seems to get a lot of advice with regards to introducing case studies and a stronger USP + validation and we are onto it. Would there be any strategies you would recommend for getting initial customers? We currently have an email database with 1k+ companies, have contacted 10-20 companies and got some ads going on Adwords + display. Much appreciate!

      Platt, do you feel that the current button is not powerful enough? We did some testing with a more powerful one and the issue was that less people tried it. How about the live demo? Would you prefer seeing a more animated raffle there? Ex: Video background / interactive? Would this be a major factor for making you give it a try?

      Thanks!
      Dragos
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10354590].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AyiamDigital
        Originally Posted by DragosTudor View Post

        Would there be any strategies you would recommend for getting initial customers? We currently have an email database with 1k+ companies, have contacted 10-20 companies and got some ads going on Adwords + display.
        Dragos
        Yes! Here are some strategies:

        1.) Get some content marketing going on!
        Do you have a blog? Sorry, I'm too lazy to look. Been a long day. A blog will drive a TON of traffic as long as you're marketing the content which you produce. Plus, a blog tends to position your company as a leader in your niche, as long as you have ample posts with factual insight that people can use to improve their lives.

        Create a specific editorial calendar; in other words make sure you commit to creating posts on a specific basis, consistently. Once a week, twice a month; twice a day. Whatever you want! Just be consistent.

        2.) Market your content
        I believe that you have to spend at least 75% more time marketing your content than you do creating it. If you write a blog post that takes 3 hours; spend at LEAST 8 hours promoting it. That means reaching out to other blogs related to yours, and asking them to link back to your postings...just as one example.

        3.) Get heavy on social
        I'm of the strong belief that you can't quantify the ROI using social media. BUT, you can get results from being consistent using it, and interesting to the people who follow you. We use Twitter over here, and the account is new, but the engagement is great. I can see fewer prospects translating into customers, because they are engaged. Find your ideal social channel that aligns with your business and use it daily!

        4.) You need to contact 10-20 companies....DAILY!!!!!!!!!
        10 companies daily = 200 companies per month based on 5-day work weeks.
        20 companies daily = 400 companies per month based on 5-day work weeks.

        If your closing rate is 1% of the companies prospected (average w/targeted list): that's 2 deals closed per month with 10 companies contacted daily, and 4 deals closed per month with 20 companies contact daily.

        Now think if you contacted 50 companies daily! That 10 deals per month!

        Feel free to instant message me if you want more tips or help, and I'd be happy to!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362584].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rusilja
    I took a look at your site, the very first thing I see (with people in background image) isn't well written. I am not able to fully understand what your product is about, it should be explained more simpler.

    Also, changing the background could do a lot, it's so dark & a bit strange.

    That's my two cents. Otherwise the site looks good!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10366326].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Egyfitness
      Does the big red sign in button has the same importance to you as acquiring new lead ?

      The questions tab also distracts people . Why dont u move the button down below the fold ? Prioritize your goals.

      Explain how easy to use..like optinmonster , unbounce ,leadpages.net ,wix do

      Build a contest in 5 minutes with basic tools..etc... "Easy" is not clear enough

      I also didnt understand all the functions clearly.. why dont you use a video ?

      Actually multiple videos for all features..don't believe me ? Look here

      LeadPages Software - mobile responsive landing page generator
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10367395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    I hate the front page. Having a LOT of people there and then overlaying writing means people have to try to read it.
    That means effort and people are basically lazy. If you can't spell out what you offer on page 1, then it's pointless.
    That page made me get rid of it so I didn't have patience to try and read more.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10367498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trankuility
    I really like what you did with the placement of the headline text and the CTA button all being in direct line of sight of the people within the picture.

    However, I feel that you took the easy way out on this. The image itself doesn't relate well to the product or service that's being offered. It looks like a bunch of poor people in line to receive bread from the pope, hah.

    Get a more relevant and better image. And if you're going to use their line of sight to direct the users intention then have the people in the picture focused on one spot which is the CTA.

    As is, I would not buy. The first image is so offputting I don't trust the rest of what I read.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10390424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Avisa
    the site looks great!!
    the design is amazing..

    brutal honesty? i didn't get what it does or offers...
    maybe check the text above the fold and make it simpler.

    thats my 2 cents
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10393714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author supereek
    pics on 27" monitor look kinda rekt here.. but i am not a part of the majority of your traffic as many will be on laptops/smaller screens/mobile. Further clean site.
    Signature

    Get my fiverr abritage tutorial for free HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10459088].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author damascan
    site looks good, i like it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edmltw
    Who are you targeting with this website?

    People who have tested other similar products before with no significant results? Because that's what I'm understood from your site's top fold.

    If that's your positioning, you just have to work on refining the copy. I was looking around for too long to figure out that you're actually selling a digital giveaway tool.

    If that's NOT your positioning, and you're actually targeting people that are looking for new ways to attract leads to their businesses (online or offline), then I suggest you and your team to do more research on your target customer group and revamp the site.

    Regards,
    Ed
    Signature

    Need A Easy, Drag and Drop Website Creation Platform?
    Click Here To Find Out More

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10467149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monachus
    I visited your website from a tablet.

    Design looks clean and proffessional, all page elements are well aligned and the only advise i can give you is to make a stronger and clearer welcome message.

    It is not clear to the new visitor what your website is all about.

    He has to scroll down and read all you have written in order to understand what you are selling.

    I would try a provocative question in the beggining of the home page like "Do you want thousands of visitors in a ...."?? followed by your service brief identity message.

    Since i did not view your website from desktop, i remind you that my comment has to do with responsive view.
    Signature
    Aenaos S.A. HVAC engineers and contractors - Thessaloniki - Greece
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10467513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Phillip Jackson
    Originally Posted by DragosTudor View Post

    Hey everyone,

    I have just finalized the design of SpreadPoint - a platform for creating intelligent* online giveaways, raffles, sweepstakes and contests.

    If you wouldn't buy? What stops you from doing so? Brutal honesty would be appreciated for improving the website and our offering.

    Thank you,
    Dragos

    *We are currently working on the intelligent part - it consists of campaign dynamic optimization according to your target group and recommendations regarding prizes, design and keywords. This is all for making contests with superior conversion rates.

    When I first get to the page I have NO clue what you are offering and find myself frustrated. I scroll down and still dont get it. After 10 seconds Im bored and leave.

    Id work on that
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10474490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    That headline..."Run Giveaways"...is not easy to understand.

    I'm as full English-As-A-First-Language white guy as it gets and I still had a doubletake. "What should I run? Where?"

    How are you ensuring your visitors are social media marketers?

    Because otherwise this is all gibberish.

    Which leads to my next question:

    Where can you get this in front of your target market for feedback? Because while WF members are somewhat overlapping, they're not really "it". So asking for the opinions of non-buyers is not all that effective. I'd find your target market and ask them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484066].message }}

Trending Topics