Make a quick dollar

by Matthew Iannotti 7 replies
Offering 15 bucks for picking best sales page and why....

Ok, I'm about done now with split testing my sales page..I have tested all 5 pages and all get about the same conversion, leaving me without a clear winner...So if anyone wants to make a quick 15 dollars paid paypal please take a look at Sport Supplement Secrets | Sport Supplements

Now, in order to see all 5 sales pages you must clear cookies and reload site for each sales page to show..The only thing you need to really read is the header and deck..

So what I need from you is the header of the page you liked most and why..The one you disliked most and why....

Thanks!

Whoever gives me the most convincing argument as to why they picked a certain page will be declared the winner...Winner will be announced in 24 hours from now..

Thanks!
#copywriting #dollar #make #quick
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author MikeHumphreys
    Originally Posted by EfitnessNYC View Post

    Offering 15 bucks for picking best sales page and why....

    Ok, I'm about done now with split testing my sales page..I have tested all 5 pages and all get about the same conversion, leaving me without a clear winner...So if anyone wants to make a quick 15 dollars paid paypal please take a look at Sport Supplement Secrets | Sport Supplements

    Now, in order to see all 5 sales pages you must clear cookies and reload site for each sales page to show..The only thing you need to really read is the header and deck..

    So what I need from you is the header of the page you liked most and why..The one you disliked most and why....

    Thanks!

    Whoever gives me the most convincing argument as to why they picked a certain page will be declared the winner...Winner will be announced in 24 hours from now..

    Thanks!
    Well... If you've run 5 different sales pages thru split-testing with no clear cut winner, then you don't have a winner. If you don't have a winner then you need to either keep the test running longer or come up with a new test.

    I'd suggest testing 2-3 sales pages so that you get quicker test results b/c you need less unique visitors to get your conclusive data. You should aim for at least 100 actions to get conclusive results.

    Hope that helps,

    Mike
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1161250].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matthew Iannotti
      Originally Posted by MikeHumphreys View Post

      Well... If you've run 5 different sales pages thru split-testing with no clear cut winner, then you don't have a winner. If you don't have a winner then you need to either keep the test running longer or come up with a new test.

      I'd suggest testing 2-3 sales pages so that you get quicker test results b/c you need less unique visitors to get your conclusive data. You should aim for at least 100 actions to get conclusive results.

      Hope that helps,

      Mike

      Hey Mike,

      You have a point, but I'd really rather just use one...I hate thinking to myself I may have lost a sale because the customer landed on x sales page instead of y...

      100 actions would work, i just waited til I got 100 uniques per page! I got a long way to go!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1162658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JV3STUDIO
    This was easy!

    My favorite headline by far:

    "Discover The Sport Supplement Secrets That Helped Me Shed 38 Lbs, And Dropped My Body Fat Percentage To 7% In Just 10 Weeks..."

    The Supplement Industry Has Been Keeping Us All In The Dark But The Last Laugh Is Now On Them! This Tell All Explosive Report Uncovers The Secrets That Will Take You From A Fat Schmo To A Respectable Joe...

    This was the one header (and sub-header) that really grabbed my attention and made me want to read more. It has the numbers, results.. perfect use of a headline starting with "Discover" ... one of those powerful words in copy writing..


    The worst headline:

    ""Amazing Sport Supplement Secrets Uncovered... The Real Reasons You
    Have Failed..."

    Boring!!


    Cheers,

    Johan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1161359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr.Tambourine
    Lets look at the people you will be targeting...
    1> New people looking for supplements (and maybe have no idea about what's on the market)
    2> People disappointed by earlier supplements.
    3> People not disappointed, just looking for a new supplier.

    You need a headline that addresses all of these classes of people.

    Considering the points above, the headline

    ""You're About To Discover The Sport Supplement Secrets That Most Fitness Enthusiasts Will Never Know...""

    seems appropriate.

    Moreover, the headline would most probably make a greater impact if you append

    "No Longer Will You Have To Spend Your Hard Earned Cash On Crappy Pills Or Powders
    That Just Don’t Work!""

    as the subheading so as to encapsulate the "People disappointed by earlier supplements." category of people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1161446].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matthew Iannotti
      Originally Posted by Mr.Tambourine View Post

      Lets look at the people you will be targeting...
      1> New people looking for supplements (and maybe have no idea about what's on the market)
      2> People disappointed by earlier supplements.
      3> People not disappointed, just looking for a new supplier.

      You need a headline that addresses all of these classes of people.

      Considering the points above, the headline

      ""You're About To Discover The Sport Supplement Secrets That Most Fitness Enthusiasts Will Never Know...""

      seems appropriate.

      Moreover, the headline would most probably make a greater impact if you append

      "No Longer Will You Have To Spend Your Hard Earned Cash On Crappy Pills Or Powders
      That Just Don’t Work!""

      as the subheading so as to encapsulate the "People disappointed by earlier supplements." category of people.

      I like what you suggested, using the sub head of one sales page and match it with header of main sales page...

      You are right on target, that is the market I am targeting. When I read most online fitness forums, so many people have no idea what to take..I know there is a market for my product..targeting this market seems like the most difficult since most forums do not allow for profit links or even signatures anymore..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1162670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr.Tambourine
    @johan Not all people looking for 'sports' supplements are looking to shed weight. On the contrary, they might be looking to gain weight by way if muscles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1161461].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author steveka
      Originally Posted by Mr.Tambourine View Post

      @johan Not all people looking for 'sports' supplements are looking to shed weight. On the contrary, they might be looking to gain weight by way if muscles.

      So true! But the page is about losing weight and getting rid of body fat. It targets fat people not skinny people who are trying to gain weight. So the headline fits with the sales page. And i think it's a good one.

      However, a real expert both knows how to help someone lose weight and gain muscle. So including both elements in the sales page will definitely create a better result.

      Third category is not very realistic because these kind of people stick with their supplements and brag about it almost everywhere, as long as they keep getting the results. So unless it is some kind of new revolutionary miracle supplement that everybody is talking about, it is almost impossible to sell something new to them.

      This market is very competitive and very difficult to make profit off of it. The main reason is people in this market are very indecisive. They tend to do a detailed research, read a lot of articles and testimonials before trying any product. So, including tambourine's advices and writing a longer sales page will convert better. You have to include a lot of testimonials to convince people in this market.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1161981].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics